Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Thing is even if a deal is done and the 3 year ban is waived, all that really does is kick the can down the road to next year. Djokovic isn’t going to suddenly decide to have the vaccine and I can’t imagine the Australian policy of only allowing vaccinated individuals to enter the country is going to change.

You never know, it might not be an issue by then.

18 minutes ago, Eednud said:
Djokovic v Minister for Immigration: Following tonight's hearing before Judge Kelly this matter has been transferred to Justice O’Callaghan of the Federal Court of Australia. Hearing is listed in the at 10.15am AEDT tomorrow 15 January. Follow for updates

+++

That’s 11.15pm GMT 14 Jan.

He's got a meeting with immigration officials at 8am or 8.30, so it's possible they'll do a deal before going to court.

Court proceedings should be streamed on here somewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FederalCourtAus

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

when is the final - tried to look online and saw something about Amazon Prime at 12 midnight - surely it is later than that.

Probably about 8 or 9am our time.  You'd imagine the men's singles final will be on after the men's doubles.

15 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

when is the final - tried to look online and saw something about Amazon Prime at 12 midnight - surely it is later than that.

The games have been advertised as on Amazon but I haven't been able to find them. Could be they'll cover the final, otherwise it's the Tennis One app.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The games have been advertised as on Amazon but I haven't been able to find them. Could be they'll cover the final, otherwise it's the Tennis One app.

BBC have confirmed they are showing Murray's final in Sydney.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/59999512

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

BBC now going to broadcast the final on iPlayer and their website 

I suspect things could be about to get rowdy in Australia. The reasons for deporting Djokovic..

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/australia-declares-djokovic-a-risk-to-civil-order-and-public-health-20220114-p59oex.html

Edited by welshbairn

I'm beginning to think that the idiot Scott Morrison created this whole debacle to portray himself as a no messing Aussie before the election and it's backfired. All they had to do was refuse the visa because he wasn't vaccinated, the rule is simple. But he wanted more of a drama without thinking it through about mega rich Djokavic maybe getting lawyered up instead of a patsy asylum seeker. There is no way a functionary would have approved his visa without sending it up the chain for authorisation. 

Back in the Fed Court tomorrow 9.30am (10.30pm GMT 15 Jan). ND team requesting full court (3 judges) removing any right of appeal, I think. AusGov against. Judge will deliberate and advise both parities later today. 

7 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Back in the Fed Court tomorrow 9.30am (10.30pm GMT 15 Jan). ND team requesting full court (3 judges) removing any right of appeal, I think. AusGov against. Judge will deliberate and advise both parities later today. 

I suppose the ND team think there's no point of an appeal if they lose because it will be too late for Djokovich anyway. Don't know who has the advantage with 3 judges rather than 1 apart from that,  unless maybe if it has to be unanimous.

Edited by welshbairn