Friday night Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As everyone else has said, dreadful game in entertainment terms though I got some perverse pleasure in seeing us defend pretty solidly and not give away a silly goal for the first time in about four weeks. McHugh should have scored second half . Oliver should have gone himself when he tried to chest it into Lyle's path first half. Both clubs had one cross shot across the face of the North goal which nobody could get on the end of. That's about it. Deserved to be a goal-less draw and was.

Dowie was right back on form defensively for us and Marshall did well again. Thomson did the only thing of note he had to do well. Otherwise nothing to write home about. A point at Falkirk isn't a bad result but the game was abysmal. Both sides. Over our last 5 meetings the two clubs have largely cancelled each other out (three draws and a 1-0 win each) and this was the worst of those.

I understand that point. I was just intrigued by the phrase "strive of". Perhaps you meant "thrive on".

Works both ways but thanks for playing Suzie Dent or Stephen Fry....

We didn't want to win that game tonite, back four too flat, tends to happen when Muirhead is right back, tho Thot he had a decent game, Leahy was neither going forward or staying back but seemed to be caught out a Hell of a lot. The centre midfield was far too industrial with Vaulks and Taiwo, sibbs wasn't on a game and Smith took a shy in the first 45 and proceeded to fail for 35 mins and get sponsors MOM..! The subs were clearly play for a point, McHugh off, 3 mins later Baird with Miller who plays better with a striker next to him is on his own, whilst Smith survives even tho his body language towards the bench was take me off.

We need our full backs to push forward for us to gain any success or a set play, sibbs failed on number of set pieces, Smith only started to put decent balls in when it was Miller on his own.

Cooper must really have crossed the management, scoring for the development team, takes a decent set piece and can beat man to sit on the bench for us to fail with those skills...

I await Housties after match interview... I smell shite

We have nothing could have played all night and not scored.Only Kidd looked like he could do anything.Harris and Oliver worry me.Really thought we had 2 good signings.Harris looks lost you can see why Hibs let him go out on loan.Oliver just can,t hold the ball up have seen nothing from him to think he will get us goals.Far to many high balls tonight easy to defend.In saying that it is a good point but we have to show more going forward.

Harris is a winger being played out of position to accommodate 352 formation he like danny last year could suffer more than some, we should have signed a right back that would have solved one of our biggest problems we have plenty of attack minded players but they need

need a solid back 4 behind them.

Terrible game. This long ball up top to Oliver and lyld needs to stop get it to their feet. Who was the Falkirk fan that kept making noises like a molested seal every time one of our players had the ball? Thought Falkirk were there for the taking tonight but in truth 0-0 was a deserved result for both teams.Awful.

Works both ways but thanks for playing Suzie Dent or Stephen Fry....

We didn't want to win that game tonite, back four too flat, tends to happen when Muirhead is right back, tho Thot he had a decent game, Leahy was neither going forward or staying back but seemed to be caught out a Hell of a lot. The centre midfield was far too industrial with Vaulks and Taiwo, sibbs wasn't on a game and Smith took a shy in the first 45 and proceeded to fail for 35 mins and get sponsors MOM..! The subs were clearly play for a point, McHugh off, 3 mins later Baird with Miller who plays better with a striker next to him is on his own, whilst Smith survives even tho his body language towards the bench was take me off.

We need our full backs to push forward for us to gain any success or a set play, sibbs failed on number of set pieces, Smith only started to put decent balls in when it was Miller on his own.

Cooper must really have crossed the management, scoring for the development team, takes a decent set piece and can beat man to sit on the bench for us to fail with those skills...

I await Housties after match interview... I smell shite

I was astonished that having brought on Miller, Houston took Baird off almost immediately. It made it very easy to defend against Miller who isn`t going to run away from anybody. Bizarre decision.

Terrible game. This long ball up top to Oliver and lyld needs to stop get it to their feet. Who was the Falkirk fan that kept making noises like a molested seal every time one of our players had the ball? Thought Falkirk were there for the taking tonight but in truth 0-0 was a deserved result for both teams.Awful.

The "c**t" is deaf and dumb.

I was astonished that having brought on Miller, Houston took Baird off almost immediately. It made it very easy to defend against Miller who isn`t going to run away from anybody. Bizarre decision.

True. Was strange but to be fair baird was his usual rancid self.

http://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/seal-photobombs-penguins.jpg?w=800&h=584

Prior to the the County falkirk ganme id have taken a draw but really there is no better time to beat falkirk away from home this season.

Positives from tonight

1. It's Over

2. We didn't concede

3. Thomson Made a good save from the one shot on target.

4. John Baird was pish

5. We won't be on BBC Alba any time soon

Negatives

1. We never looked in any danger of scoring

2. We played two wingers in centre mid

3. Long ball football with a small strike force against a tall centre half

4. Central midfield being clogged with sheer ineptitude from both sides

5.The Continued existence of John Baird and Mark Kerr

6. Despite everything that wasn't the worst game this season (Livi in the cup)

7. The refusal to play just about anything out wide, even just the highlights against County would show that Falkirk can't handle crosses yet we forced it into the middle at every opportunity.

plus many more atrocities that I can't think atm

Guest Back Post Misses

There are two deaf and dumb lads who sit in the SS.

They usually wait till late on to vent their frustration however they started after about 10 minutes. Who could blame them?

Archived