saints v wigton

fce123

So apparently saints don't have any cutting edge, no midfield, and mis firing strikers, yet somehow dominate current champions wigton and beat them 7-3?

Can't lie... WIGTOWN were struggling to string two passes together, we were pish!!

Saints weren't special though and don't look like a team that should win the title...

As for the ref... Poor decisions are okay if they are consistent but that's not true for today...

Better side won but they should be better when they are giving their lads some 'incentives'

The only incentive at Saints is the chance to win the league for the first time since 1995. That alone will inspire the players. The manager has put a good team together for nothing.

It seems to be that everytime Saints have a decent run people want to go on about them paying this and that for players. Well, sorry to disappoint but that's not the case. Maybe in the past that's what happened but not now.

I remember not so long ago Wigtown offering money to players, although they didn't all get what they were promised because the returning hero couldn't put his money where his mouth was.

Newton Stewart have also splashed money recently, look at last season and the manager coming from Glasgow. He wasn't there for nothing. From what I've heard that nearly ruined the club.

Crichton and Creetown a few years back paid money to try and get success.

Enough of that money shit, it's another 3 points for Saints onwards and upwards.

Back to the Banjos in Wigtown tonight.

No one likes us we don't care!

The only incentive at Saints is the chance to win the league for the first time since 1995. That alone will inspire the players. The manager has put a good team together for nothing.

It seems to be that everytime Saints have a decent run people want to go on about them paying this and that for players. Well, sorry to disappoint but that's not the case. Maybe in the past that's what happened but not now.

I remember not so long ago Wigtown offering money to players, although they didn't all get what they were promised because the returning hero couldn't put his money where his mouth was.

Newton Stewart have also splashed money recently, look at last season and the manager coming from Glasgow. He wasn't there for nothing. From what I've heard that nearly ruined the club.

Enough of that money shit, it's another 3 points for Saints onwards and upwards.

Think Creetown were more than a few years ago...

Better team won and that's the fact of the matter...

If yous are giving the players cash then well done to yous, yous have to be doing something right if yous have that money

And the only reason I brought it up was that due to a couple of people saying 3 of the saints players get a bit of extra cash for playing for the club that's all... Before the finger is pointed at the Wigtown end they were either wearing blue or were people I know to have no allegiance to either club so take from it what you will...

Anyway... Onwards and upwards... Back at home next weekend and I for one can't wait...

Wigtown have never in my time on/off committee paid players so wisen up U fuckin clown. Saints aye deserve to be up there albeit they could Nae match our team o last season (12 gone) but we had we disnae deserve it and so on when Threave dalbt left league so credit were its due boys probaly pump them like we did easily.

Afraid you got it wrong about Newton Stewart. George Greirson only ever received travelling expences from Newton Stewart and to his credit only took the minimum. As for players Newton Stewart last paid anything other than travel expences back in the 1950s! They have in recent years lost players to South clubs who do pay but that is up to the particular club.As an aside the paying off players is usually a short term thing and harms clubs more than it helps them in the long run

Think god wasn't in Wigtown last night, he was in the pub drowning his sorrows at the fact his team got pumped by a Saints team that never got out of 2nd gear. Wisen up 'ya clown' your teams shite and get used to getting beat coz it'll be a pretty regular occurrence based on yesterday

Never got out of second gear pal...?? Wisen...!! We'd be lucky if we got out of first gear

Lets get things in perspective guys. It is only two weeks ago that Saints leaked 7 goals....5 before half time.

I think it premature to say Saints have turned the corner on the basis of one result against a team only a patch of the force they were last year.

Time will tell but those of us who have been watching are aware that the team is work in progress.

Never got into 1st gear, looked like they were playing with the handbrake on. The cash has maybe run out down in Wigtown but by the look of some of the players, pies are not so scarce.

Now your just starting to take the piss... Wouldn't have scored three if the handbrake was on!!

As for the cash - I know it ran out about 20 years ago because in my time at the club no player has been given anything other than their travel expenses and I'd say that the expenses aren't that great...

But it's your choice what you want to believe...

Lets get things in perspective guys. It is only two weeks ago that Saints leaked 7 goals....5 before half time.

I think it premature to say Saints have turned the corner on the basis of one result against a team only a patch of the force they were last year.

Time will tell but those of us who have been watching are aware that the team is work in progress.

Cove Rangers are miles better than any team in the south, there's a reason they're looking to go into the SPFL

Archived