Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

12 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
34 minutes ago, Loki said:
I’d imagine she would have lost in the first round.  Siniakova made the final in Bod Hamburg and Konta hasn’t played since March.

Konta won the tourney at Nottingham a fortnight ago.

I even watched her lose in the French Open, so I’m not sure where I got that from 🤣

Young Jack Draper gives Djokovic a scare by taking the first set but normal service resumed as it takes Djokovic 55 mins to win the next 2 seats and turn the match on its head.

Elsewhere a number of first round matches scheduled for today have been postponed with no play possible yet on the outside courts due to rain. 

Tiafoe now two sets up and a break up in the third against Tsitsipas. The third seed could be heading out in the opening hours of the tournament. Big American looks good, has a great game for grass. Surprised his best at Wimbledon is the third round.

Every single French Open finalist apart from the Big 3 have been turfed out in Wimbledon’s First Round, since Murray won the Wimbledon title in 2016.

Murray serving well, and moving well.  Very impressive so far.

Murray breaks immediately to love in the third set. Feels like all the energy has gone from Basilashvili after going 2 sets down.

I never realised this guy was the 24th seed until now and assumed he was a jobber. Good to see Andy laying down the law. 

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Murray breaks immediately to love in the third set. Feels like all the energy has gone from Basilashvili after going 2 sets down.

I never realised this guy was the 24th seed until now and assumed he was a jobber. Good to see Andy laying down the law. 

Compared to Murray he is a jobber

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Compared to Murray he is a jobber

Even still, it’s very good to see this version of Murray cruising to what looks like a routine win against a seeded player. 

Qualifier next so I’d back him to get into R3, but could be a tall order to beat Dennis Shapovalov the 10th seed who likes the grass