Friday night Falkirk v Queens

Works both ways but thanks for playing Suzie Dent or Stephen Fry....

It really, really doesn't. You can't "strive of" something.

If you're going to make crappy wee crowd w**k digs, it's probably best to ensure that you can at least use your first language properly.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're a pretty poor side I think. The evidence is starting to stack up.

We got those early league wins, but they were against what should be the weakest sides and I wouldn't be very confident against the same sides now.

In the Cups, we were bloody lucky at Annan, before surrendering lamely against sides we were favourites to beat at home. Since then, we've been poor - dreadful for spells - in each game.

Of the guys brought in, Marshall and Thompson have done well; the rest haven't.

To me, Fowler's increasingly looking good at inheriting something.

We got those early league wins, but they were against what should be the weakest sides and I wouldn't be very confident against the same sides now.

In the Cups, we were bloody lucky at Annan, before surrendering lamely against sides we were favourites to beat at home. Since then, we've been poor - dreadful for spells - in each game.

Thought Jacobs had a better game last night and Hilson looked good before getting crocked. Marshall looks outstanding and Brownlie has a player in him and had a good solid game last night. I think Conroy and Harris need a rest and Harris will get that next weekend when Hibs come to town.

Eta I say rest for Harris I mean just nowhere near the middle of midfield

The injuries to Russell, Hilson and Tapping haven't helped, but we are definitely in a bit of a slump.

No wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats in the last 6 games. Possibly made worse by the lack of goals. In those 6 games we have scored 3 - one being a consolation when we were already 5 down and one being an own goal.

We went up to frustrate them and did. Obviously we weren't much of a threat but after last few games I think it was more about tightening up at the back which we did. Would have snapped hands of for a point last night regardless they got beat 7-0 but it was a freak result, it's a notoriously difficult ground for us.

Thought most did there jobs. Dowie back to his best. Midfield maybe lacked a bit, but still think they stuck to task alright

I think we are about exactly where you'd expect us to be.

All the talk prior to the season starting was about lowered expectations and the likelihood of a fairly uninspiring season. It's a bit perverse to then bemoan it when it actually happens.

If last night was the outcome with every single player putting in their best performance then of course it would be extremely concerning. It wasn't the case at all though. Individual players have put in far better performances than some of them did last night. Resilient performances like last night though show that the individuals are capable of working as a collective as well which to me is a sign that the team is starting to "gel" (I hate that phrase but I can't think of a better one).

That to me, along with the clean sheet, is a pretty big positive to take from last night looking at the bigger picture.

We have a similar points total to this stage last season with our vastly inferior team, and I do believe we only managed 2 draws away to Falkirk last season as well.

We went up to frustrate them and did. Obviously we weren't much of a threat but after last few games I think it was more about tightening up at the back which we did. Would have snapped hands of for a point last night regardless they got beat 7-0 but it was a freak result, it's a notoriously difficult ground for us.

Thought most did there jobs. Dowie back to his best. Midfield maybe lacked a bit, but still think they stuck to task alright

I'm not suggesting that we should be expecting to win at Falkirk. On the face of it, a draw is indeed a decent result.

However, our failure to pose any real attacking threat at all, at any stage in the match is not acceptable. That's not something we should be ok with.

I'm not suggesting that we should be expecting to win at Falkirk. On the face of it, a draw is indeed a decent result. However, our failure to pose any real attacking threat at all, at any stage in the match is not acceptable. That's not something we should be ok with.

Reminded me of the St murn,Livingston and morton cup games .

I think we are about exactly where you'd expect us to be.

All the talk prior to the season starting was about lowered expectations and the likelihood of a fairly uninspiring season. It's a bit perverse to then bemoan it when it actually happens.

It wasn't all the talk, though. Some were saying we could finish 3rd because we have a stronger squad than last season.

I agree, though, that we are probably pretty much where I expected. The worrying thing is the pattern emerging of us being unable to score. At least last night we cut out the other part of throwing the ball into our own net.

Another positive is that the other teams don't look that much better. The St Mirren and Raith games would have been 0-0 as well had we not chucked goals at them.

It wasn't all the talk, though. Some were saying we could finish 3rd because we have a stronger squad than last season.

I agree, though, that we are probably pretty much where I expected. The worrying thing is the pattern emerging of us being unable to score. At least last night we cut out the other part of throwing the ball into our own net.

Another positive is that the other teams don't look that much better. The St Mirren and Raith games would have been 0-0 as well had we not chucked goals at them.

That's about right. In the last two, at least we've managed to not lose games in which there was little between the sides, a feat we couldn't pull off in the two before that, as well as the cup ties.

Unless we can start looking capable of winning matches however, we'll slide down the table.

Change the names and you could be talking about Falkirk

That's about right. In the last two, at least we've managed to not lose games in which there was little between the sides, a feat we couldn't pull off in the two before that, as well as the cup ties. Unless we can start looking capable of winning matches however, we'll slide down the table.

Indeed. The reality is that we could easily have lost again last night. McHugh really should have scored.It was our total inability to threaten or even keep possession that was really concerning. Decent point though it was, that shouldn`t mask what was a dire performance.

Indeed. The reality is that we could easily have lost again last night. McHugh really should have scored.It was our total inability to threaten or even keep possession that was really concerning. Decent point though it was, that shouldn`t mask what was a dire performance.

Passing was abysmal again. Oliver looks like a non scoring forward!

I was one of those who said 3rd was a possibility and I based that on the fact we have on paper two strong teams (Rangers and Hibs) and numerous teams who are much of a muchness. For us to get 3rd we would need to be the best of the rest again, just like we were last season.

Now so far we aren't, and don't really look like we will be either. Equally though we don't look that far behind the potential candidates who might be. That was the team in 2nd place we dealt with relatively comfortably last night.

I'm still happy to stand by my statement that we can finish anywhere between 3rd and 7th. From what I've seen so far it is more likely to be the latter rather than the former as there are too many things we aren't doing well enough - primarily creating chances and scoring goals. More likely is we'll be somewhere in the middle like the 5th place we currently occupy. If we climb a few places due to being "less bad" than a rival team then so be it.

Passing was abysmal again. Oliver looks like a non scoring forward!

Time to put Coogans or Smith up top with Oliver, Del needs a wee seat on the bench, we need to try and attack with pace. Get back to a back 4 and get beany on ibe side kidd in the other with millar and jacobs in centre.

I'm still happy to stand by my statement that we can finish anywhere between 3rd and 7th. From what I've seen so far it is more likely to be the latter rather than the former as there are too many things we aren't doing well enough - primarily creating chances and scoring goals. More likely is we'll be somewhere in the middle like the 5th place we currently occupy. If we climb a few places due to being "less bad" than a rival team then so be it.

What makes you feel that 7th is the worst it can get?

Archived