PES2016

djchapsticks

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm your typical "loved PES in the early 2000s, drifted away from it", think the last one I got was 2012 or 13. Bought this on Sunday (PS4), reasonably impressed. I've only been playing offline and my games haven't been quite as farcically high-scoring as the other boy but I'm getting a lot of goals for and against, indeed playing in the master league I don't know what it is but I seem to lose an insane amount of goals in the first 5-10 minutes before (normally) coming back to win. I've also scored direct from a corner in my second ever game. I'm top of the league after 10 games but have the most goals conceded, better than endless 0-0s I suppose.

Main gripe is still the things that have been going on for years -players stumbling after a tackle, sometimes backwards like they've been smacked in the jaw, and totally uncontrollable for a couple of seconds, slow to react to loose balls, and having to use "super cancel" too often as players meander after the ball at their own pace.

Agree about the lack of fouls, must have played about 20 games so far between my ML file and exhibitions and neither I nor the AI have had a penalty awarded, nor a free kick within reasonable shooting distance. Don't want it to be totally stop start but I think it's too much the other way. Overall it's pretty good though-I'd say it's a 7/10, a Scottish option file will bump it to 8 for me.

Didn't get last year's FIFA so will be interesting to compare.

Im looking to get myself PES, will probably only play offline master league.

My question is, is it worth splashing out for PES 2016 or is PES 2015 just as good, obvs not bothered about the squads and strips being bang up to date or anything just want the more enjoyable match experience.

It will be on PS3.

Overall what is the online like, do you get different game types and is there anything like seasons on Fifa?

The last two Pro Evo games I properly played were 2014 and 2008 and I thought the online was quite poor on both. I thought the game play on 2014 was decent but I get a bit bored playing against the computer all the time so I end up spending most of my time playing online.

Are the servers decent? Doesn't sound too great going by the last few posts.

Methinks Pars fan is talking mince to he quite honest, or playing on beginner or something.

The goalkeepers are an issue online but I'd put it down to the default difficulty setting of the AI keepers online - if they ramp it up it to superstar or top level or whatever it will be fine.

I'm tempted to buy a PS4 purely for the editing in this game. It's tremendous.

I'm not, mate. PES is the only game I play and you can put me down as a veteran, don't get me wrong, the game is quality but the goals are flying in from all angles. I'm hopeful that they sort it out though but at the moment you can score from anywhere as the goalies are an open window. I only play online so it's not on regular ( might be preset to beginner right enough, as someone mentioned earlier )

What console are you playing on?

What level and time to people play on? I played on world class. Played 2 games last night. Blackburn (me) v Burnley (complete with kits and badges may I add! ;) ) lost 4-2. Then played as Arsenal against olympiacos. I won 5-1. First match was 8 mins, second was 10 mins.

I went on PESworld and downloaded them to a usb from there you shove them into the usb port of the ps4 , go to edit of pes , import and youll see the kits. Ill try to find a better link that describes how to do it.

http://www.pesworld.co.uk/p/pes-2014-files.html

http://www.videogamer.com/features/game_guide/pes_2016_guide_how_to_add_official_licensed_premier_league_kits_and_team_badges_to_the_game.html

Check out the Readme file with the Pesword kits download as well. It gives you the collar and colour formulas to match up to the kit images.

I spent a couple of hours last night adding in the Competition logos, then was doing all the Premier League kits, got about half way through and PES crashed and none of it saved. Think I'll wait until there's an option file with everything already done available somewhere. Really not got into the game yet, found the reviews saying "best football game ever" a bit strange as I don't think it's that much better than last years.

Also, there not being up to date squads has put me right off even starting a Master League yet. Bit of a sham to release the new season's football game with last season's teams. I can only imagine the outrage if FIFA came out with last seasons squads.

To elaborate, I'm conceding an average of about 5 goals a game, opposition players seem to love catching me out with through balls and seem to run past me with complete ease. It's really galling as I didn't have this issue quite so badly in PES15.

My player rating is down at 334 which is utterly pathetic.

i cant say ive tried online yet, online doesnt really interest me much which is the main reason I have defected after buying Fifa for the last 8-9 years without ever touching PES ( i did borrow PES 10 and 12 off a friend but both were very very poor imo) Fifas offline modes are pish poor ( futdraft is a good idea though)

Me and my mate played a few old school games 1v1 in the actual house today. Was good fun. Highest scoring game was only 4-0 which happened twice against me, but I think we won about 3 matches each. I won 2-0 and 2-1 and his other win was 2-1. Hardly the 7-8 score lines people were going on about. We were playing on top player.

Me and my mate played a few old school games 1v1 in the actual house today. Was good fun. Highest scoring game was only 4-0 which happened twice against me, but I think we won about 3 matches each. I won 2-0 and 2-1 and his other win was 2-1. Hardly the 7-8 score lines people were going on about. We were playing on top player.

I've played my mate 4 times in exhibition online matches and each one has finished 2-1 and been excellent fun. The keepers and defensive AI are markedly better than in MyClub...I haven't actually played in the online leagues yet (that aren't my club) so can't comment on them, but the results I've been getting today are ludicrous. I've yet to play a game and keep a clean sheet on MyClub and I checked my stats earlier and am conceding and average of 3.6 goals a game.

It's really, really odd. I thought it was something I was doing wrong but I see other folk going on about ludicrous scores on here and hope it's not just my own personal 'I've suddenly became horrendous at this game' issue.

I've played my mate 4 times in exhibition online matches and each one has finished 2-1 and been excellent fun. The keepers and defensive AI are markedly better than in MyClub...I haven't actually played in the online leagues yet (that aren't my club) so can't comment on them, but the results I've been getting today are ludicrous. I've yet to play a game and keep a clean sheet on MyClub and I checked my stats earlier and am conceding and average of 3.6 goals a game.

It's really, really odd. I thought it was something I was doing wrong but I see other folk going on about ludicrous scores on here and hope it's not just my own personal 'I've suddenly became horrendous at this game' issue.

@Nitti74 online keepers being looked at

2:00 PM - 22 Sep 2015 · Details

Seems you guys aren't the only ones.

Just played and online seasons match and felt a lot happier with that mode. Went Marseille and beat Real Madrid 3-2 but was in control of my defence for the majority of the match. Think he got one chipped through ball past me in the entire match, which he fluffed and my keeper had a decent game in comparison to what's been happening in MyClub.

Archived