One year ago today

Fide

Concerns that you didn't have or agree with, doesn't mean that someone is a shitebag or less of a Scot because of it. As has been pointed out, how about the 15% of those granted a say who didn't give a f*ck either way. Probably did more damage to the Yes vote, save it for them eh?

I was merely pointing out that, in my opinion, currency was a weak go-to excuse for those looking to defend themselves against accusations of not being a proud Scot.

Must mean it will be the same here then. When did the SNP stop using Ireland as an example of a happy and prosperous small nation?

When did the SNP start doing that?

Why are you telling me this?

Did I say that we would be the same as Panama?

Please try to wrap your head around things.

I was CLEARLY giving Panama as an example of a country that has happy citizens, whose currency is tied to another.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we can use whatever currency we like. Having our interest rate set in a different country is the issue.

Of course if you look at the correlation between the BOE interest rates and real interest rates you will see how much impact the rate "set" by the BOE has. Amigo loans anyone (49.9%), or how about Barclays Savings (0%) or Tesco Junior ISA (3%). My own mortgage is currently partly at 1.39% and also 3.79%. All of this whilst the official interest rate is 0.5%

Not really got much memories of the day tbh. Went to my polling station, voted No, came home and waited to see which way we'd end up going. Wasn't a decision that was going to have me absolutely raging.

Had to keep of social media though, most of the people on my Facebook & Twitter who voted Yes were the "seen Braveheart too many times" types

Not sure if we should have another Indyref so soon after the one last year. Give it a couple more years to see if more people regret or stand by their decisions, more so in the No camp than the Yes

Not really got much memories of the day tbh. Went to my polling station, voted No, came home and waited to see which way we'd end up going. Wasn't a decision that was going to have me absolutely raging.

Had to keep of social media though, most of the people on my Facebook & Twitter who voted Yes were the "seen Braveheart too many times" types

Not sure if we should have another Indyref so soon after the one last year. Give it a couple more years to see if more people regret or stand by their decisions, more so in the No camp than the Yes

I'd give it ten years at least before we go at this again.

Must mean it will be the same here then. When did the SNP stop using Ireland as an example of a happy and prosperous small nation?

It is. Higher GDP than UK, just been voted best small country to do business, rates higher than the UK in employee satisfaction. About to reduce taxes, increase paternity leave and free childcare in upcoming Oct budget. Oh and they have no oil.

Yes... Ireland is doing very well... not many food banks either.

But heh... ure British.. rule the world etc.

Wake up man... the empire is over.

You will find people are more inclined to answer questions you put to them when you have the courtesy to answer theirs.

Of course courtesy is something you lack so I don't know why I am surprised.

Chortle.

I'm actually thinking early 2022. The torys will get back in in 2020, SNP back in in 2021 with referendum on manifesto. Vote early 2022.

Only 6.5yrs.

I reckon by 2022, we should have a core of 65% Yes in Scotland.

Could be more, depending on how damaging the Tories are in their ideologies.

I think we all know we are heading for another referendum, which is good imo as it will keep a level of engagement. The engagement is the best byproduct of indyref. Also the fact the "too wee, too poor" nonsense was comprehensively dispelled.

Renton mentioned long running engagement with the public, I'd like to see the SNP have something like this in the upcoming manefesto. It's the best way forward.

I've got a Scottish Green standing this time so will most likely vote for them. I know a lot of people will give Green their list vote if they can but if more people voted Green and put SNP as list would that make the Independence platform stronger? SNP will still be the majority government with their opposition being pro Indy.

Aye still seething

Go out lads , enjoy life , take a stroll/trip in the countryside , and head out to the town every now and then have a drink , have a laugh , maybe even get talking to some lady folk maybe even take a holiday . Just do us all a favour and cheer yourselves up and get on with your life's

Aye still seething Go out lads , enjoy life , take a stroll/trip in the countryside , and head out to the town every now and then have a drink , have a laugh , maybe even get talking to some lady folk maybe even take a holiday . Just do us all a favour and cheer yourselves up and get on with your life's

^^^ raging that we're not meekly going back in our box.

Archived