One year ago today

Fide

Pleasing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-34289073

Bannockburn voted Britain's most decisive battle in BBC poll

"Robert's victory meant not just the continuation of the Scottish kingdom but that Scotland would develop separately from the rest of the island for the next 400 years,

Much as I love to vaunt Bannockburn this is just bollocks. Scotland didn't have a unified kingship until 1493 under James 4th.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. And Alex Salmond's faux outrage at it.

No it doesn't. And several Sheriff courts have been subject to closures and amalgamations, massively increasing worked, delays and reducing accessibility. Just look to Aberdeenshire and the Borders if you don't believe me.

It's the capital city, the most obvious target for a terrorist attack, and the next highest stop-and-search policing area in the UK.

What has an SNP MP got to do with this?

I work with Sheriff courts every day chummy. You're unsurprisingly over-egging the pudding.

Perhaps Police Scotland could spend a month or two liaising with the Met, just to make sure their searches are downgraded on a pro rata basis.

What has an SNP MP got to do with this?

On Question Time yesterday Alex Salmond criticised Jeremy Corbyn for not singing GSTQ.

I work with Sheriff courts every day chummy. You're unsurprisingly over-egging the pudding.

That will be why the PCSU and Law Society vociferously opposed 10 Sherriff Courts and 7 JPCs likewise.

Perhaps Police Scotland could spend a month or two liaising with the Met, just to make sure their searches are downgraded on a pro rata basis.

Perhaps they could put stop and search on a statutory footing, adopt policies that mean they don't do it as much, and stop treating Scots as presumptive criminals?

No you don't.

Yes. Yes I do.

On Question Time yesterday Alex Salmond criticised Jeremy Corbyn for not singing GSTQ.

That will be why the PCSU and Law Society vociferously opposed 10 Sherriff Courts and 7 JPCs likewise.

Perhaps they could put stop and search on a statutory footing, adopt policies that mean they don't do it as much, and stop treating Scots as presumptive criminals?

^^^ Willie Rennie, imo.

Then I honestly feel sorry for you. If you don't have a passion for anything, I'm surprised that you are in politics. Politicians need passion and belief to convince the voters and win elections.

I wouldn't worry.

Ad Lib doesn't believe in morals, so it's not surprising he's not a passionate man.

I wouldn't worry.

Ad Lib doesn't believe in morals, so it's not surprising he's not a passionate man.

I see, having been found to be talking w**k, you've unsurprisingly stopped engaging with the substance of the sherrif court closures.

Maybe we could go back to that...

I see, having been found to be talking w**k, you've unsurprisingly stopped engaging with the substance of the sherrif court closures.

Maybe we could go back to that...

If you wish. I had put forward my point of view, but if you wish to be your usual pernickity self, so be it.

Tell me why you think my assetion that Ad Lib is over egging the pudding is incorrect?

And to be "found to be talking w**k" by you generally means the opposite of that, so cheers.

1) Sheriff courts are shut while the council tax of people in mansions is frozen.

2) Sheriff courts are not shut.

3) And several Sheriff courts have been subject to closures and amalgamations, massively increasing worked, delays and reducing accessibility.

4) OK, sheriff courts are being shut and I was talking w**k, but some are still open.

That about cover it?

Of course you'll be able to point to where I said Sheriff Courts aren't shut?

Having previously also worked with English County Courts, including the Northampton CCBC, it is my assertion that Scotland is not any worse than England. If anything, Sheriff Courts are better. Many County Courts, specifically Manchester and London ones won't even answer calls.

Then I honestly feel sorry for you. If you don't have a passion for anything, I'm surprised that you are in politics. Politicians need passion and belief to convince the voters and win elections.

You can have a passion for things without passionately supporting anything. I have a passion for the Burger King Bacon Double Cheeseburger but I don't "passionately support" Burger King.

No. Neither the Yes nor the No campaigns perfectly or even moderately well encapsulated my principles. My principles are not a priori the possession of either side of this debate. Since the referendum, the associated bodies of the Yes movement have less and less well associated with my views and have in many respects become antagonistic to them.

Not enough lying for your liking?

Archived