Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

5 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Definitely not a brutal draw. Gasquet is about as good a first round as he could have hoped for imo.

I was talking about the draw as a whole, not just Gasquet as a first opponent. Top players all over his potential route.

Even still, I think Gasquet is tough enough at this stage. No idea why you think he’s as good as could have been hoped for, as there were plenty of easier ones in the first round draw.

I was talking about the draw as a whole, not just Gasquet as a first opponent. Top players all over his potential route.
Even still, I think Gasquet is tough enough at this stage. No idea why you think he’s as good as could have been hoped for, as there were plenty of easier ones in the first round draw.

Gasquet isn’t fully fit at the moment and hasn’t shown top form for a very long time. His movement isn’t on the same level as it used to be also.

It will be interesting to see what he does about the US Open. Wildcards will be announced at the start of next week. He can get a main draw one if he wants - but might take one into qualifying to get more matches. Although he may just skip and play doubles.

Interesting times that’s for sure

It will be interesting to see what he does about the US Open. Wildcards will be announced at the start of next week. He can get a main draw one if he wants - but might take one into qualifying to get more matches. Although he may just skip and play doubles.

Interesting times that’s for sure
Can't see him taking one, he's already said potential 5 set singles matches are not a good option at this stage.

He also said at Washington he would only play the US Open if he played Cinci. So it’s certainly not improbable.

I think we are starting to see the beginning of the end for Serena, her body broke down again and was forced to retire after three games. Now a doubt for the US Open.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
36 minutes ago, The-coo-shed said:
Amazon prime is so clunky for trying to watch tennis. Hate it.

Why is this not on btsport? They've got tennis from Cincinnati.

Thought it was? Haven't got BT Sport.