Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

On 26/03/2011 at 07:28, RedWeb said:

Andy's response to the current crisis was to make his 25 year old best pal his new coach. Murray has already admitted that this bloke (Dani Valverdu ?) will have limited technical input and is really only there to keep him company. Expect more embarrassing results and feeble capitulations to unknown challenge tour players until further notice. Sad waste of a great talent.

On 06/09/2010 at 00:08, Mr. Brightside said:

We're running out of "next time"'s for Murray.

On 06/09/2010 at 02:15, xbl said:

He's a typical Scottish bottler, he'll never win a single title of any note, ever. Oh, and his career is over.

On 06/09/2010 at 09:26, Jimmy MCcabe said:

He has more injuries than Kieran Dyer and Darren Anderton combined. Wins the Micky Mouse tournaments when others are in second gear but fast turning into the Montgomery of tennis. Just as well he is about as likable as said golfer or we might even feel sorry for him.

On 06/09/2010 at 09:32, dubs said:

I'm coming round to the majority way of thinking to be honest, his post match comments and general attitude sum him up perfectly. He's too stubborn to change and as a result will never hit the heights his ability deserves. 

On 07/09/2010 at 15:23, H_B said:

The Colin Montgomerie comparisons aren't tired, or nonsense at all. They are very apt actually, in more ways than one. Neither is at all likeable, both are money making machines, and minor to mid level tournament winners, but the odds are neither of them will capture a big one, despite being in and around the top echelon for years.

He certainly isn't as good as a lot of people think he is.

This thread needed some dredged up point-and-laugh material at this point imo.

On 25/01/2010 at 09:45, Savage Henry said:

I fully expect Murray to bottle it again, thus cementing his place as the Colin Montgommerie of tennis. Would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

On 08/09/2009 at 22:16, glasnost said:

Let me repeat again - Andy Murray - Scotland's tennis equivalent of Colin Montgomerie.

On 31/01/2010 at 13:35, kirkyblue2 said:

I fear he may be the Monty of tennis.

On 31/01/2010 at 09:48, Scary Bear said:

True, and Federer does have to retire sometime. The trouble is other young things may come on the scene. Monty in the making.

On 13/09/2012 at 18:37, Fuctifano said:

I'm surprised someone hasn't gone through this thread, multiquoted all the "he'll never win a grand slam" "Colin Montgomerie of tennis" etc. quotes and then posted a picture of that fella from Masterchef.

Image result for gregg wallace png 

Nishikori papped off Cilic after being a set up. Didn't watch it but 6-3, 2-6, 3-6 seems a bit terrible given the circumstances. Cilic does seem to have the beating of him, though, particularly in bigger matches.

Was hoping he'd win and go into his match with Djokovic with plenty of confidence, but I actually think I want to see Andy play Novak in the final. If he can beat him it would be a massive psychological boost going into next year. It'd also be a big "f**k you" to the tossers claiming he's only number one and been winning what he has these past six months because of Djokovic's downturn and playing against poor opponents. Although that's already been rubbished this week after he's beaten the players ranked third, fifth and seventh in the world - and will more than likely beat the player ranked fourth for the sixth time this year tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Nishikori papped off Cilic after being a set up. Didn't watch it but 6-3, 2-6, 3-6 seems a bit terrible given the circumstances. Cilic does seem to have the beating of him, though, particularly in bigger matches.

Was hoping he'd win and go into his match with Djokovic with plenty of confidence

Didnt watch it either but not especially surprised he lost. Already through and playing Djokovic tomorrow who has had a day extra rest. I am surprised he tried enough to get a set to be honest. 

27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Didnt watch it either but not especially surprised he lost. Already through and playing Djokovic tomorrow who has had a day extra rest. I am surprised he tried enough to get a set to be honest. 

Aye, could have gone either way given it was effectively a dead rubber, but I was surprised to see how it finished after seeing he was a set up. He could have moved even closer to world number three for the first time as well. Cilic up to a career high of sixth now with that win.