Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Guest The Phoenix
Guy called Mackin for whom Scots think no one knows in the world, lost to Lapentti in 3 sets, as a Shire fan, im gonna send a bottle of slovenian champaign to Ecuador, cuz of that.

Your grasp of the (English) written word has remarkably improved :lol:

Imposter

Nadal going on form should get through quite easily but if Murray plays at his absolute best and gets on top of Nadal early then he could have a chance.

Nadal was injured coming into the tournament, so his fitness might not be 100%.

Murray still has to hope the Spaniard has an off day, mind, as only Federer is better than an on-form Nadal.

I reckon it could be a close one. If it goes to five sets, it'll be interesting to see the effects of Murray's extra fitness training he's recently done.

Murray still has to hope the Spaniard has an off day, mind, as only Federer is better than an on-form Nadal.

I reckon it could be a close one. If it goes to five sets, it'll be interesting to see the effects of Murray's extra fitness training he's recently done.

If it wa Nadal on clay, then he would lose easily, he has a decent chance.

Guest xbasslichtie

If Murray is really going to be the best as so many people have hyped him up to be....this is where he has to show it! Theres only one year between them in age, so he cant cite inexperience and youth, really he has the same chance of beating him now that he will in 5 years time. Hope he does it, even though he is picking up a yank accent!

If Murray is really going to be the best as so many people have hyped him up to be....this is where he has to show it! Theres only one year between them in age, so he cant cite inexperience and youth, really he has the same chance of beating him now that he will in 5 years time. Hope he does it, even though he is picking up a yank accent!

Nadal was physically stronger from a younger age. Murray seemingly grew a bit in the summer which helps explain a lot of his troubles last year as regards stamina. Nadal is an early developer physically thats why he broke through earlier.

Nadal and Murray will be around for a long time and Murray will have plenty of chances to take a grand slam. Especially if Federer retires early. :lol:

If Murray is really going to be the best as so many people have hyped him up to be.

Who has hyped him to be the best? I can't think of anyone who's ever said that. He's got a good chance of becoming the best ever British tennis player, and he stands a fair chance of winning a Grand Slam event or two.

What you can't argue with though is facts. At 19 years of age, he's 15th in the world, higher than what Federer was at the same age. ;)

Murray v Nadal is the second "Not before 0830 GMT" match on Rod Laver arena, with Maria Sharapova v Vera Zvonareva on before them - I'd guess they'll be on around 10.30am.

Nadal is certainly playing as if he is 100% fit at the moment because he has been playing some great Tennis and breezing through his matches at times. I hope Murray wins but i see Nadal winning in 4 sets :(

2-2, following it on The Guardian's website. Seems like we could be in for a pretty good game. I don't expect him to win but would love it if he did, and hopefully it's a cracking contest.

2-2, following it on The Guardian's website. Seems like we could be in for a pretty good game. I don't expect him to win but would love it if he did, and hopefully it's a cracking contest.

Still on serve st 4-3 Nadal. No-one's really looked like breaking serve yet, but Nadal's been winning his service games easier.

Guest thefamousphilosifer
Still on serve st 4-3 Nadal. No-one's really looked like breaking serve yet, but Nadal's been winning his service games easier.

Murrays only took 2 points from Nadals 4 service games, which is a bit of a worry. Although saying that he's held his serve fairly well.

Murrays only took 2 points from Nadals 4 service games, which is a bit of a worry. Although saying that he's held his serve fairly well.

Got him to deuce in the last one, but one missed return and one cracker of a shot from Nadal held serve.

Nice lucky net cord there to go 40-15 in Andy's service game :)