Mates Holding You Back?

BigMac29

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to finish work about 1030 when all the pubs closed at 11, so got into the habit of going to clubs for a late pint. Probably wouldn't bother now that there's usually a pub open late.

Would rather go home tbh but it's a good thing really if you're happy doing that.

Yes that's EXACTLY what I said. :blink:

In fairness I have my own family so I shouldn't really look down on people whose only idea of a social life is to get pissed and try to pick up (and usually fail) a girl.

I shouldn't.

But I find myself doing so.

It's simply too hilarious to read all the pathetic online mewlings about "the importance of mates" when really you only hang out with them until you find a nice girl at which point you immediately and ruthlessly dump all those "very very very very good facebook friends". Just as the original poster experienced.

My generation calls that "using the f**k out of people".

You call them "friends".

Potato potahto.

^^^ Why you don't have any mates/

Never really went clubbing on my own but I've been drunk in many bars on my own before. I blame the navy tbh. Starts off with getting drunk on the train to Pompey or Guzz or even on the way home and then going into the first bar you come across with all your bags and getting pished and usually when in those places you're on a training course so that always leads to a few on your own if your course mates are knobbers. Even when in a port alongside wherever it is and you've been duty so when you get secured for the day you just get your civvies on and get drunk ashore somewhere whilst every other fucker is working. As long as you've got the gift of the gab then drinking on your own isn't a problem. Grow some balls and talk to people.

I miss the navy.

post-30743-14424867881811_thumb.jpg

I've went to pubs and restaurants on my own when I've been travelling with work, take a magazine in to have a flick through and I soon stop caring.

I'd probably not go to the pub on my own ordinarily, I'd just sit in the house with a few bottles of beer, scud the Playstation and w**k myself into oblivion instead, things I don't often get a chance to do.

I go to the football and ice hockey on my own, will ask about but if nobody is into it will just go on my own. Trying to convince one of your mates to go to a juniors match isn't often easy.

A boy I used to live with in halls goes to clubs by himself all the time. If the place said that doors were open from 10pm he was there for 10.05. Even if he was in the pub/in the flat with all of us having a few drinks before heading out he would leave early. He got absolutely seething once because we all stayed in the flat til about half 12/1am before heading out. Very strange behaviour.

I'd maybe go to the pub on my own for a few pints if I had a bit of time to kill before meeting someone or waiting for a train. Don't think I'd do it just for the sake of having a pint.

I sit at the football myself sometimes if the boy I normally go with can't make it. I know plenty people who I'll happily sit in the pub with before the game but I've sat in the same seat for years and don't fancy moving.

^^

Goes about things the wrong way

Yeah but he's human and he needs to be loved.

I love the idea of going on holiday on my own, doing some sightseeing and generally enjoying the peace. I don't think I'd last a full week but a couple of days would be magic.

I realise this is veering O/T but I'd love to spend a couple of weeks on my own somewhere really secluded like Patagonia or Tierra Del Fuego. Somewhere with huge horizons and clean air. Sounds splendid to me.

I go out regularly on my own and talk to other guys, I meet them in bars and we go dancing. Even had guys I have met back at mine for a few after party drinks. This one time I had 3 guys back at the same time and the mess in the morning was unreal but worth it. So going out yourself is ok as you get to meet other men. I like meeting men. Sometimes we make an arse of it but it beats having to find friends

I go out regularly on my own and talk to other guys, I meet them in bars and we go dancing. Even had guys I have met back at mine for a few after party drinks. This one time I had 3 guys back at the same time and the mess in the morning was unreal but worth it. So going out yourself is ok as you get to meet other men. I like meeting men. Sometimes we make an arse of it but it beats having to find friends

goldman-according-to-the-options-market-

Why would you go out on your own? That sounds fucking dreadful, you'd look like a total weirdo.

There's a guy who hangs out by himself every night of the week at Exodus (nightclub) in Aberdeen. Known universally as 'Dave in the Corner', he simply stands in the corner of the bar and watches the world go by until 2-3am. The place was recently closed for refurbishment and after he was absent for the first few nights after reopening, the urban myth went around that he'd committed suicide. Bar staff were even talking about getting a plaque in his memory until he returned 'from holiday'.

Eta: This'll have been going on at least a decade now.

There's a guy who hangs out by himself every night of the week at Exodus (nightclub) in Aberdeen. Known universally as 'Dave in the Corner', he simply stands in the corner of the bar and watches the world go by until 2-3am. The place was recently closed for refurbishment and after he was absent for the first few nights after reopening, the urban myth went around that he'd committed suicide. Bar staff were even talking about getting a plaque in his memory until he returned 'from holiday'.

Eta: This'll have been going on at least a decade now.

There was a similar guy who used to go (he may still go for all I know) to Parkers nightclub in Kilmarnock. He always wore a black leather jacket and would spend the entirety of the evening standing on the periphery of the dancefloor watching females.

He was known simply as "Sinister".

Stuck in the house with no milk because none of my so called mates will come down to the corner shop with me, and I don't want to look like a paedo.

It's fine. Just wait until the school lunchtime is over and then you can go to the shop guilt free.

:lol:

been to pub myself (football, avoiding another fecking clothes shop, early for train)

been to cinema myself (she had mates coming at last minute, new bond film was out...)

been to the football by myself (distinct lack of edinburgh based caley fans that i knew)

i have only ever been in a club myself once and that was for about ten mins and due to a silly mistake (2 subways in edinburgh at the time, 2!!)

Archived