Mates Holding You Back?

BigMac29

It's fine. Just wait until the school lunchtime is over and then you can go to the shop guilt free.

That said, you'd miss out on that hard-man feeling when you push through a queue of school kids at a shop with a 'no more than two school pupils at a time' policy, saying "wha's in cherge here?" to firmly assert priority.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that's EXACTLY what I said. :blink:

In fairness I have my own family so I shouldn't really look down on people whose only idea of a social life is to get pissed and try to pick up (and usually fail) a girl.

I shouldn't.

But I find myself doing so.

It's simply too hilarious to read all the pathetic online mewlings about "the importance of mates" when really you only hang out with them until you find a nice girl at which point you immediately and ruthlessly dump all those "very very very very good facebook friends". Just as the original poster experienced.

My generation calls that "using the f**k out of people".

You call them "friends".

Potato potahto.

What in the name of f**k is this

I don't really like other people except the ones that I've spent years vetting.

I've gone to the football on my own but there is no hope in hell I'd use it to try to make friends with someone, that's how you end up as a head in someone's freezer or you have to nod and smile at some pish holiday story, (equally painful).

Also. People who go clubbing on their own are sociopaths.

I've been to the pub on my own loads of times, also restaurants the odd time, fitba plenty of times and the cinema once.

Unless you're going for food / the pub before or after, I really don't see the point in going to the cinema as a social event. Sit down, shut up, sit in the dark for two hours. Indeed a great place for it.

Unless you're going for food / the pub before or after, I really don't see the point in going to the cinema as a social event. Sit down, shut up, sit in the dark for two hours. Indeed a great place for it.

Clearly you're not into sex, so let me explain: You go to the cinema with another person in order to feel them up in the dark whilst surrounded by strangers.

There was a similar guy who used to go (he may still go for all I know) to Parkers nightclub in Kilmarnock. He always wore a black leather jacket and would spend the entirety of the evening standing on the periphery of the dancefloor watching females.

He was known simply as "Sinister".

Parkers has been shut for years so if he's still in there, in the dark on his own, he really is a sinister character! It did reopen as The Cell as a club/venue for a while in 2009 but it's shut again. The past couple of years it's been done up and had new signage for a new name up, but nothing seems to have happened.

As for this, I don't think there's much of a problem going out for one or two pints maximum on your own, but unless you're going to meet someone in a nightclub going to one on your own is a bit weird.

To be fair if he's in his twenties or even early 30s, it's perfectly reasonable to not want to settle down

Of course it's reasonable for him not to want to settle down, in the same way it's also reasonable for him to expect that grown ups quite often do settle down in their 20s and 30s.

Parkers has been shut for years so if he's still in there, in the dark on his own, he really is a sinister character! It did reopen as The Cell as a club/venue for a while in 2009 but it's shut again. The past couple of years it's been done up and had new signage for a new name up, but nothing seems to have happened.

As for this, I don't think there's much of a problem going out for one or two pints maximum on your own, but unless you're going to meet someone in a nightclub going to one on your own is a bit weird.

:lol:

Shows the last time I was out in Killie!

:lol:

Shows the last time I was out in Killie!

You're not missing too much. Last Saturday was my first foray into one of the town's largest clubs for about the first time in about 4 months due to me recently becoming single again and I found I hadn't missed it that much at all. Still, I know I'll probably end up back there on Saturday night as I'll be after a drink with the guys after my work's finished.

You're not missing too much. Last Saturday was my first foray into one of the town's largest clubs for about the first time in about 4 months due to me recently becoming single again and I found I hadn't missed it that much at all. Still, I know I'll probably end up back there on Saturday night as I'll be after a drink with the guys after my work's finished.

Sounds as great a night out as it always was. :lol:

Suppose you're going to tell me Expo is shut as well?

Archived