Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Whenever I watch Zverev on a bad day he looks very weak in the mentality department.

In a best of three match he can look mentally strong, but in best of five he can't keep it mentally together.  His collapse against Ernie Gulbis was utterly embarrassing.  I don't think he has that much game intelligence at all.  

Never really thought that Andy would play the Davis Cup tie, but he has confirmed now that he won't. This is from his Instagram.

I just wanted to write a quick message to apologise to the British davis cup team and all the fans who are coming to watch in Glasgow and support on tv. I have genuinely loved competing in this Davis cup format over the course of my career and have had some of the most memorable and special moments (the lob) of my career competing for my country. With this possibly being my last chance to compete in Scotland as a professional I really wanted to be there with team and found this decision emotionally quite challenging. I had spoken to our captain, Leon, about possibly coming to just play doubles but having been recommended to take a couple of weeks off hitting to continue my reconditioning I didn't want to just show up not ready to perform to a high enough standard and ultimately let my teammates/country down.
If I don't get the chance to compete in Scotland again I just want to say thank you so much to all the fans who have come along to watch and support the team over the years. You have created some incredible atmospheres for me and the team to play in and I will always remember that. Having been born in Glasgow and growing up in Scotland I would never have imagined I would see such passionate fans packing out stadiums for tennis matches. Playing with my Big Bro in those stadiums has been very very special.
Thank you so much again.. I'll miss you [emoji22][emoji112]
[emoji443] by yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes[emoji443]
#tennis

Federer was so lacklustre against Millman, he hit ten double faults. He is either out of practice, has an injury issue or it really is the beginning of the end of his remarkable career.

Although Millman was absolutely excellent, crushing shots all over the court. Very entertaining and well deserved.

Djokovic is very close to his peak level. He just returns every ball and Sousa was playing exceptional aggressive tennis. His three back hand winners to set up three match points were absolutely sublime.

It’s going to take an inspired performance to beat him.

Federer was so lacklustre against Millman, he hit ten double faults. He is either out of practice, has an injury issue or it really is the beginning of the end of his remarkable career.

Although Millman was absolutely excellent, crushing shots all over the court. Very entertaining and well deserved.

Djokovic is very close to his peak level. He just returns every ball and Sousa was playing exceptional aggressive tennis. His three back hand winners to set up three match points were absolutely sublime.

It’s going to take an inspired performance to beat him.
76 unforced errors by Federer, that's usually about 6 months worth.