Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Don't know about "our" Andy Murray, but an English one has taken a wildcard to play in the Delray Beach Open, an ATP 250 tourney in Florida in January.

I would genuinely change my name if I was that guy. He’s clearly able to play tennis to a reasonably high standard if he’s getting into ATP250 events, and the only reason anyone will even give you a second look is because you share a name with the greatest British tennis player who has ever lived. It would be like a guy called Cristiano Ronaldo playing football for a Portuguese second division team, it wouldn’t be worth the hassle. 

11 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Don't know about "our" Andy Murray, but an English one has taken a wildcard to play in the Delray Beach Open, an ATP 250 tourney in Florida in January.

50 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I would genuinely change my name if I was that guy. He’s clearly able to play tennis to a reasonably high standard if he’s getting into ATP250 events, and the only reason anyone will even give you a second look is because you share a name with the greatest British tennis player who has ever lived. It would be like a guy called Cristiano Ronaldo playing football for a Portuguese second division team, it wouldn’t be worth the hassle. 

Which one of you has been whooshed? Or is it me? It's the old GB = England striking again.

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

Which one of you has been whooshed? Or is it me? It's the old GB = England striking again.

I’ve just clicked the twitter link and I think I’ve been wooshed in a quite horrific fashion. I would love to delete it but you have now quoted it. 

Mine was definitely sarcasm. Hard to believe that having been on tour so long somebody could still make that mistake regarding Andy Murray. He looked to be moving fairly well during the latest round of inter Brit matches, hopefully gets some more decent game time in Florida.

On 26/12/2020 at 08:03, IrishBhoy said:

😂

Andy takes the wild card in to the Australian Open.   Will head to Australia after Delray Beach and be in quarantine for 14 days.
Don't know if Andy will get any sort of leeway to try and keep his fitness up. I heard cricketer David Malan on the radio a few weeks back, he had to do the two weeks quarantine after flying out to play in the Big Bash. Locked in your hotel room with all your meals brought to you, and his request to have a treadmill or cross trainer in his room was refused.

10 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
14 minutes ago, Loki said:
Andy takes the wild card in to the Australian Open.   Will head to Australia after Delray Beach and be in quarantine for 14 days.

Don't know if Andy will get any sort of leeway to try and keep his fitness up. I heard cricketer David Malan on the radio a few weeks back, he had to do the two weeks quarantine after flying out to play in the Big Bash. Locked in your hotel room with all your meals brought to you, and his request to have a treadmill or cross trainer in his room was refused.

Yeah after a couple of negative tests you are allowed to start training. After 7 days you can start practicing with others you form a bubble with.  Whilst in quarantine. Hence why the Australian Open was then pushed back into February. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Murray tests positive for covid. Still hopes to make it to Australia to play in the open.

Could work in his favour if he has mild symptoms and recovers quickly - he's not going to get it again before the open finishes.

Remember Djokovic hosted a tourney where nearly everyone caught Covid? Seems he still doesn't grasp the need for quarantine for close contacts. Nick Kyrgios not mincing his words. Tomic's bird is an obvious wid, but seems to be lacking a bit of perspective.