Friday night Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a terrible game.

Lined up slightly differently to how most expected, with Watson and Kerr dropped, McCracken and Muirhead in and Vaulks moving in to midfield.

Totally bizarre substitutions from Houstie I thought. Miller has to play up front with either Baird or McHugh. At least when Alston came on, Sibbald was finally moved to the middle of the park.

Watched the 'highlights' back, McHugh really, really should score that chance. I suppose the consolation was that Queens were even worse than us going forward - though I thought Oliver looked a good player (likes a dive almost as much as wee Bairdy though). Nice touch from the Falkirk support to applaud Millar on. How has he been doing for Queens so far this season?

I thought the disallowed goal was a bit iffy, but like vs Dumbarton the ref blew long before the ball was actually put in the net. No real issue there and I thought despite the main stand linesman's incompetence, the ref did ok for long spells of the game. Certainly a breath of fresh air to the card happy clowns we've had lately.

Attendance: 3757 (182 away)

Fair play to all the Queens fans that traveled. At least you got some quality half time entertainment :lol:

It really, really doesn't. You can't "strive of" something.If you're going to make crappy wee crowd w**k digs, it's probably best to ensure that you can at least use your first language properly.

Wotever makes u happy Suzie

Quietest 150 or so queens fans I've seen in a long time, could've easily been the cardboard cut outs that St Johnstone had.

Before you get on ur high horse it's not a dig, seemed to be no encouragement to give ur players something to strive for, tho I think I'll struggle to attend a worserer game

Wotever makes u happy Suzie

Quietest 150 or so queens fans I've seen in a long time, could've easily been the cardboard cut outs that St Johnstone had.

Before you get on ur high horse it's not a dig, seemed to be no encouragement to give ur players something to strive for, tho I think I'll struggle to attend a worserer game

The players should be giving the fans something to shout about too. After the last few games it doesn't surprise me we were quiet.

Utterly terrible.

I still think that our inability to sign a goal scorer is going to be our downfall as I still think that our 'strikers' will struggle to get 10 between them (possibly pens aside).

Only positives were that Rogers looked sound and I felt that Muirhead and Taiwo did ok.

I 've watched it back though and can't see what's wrong at Grant's goal? Didn't see anything amiss at the time either and although the ref had blown a second or two before he put it in I don't think there's much doubt that he would have scored anyway!

Utterly terrible.

I still think that our inability to sign a goal scorer is going to be our downfall as I still think that our 'strikers' will struggle to get 10 between them (possibly pens aside).

Only positives were that Rogers looked sound and I felt that Muirhead and Taiwo did ok.

I 've watched it back though and can't see what's wrong at Grant's goal? Didn't see anything amiss at the time either and although the ref had blown a second or two before he put it in I don't think there's much doubt that he would have scored anyway!

I must admit that the fact the whistle went early has meant that the incident has not been treated as controversial.

There really didn't look to be much wrong with it though.

I must admit that the fact the whistle went early has meant that the incident has not been treated as controversial.

There really didn't look to be much wrong with it though.

Only thing I could see was that it may just have skiffed (bet you've not heard that word in a while) an arm but there was really no way that could be considered an infringement.

Two piss poor teams.

Two clueless managers.

Not a single football player anywhere on the park.

I think next year we should spend big, f*ck the debt, at least go out with a bit of style.

Be remembered for that decent team that went to the wall rather than watch this shite every week.

Have to agree mate

Both managers not a fucking clue

We signed a winger on loan from hibs who is playing out of position

He wont be out of position on sat he will be sat in the stand, Harris has had to fill in while Millar has been out injured while getting some needed match fitness game time.

Our wonderful manager has spunked 2 wages on kyle hutton and paul heffernen to stick them on bench instead of 2 promising youngsters in hooper and pickard.

Two piss poor teams.

Two clueless managers.

Not a single football player anywhere on the park.

I think next year we should spend big, f*ck the debt, at least go out with a bit of style.

Be remembered for that decent team that went to the wall rather than watch this shite every week.

Sibbald ?

Sibbald.

Occasionally, but certainly not on Friday.

At the risk of my fellow supporters kicking my erse, I think the laddie has started to tread water. He is young, but he has a lot of experience, and should be kicking on IMO. I've also got to ask myself if he is that good why is he still with us and not at Swansea? It's not as if the current board is hard to deal with.

Think I am depressed about the state of the whole game in Scotland tbh. Celtic are the best we have and they are rank rotten.

These guys we have playing for us, and I'm sure you can say the same about your team on Friday, are actually doing their job, they are going to their work, and we are going to watch them do it. In almost any other industry these guys would be in the office the next day getting a verbal or written warning for that effort, and it's happening much too often.

Getting to the Scottish Cup final last year looks good on paper, but we all know how we got there, and 2nd in the league at the moment is similar, it doesn't tell the whole story. We are a poor poor side, for whatever reason, let's not kid ourselves.

It could be that Housty's hands are tied by lack of ambition by the board, if that is the case how many managers would actually put up with that? Identifying players that he feels can do a job for him and the board wont support him, and if rumours are to be believed this has happened on several occasions. The board may feel that they should keep the money they have til next year as Rangers are walking the league, but they still take our entry fee so get a half decent team on the park.

I used to be a happy clappy :huh:

My main concern about us is that we are giving the ball away far too much. Possession should be more difficult to win off us than it is currently. Skware boz being intercepted in midfield and the long punt from the back line up to Lyle and Oliver are just asking for the ball to be turned over and used against us.

Thomson has a strong kick out from goal but all that happens is that he gives possession away time after time. Teams in the division know about Lyle's good spring and they way we have been using him in recent seasons to head on long punts from our keeper. We need to change that bit of the script.

I was disappointed that Lyle and Oliver didn't seem to have any more of an understanding than they did v Morton. I hope Russell is going to be fit for the Hibs game which Harris is going to sit out.

Archived