Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

It’s a shame to me that there doesn’t seem to be any prospect of a Murray brothers partnership with Andy switching to concentrate on doubles which should be friendlier on his body. I think they could play together for 3-4 years and win multiple grand slams.

It’s a shame to me that there doesn’t seem to be any prospect of a Murray brothers partnership with Andy switching to concentrate on doubles which should be friendlier on his body. I think they could play together for 3-4 years and win multiple grand slams.
They could join up but remember that Jamie is actually the older brother & has just partnered back up with Soares who he's won all his GS double titles with.

JM will be on the hunt for a couple more GS doubles titles before he retires & much more likely to do so with an established partner he's won slams with before.

Andy seems determined to stay playing singles so [emoji2369]

Andy has often produced Wimbledon roller coasters.... Gasquet, Bagdades(i know spelt wrong), warkinka(prob spelt wing), Verdasco.(maybe spelt wrong) and Nalbandian( think spelling ok), springs to mind.
Lost that last one but very young at time...

I’d add in his loss to Roddick in 09 and his win vs Janowicz in 13 on the list of mental games he was involved in. Not quite as mental as the Gasquet one right enough.

Dan Evans through 3-0 against Lopez.  Watched the 2nd set on my lunch break.  Wild forehands from the Spaniard.  Beat himself really.

I believe the middle Sunday break is still there this year but will be gone from next year.  Wimbledon finally realising the ticket sales from show courts will greatly help them balance their books.

Murray will be on centre third today, again Novak opening with a women’s match in between.

Must be pretty horrendous if you’re Serena and your Wimbledon ends like that.  Probably the only slam she has a genuine chance of winning.  Every year that chances diminish. This is the first slam since French Open 2012 that Venus Williams has lasted longer.

Shapovalov will be Murray’s opponent in the next round of he is to get through tonight.  Andujar withdrew giving him a walk over.  So he will be nice and fresh for either Otte or Murray.

Nole absolutely destroyed Anderson.  He looked unbelievable today.  There were still a couple of tumbles though, but on the whole he just seemed super comfortable.

Barring injury, I just can't see anyone living with him if he continues to play like that.  We could be living through a time when three players are all on 20 majors, I remember thinking that no-one in the modern game would match Sampras' 14!

Yours

aDONis

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Are they absolutely saturating the court every morning or something?

Decent article on the BBC about this. Basically it seems to be damp and humid weather, plus having the roof closed for long periods. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/57658435

7 hours ago, Loki said:

I believe the middle Sunday break is still there this year but will be gone from next year.  Wimbledon finally realising the ticket sales from show courts will greatly help them balance their books.

I think they always knew that, and their books are pretty healthy after their insurance from last year. Seems to be that the change is more about improved grass management (ironically), as they always said the grass needed a day off before, and a more relaxed attitude from their neighbours.

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Don’t tell my wife but I think I’m in love with Katie Boulter 

I just want her to win because I hate Sabalenka's screaming. If you're still making noise while your opponent is hitting the ball you need to STFU.