Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I quite like the idea of going straight in. If he gets a fluke win against a top seed he effectively becomes that seed. It will also be a good measure of where he is and how much strain he can put on the hip.

I think he’d certainly have a chance in a best of three against Goffin, Zverev, Fognini and others in the top 16. Not so much in best of five currently.

I quite like the idea of going straight in. If he gets a fluke win against a top seed he effectively becomes that seed. It will also be a good measure of where he is and how much strain he can put on the hip.

I think he’d certainly have a chance in a best of three against Goffin, Zverev, Fognini and others in the top 16. Not so much in best of five currently.
Tbh, I wouldn't call a win against a top seed a fluke. I would consider the top 8 to be top seeds and a win against 2 or 3 of them certainly won't be a fluke; against 1,2 or 3... Certainly. I hope he draws am Anderson or like...

Nick Kyrgios is in superb form right now. A superb first set from him as he wins it 6-4. He really is some tennis player when he’s in a good place.

His matches are always entertaining. He may be a threat at the US Open if he can keep it together in the first week

Even in the deciding set you seen the two Kyrgios’. Superb tennis to move a double break 5-1 lead and then goes a mini break and match point down by losing five points in a row.

Absolute box office. Gets coaching advice from a fan on his match point.

Kyrgios has himself said that he wouldn’t listen to him [emoji23] Kyrgios hasn’t a coach for a reason.

Murray will make a good coach one day for sure though. Andy Roddick has said previously that he’s the most intelligent tennis player when it comes to strategy and working opponents out.

Really enjoyed Kyrgios this week. Love him or hate him, he is probably the most fun player to watch.

When he's on it, he is the one of the best out there. It just happens in short bursts [emoji23]
It's a pity he doesn't have the right mindset, he has more ability than some players who have made slam finals recently, would much rather watch Kyrgios than the likes of Anderson.

It won’t really click for him until he has a permanent partner. A lot of points his teams concede are cheap points that established teams don’t make.

I think he’ll be playing singles again soon though.

I’m at work so can’t find it, but López/Murray were 0-40 down on their serve. Their opponent attempted a lob that went well wide. López gathered the ball when it went out, but before it landed. So they were broken by that - Murray had to explain to him why they lost a point [emoji23]

Drawn to play Richard Gasquet in the first round. Then if he wins Thiem awaits in the next round. Then seeded to face Cilic, Zverev, Nadal and then Djokovic.

Some draw [emoji23]

I could name at least ten players that would be a better draw than Gasquet. He’s always given Murray problems and played well in beating Paire and Nishikori and losing to Bautista-Agut.

Like Nightmare said he’s beatable but certainly not the best he could have hoped for.