Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

You'd think if he met Khachanov  in the 3rd round he'd get disposed of 3-0.  He just needs matches.  Wouldn't be surprised if he drops to the Challengers in February for 'game time' like Nishikori did last year.

Gutted for him. He's achieved so much, yet probably deserved even more.

Although he's barely played for 18 months now, it's genuinely sad to think we won't see him in action much longer, if at all.

Hero.

Gutted. He drove us all mental at times, but the successes were simply fantastic.

I can still remember watching the 2012 US open final at work, with the match delayed until Monday night. Hiding away in a corner watching it on my phone, and only got spotted when I let out a huge roar when he won.

As the Australian Open has tweeted, playing in an era with not 1 but 3 of the GOATs, he still won 3 slams, 2 Olympic Golds, world number 1, ATP finals, 8 slam finals, 14 masters 1000 titles, 45 ATP titles, and one they didn't mention was dragging his country to a Davis Cup win. An absolute legend, and we may never see his like again.

Have mentioned it on here before, but there's a line in Raiders of the Lost Ark that I always think sums up Andy's problems of the last few years. "It's not the years honey, it's the mileage."

Absolutely heart broken for him.  Incredible career - three titles at Wimbledon, US Open, Davis Cup, a further Olympic Gold Medal, 14 Masters tournaments, ATP number 1 for 41 weeks, ATP Finals champion and bundles of others -an all time great and a Hall of Fame place guaranteed.

My reaction watching his press conference:

andy.jpg?w968h681

Pretty tough to watch that interview. He’s obviously hurting physically and mentally.

He should go now I think, a few games of tennis between now and July isn’t worth all that.

The greatest British sportsperson of all time.  Who achieved so much against 3 peers who any other contender for this accolade just didn't come close to facing in their careers.

The one they used this morning on the radio was Hamilton. Murray competing against who he has, and doing what he has, would be like putting Hamilton against Schumacher, Prost and Senna for his whole career. 

For me there's no argument. He's my favorite individual British sportsman of all time. You do well to convince me he's not also the best of all time. 

Not getting to go out on his own terms must be the hardest part.

Top Boi. 

2 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

The one they used this morning on the radio was Hamilton. Murray competing against who he has, and doing what he has, would be like putting Hamilton against Schumacher, Prost and Senna for his whole career. 

For me there's no argument. He's my favorite individual British sportsman of all time. You do well to convince me he's not also the best of all time. 

Not getting to go out on his own terms must be the hardest part.

Top Boi. 

That's exactly what I was thinking.