One year ago today

Fide

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One year has passed and Confi and John Lambies Doos are still in the huff like teenagers. A few voices from SNP are starting to realise their campaign wasn't that good but most are still shouting it's the medias fault and some still believe the vote was rigged.

I think the next time indyref comes the SNP should try a positive campaign.

Yeah, nobody sensible thinks the vote was rigged. BetterTogether/No Thanks did a fine enough job on their own whispering to pensioners outside polling stations.

Bollox, the Scots based abroad in the armed forces and those living in the rest of the UK were denied a vote, luckily truth triumphed over lies and thesnp got spanked. I suspect if they ever get another referendum Wewstminster will make sure all scots get a vote, and the margin of the humping will rise from 62% to 80 or 90%.

You're SO stupid it's actually painful to watch.

it was because of the vow and Gordon brown and hitler

What you're forgetting, brainiac, is that there was some 400,00 of a difference between Yes and Shiter.

So Project Fear need only to have been effective on 200,000 people. Give or take.

Not sure why having concerns over currency and the economy is 'shitebaggery'.

I think about a third of voters are firm yes, a third a firm no and the other third were there to be convinced. The Yes campaign didn't do enough to convince them, spent too much time fearmongering over the NHS, and not enough time reassuring voters they had a currency plan B.

I think about a third of voters are firm yes, a third a firm no and the other third were there to be convinced. The Yes campaign didn't do enough to convince them, spent too much time fearmongering over the NHS, and not enough time reassuring voters they had a currency plan B.

:lol:

Sit down, son.

It's incredible how many "proud Scots" think their own country, uniquely amongst countries throughout the world, simply is too wee, too poor and too stupid to run it's own affairs.

Can you quote any posts where someone voting no said that?

How many No voters voted No due to "concerns about currency", "concerns about jobs", "concerns about pensions", etc, etc.

Every single person who had or has concerns about an iScotland achieving anything on it's own is of the belief that Scotland is the only county out of 200 + independent countries that is either too wee, too small or too stupid.

That is an unarguable fact.

How many No voters voted No due to "concerns about currency", "concerns about jobs", "concerns about pensions", etc, etc.

Every single person who had or has concerns about an iScotland achieving anything on it's own is of the belief that Scotland is the only county out of 200 + independent countries that is either too wee, too small or too stupid.

^This.

No voters were either staunch unionists or shitebags

Except being concerned that things will be worse than they currently are is not the same as thinking Scotland is unable to survive independently.

If the yes campaign had spent more time coming up with answers to these concerns rather than dismissing those with valid worries as believing Scotland is 'too wee, too poor' they may have done better. I doubt they will make this mistake again if they ever get another chance.

Except being concerned that things will be worse than they currently are is not the same as thinking Scotland is unable to survive independently.

If the yes campaign had spent more time coming up with answers to these concerns rather than dismissing those with valid worries as believing Scotland is 'too wee, too poor' they may have done better. I doubt they will make this mistake again if they ever get another chance.

I genuinely think, overall, Yes overcame any "concerns".

Some people, sadly, had their heels dug in with how incapable they thought Scotland was.

Anyway, it's a moot point, cos look how super fun time happy the UK is now! Woop!

The fact that some people who call themselves Scottish did not have belief that their country could run their own affairs is shameful

Can you imagine if you said to your son/ daughter before the 3 legged race at the school sports day "You might as well not bother. I don't have any faith in you. You won't win. Every other boy or girl here might, but YOU won't".

That, chums, is essentially what a "concerns about...." No voter feels about Scotland.

Can you imagine if you said to your son/ daughter before the 3 legged race at the school sports day "You might as well not bother. I don't have any faith in you. You won't win. Every other boy or girl here might, but YOU won't".

That, chums, is essentially what a "concerns about...." No voter feels about Scotland.

not this tedious pish again. The yes side were at it too,the NHS was going to die if we voted no. It's still here, and according to you, doing brilliantly because of the SNP.

not this tedious pish again. The yes side were at it too,the NHS was going to die if we voted no. It's still here, and according to you, doing brilliantly because of the SNP.

Of course you'll be able to point to Yes/ SNP saying the NHS was "going to die".

What Yes warned against was TTIP, and the creeping privatisation of the NHS.

You know how Slab told us that the NHS was safe last September?

This is their Twitter feed YESTERDAY:

d4349101616ff00bf2b037c627b6d2a6_normal. Scottish Labour Sep 20
Today, @kdugdalemsp signed up to @unitetheunion's campaign, as part of our pledge to protect the NHS from TTIP pic.twitter.com/rtqU3poSvY

Archived