Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

England rugby union head coach Eddie Jones with a totally bizarre outburst at Emma Raducanu. 
The man is a buffoon. Couldn't even mention her by name and oblivious to the fact that the Vogue photoshoot he references was done before the US Open.

He cites "distractions", a bit rich from a man who has a couple of other jobs apart from his main role.

Another good tournament, did well against the young American but came up short.
That will be him in terms of ATP tournaments for the year. Maybe an exhibition in Dubai upcoming and then that ‘battle of the brits’ knock up in December in Aberdeen.
Aussie Open the next big one at the end of January. I feel that’s the major he’s most likely to get a run in next year.

I think much of yesterdays poorer performance was fatigue, he’s been playing every week since September just about.  Three matches in three days, seemed to catch him out.

I’m pretty confident that a good off season, and some slight adjustments to serve and forehand and he will be able to   Climb the rankings.  He has no points to defend until June.  Top 20 isn’t beyond him as long as he stays healthy.

Australia could be a funny Slam as only double vaccinated players will get a VISA.  If they aren’t vaccinated now, they will be running out of time to receive the second dose before flying out.

51 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Zverev beat Medvedev 2-0 in the WTF final if anyone cares.

I have to say now, I just didn't see Zverev as being a possible world No. 1.  I thought his second serve was terrible (worse than even 'The Girny Loons' one).  And it was so prone to doubles in windy or pressure situations.

His chokes against Thiem in the US Open also had me convinced that he just wouldn't quite make it to the very top.

He's now knocking off big players with fairly convincing wins on a regular basis, so I'm going to eat a bit of humble pie and admit that he may well be the next big thing.

That said, he's not without challengers, I like the looks of Berretini and Sinner and if Thiem can keep injury free, he might still be the man.  I still think that Auger-Aliassime (sp) could be special but he seems to have stalled (that's possibly a bit harsh) but I don't feel he's progressing as quickly as say Berretini. 

I don't think I've ever seen Casper Ruud play, so can't comment, but he's top 10 I think, so can't be all bad.

Much though I've loved watching Federer, Nadal & Djokovic, I do see this next period of tennis as a changing of the guard and I'm looking forward to it.

Finally, just to add to my tennis credentials; in absolutely NO WAY did I see the rise of Norrie into even the top 50, let alone top 20 and nearly TOP 10!

Yours

aDONis