East Fife v Clyde

Wee bit unfair , Except 5mins before you scored we were camped in your half both 1st and 2nd halfs. Bolos header. Smith off bar and easily double number o chances either that didnt fall our way, Desperate challenges from your defenders and several in 2nd half notiably gormley and ferguson missing the best again all from open play.....

Will admit your team defended very well in the air and every man threw themself into a tackle when required with many luck o the breaks..

Not joking we could have been 4or5-1 up in 1st half and wee bit like annan last week never took our chances when that 4-2 game could have been many more aswell...

Perhaps time to give Campbell a chance as the No9 & put wee fergie or someone else on right wing...

Very Very frustrating afternoon & big marsh must be wondering how he never put the header away at 1-0 from 5 yards out.

Your support for your side is admirable but try it without the Clyde-Tinted specs!!!

As Fifer67 says ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34230601

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be fair king kebab very few of us don't watch the game from our own teams point of view

at the end of the day you scored we didn't wasn't there but sounds a reasonably good game and most of the Clyde boys are pretty pleased with our performance the league is so tight a run of games for any team will take then to the top bragging rights to the residents of Methil mind you not much else to brag about up that way :)

Fair shout!!!

I'm not saying you didn't play well and I'm not saying it wasn't a hard fought victory but what I am saying is it wasn't as one sided as some of your fellow fans are trying to make out, as if some kind of daring daylight robbery has been committed against them!!!

But I can take solace from another quote from the same BBC page!!!

The hosts continued to be the better side but could not add to their advantage.

;)

It's been said umpteen times on here before and SSB said it at the game: 9 times out of 10 scoring the first goal is enough to win the game in this league, and had we taken one of our chances early on today it would've been a different story.

I thought East Fife dealt with us really well though. Their keeper was very confident to come off his line at corners/crosses into the box so our height advantage didn't really work for us today.

We struggled in the 2nd half I thought, although you cant really expect us to maintain the same tempo that we start off with. Ferguson missed an absolute sitter at the death (I mistakenly thought it had been called offside).

Finally, how fucking hard is it to successfully operate a League 2 match with 600 people at it? The away turnstiles were closed when I walked up to the ground at about 3 minutes until kick off, got told to go to the main reception and would be let in, got told by the woman there to go to in via the home gate and a steward would take me to the away end, the steward at the home end told me I couldn't get in that way and would need to ask a steward at the away end to open the gate. A shambles. Ended up missing the first 5 minutes. The steward was also a cheeky b*****d when we told him how ridiculous it was.

In fairness, if I wanted an accurate lower league match report the BBC is probably the last place I'd look :lol:

Pretty disappointing result, but we're still only a point off the top at this stage so it's not the end of the world. From the sounds of it our only pressing issue is the lack of a decent striker. But we haven't had one of those for about a decade now, so I won't lose any sleep over it

Last season we took 10 points from 12 against East Fife and even then their point was a last minute equaliser. Today we played better than in any of those matches and end up getting defeated. As always, first goal does the job in this division and once East Fife got it we were always going to struggle to get more than a point. Disappointed we got off to such a slow start as that's been our strength so far; main problem was that Linton simply didn't get started for half an hour.

Not really sure what I'd highlight as the main problem today; everyone now realises that our strikers are not goalscorers (something which was obvious in June), a couple of others (Marsh, McLaughlin, Linton) had poor games. Still created enough chances, in open play and at set pieces, to have taken a point though. It's obvious we're getting better game by game though and I still think we'll not hit our peak until later October. The fact no-one has got off to a flying start is a good sign for me.

East Fife, as my pre-season tips for the title, were poorer than I thought they'd be but I doubt they particularly care given they'd lost the previous couple of matches. They were absolutely all over the place at set pieces but Page in particular defended well in open play. Really surprised that they sat so deep second half as they're a team who should be better going forward than defending.

Regarding statistics; they are notoriously poorly compiled for this division and you're clutching at straws using them to aid any argument. And saying there were 8 shots on target each means absolutely nothing either; could be 8 tap-ins versus 8 punts from 40 yards. East Fife clearly rode their luck a bit today and Clyde clearly had more attacking pressure throughout the game. East Fife scored a goal, Clyde could still be playing now and they wouldn't have netted.

For me the best thing is going to a game and being genuinely competitive. Never thought I'd see the day again when a Clyde team would lose a normal league game and get roundly clapped off the pitch. Gone are the days when teams just strolled through the centre of our midfield, where we'd have one effort on goal in 90 minutes. Wish we were playing again in midweek.

For me the best thing is going to a game and being genuinely competitive. Never thought I'd see the day again when a Clyde team would lose a normal league game and get roundly clapped off the pitch. Gone are the days when teams just strolled through the centre of our midfield, where we'd have one effort on goal in 90 minutes. Wish we were playing again in midweek.

Agreed David. For me, I'm actually enjoying watching us again. We're creating chances, competing well and even when loosing games, we're not far away and that, at least, is pleasing for me.

Heard some shouts of "Back to square one Ferguson" today. Absolute nonsense.

Last season we took 10 points from 12 against East Fife and even then their point was a last minute equaliser. Today we played better than in any of those matches and end up getting defeated. As always, first goal does the job in this division and once East Fife got it we were always going to struggle to get more than a point. Disappointed we got off to such a slow start as that's been our strength so far; main problem was that Linton simply didn't get started for half an hour.

Not really sure what I'd highlight as the main problem today; everyone now realises that our strikers are not goalscorers (something which was obvious in June), a couple of others (Marsh, McLaughlin, Linton) had poor games. Still created enough chances, in open play and at set pieces, to have taken a point though. It's obvious we're getting better game by game though and I still think we'll not hit our peak until later October. The fact no-one has got off to a flying start is a good sign for me.

East Fife, as my pre-season tips for the title, were poorer than I thought they'd be but I doubt they particularly care given they'd lost the previous couple of matches. They were absolutely all over the place at set pieces but Page in particular defended well in open play. Really surprised that they sat so deep second half as they're a team who should be better going forward than defending.

Regarding statistics; they are notoriously poorly compiled for this division and you're clutching at straws using them to aid any argument. And saying there were 8 shots on target each means absolutely nothing either; could be 8 tap-ins versus 8 punts from 40 yards. East Fife clearly rode their luck a bit today and Clyde clearly had more attacking pressure throughout the game. East Fife scored a goal, Clyde could still be playing now and they wouldn't have netted.

Good post again. Players deserved their clap off at the end from another good away support.. One o those games, Weve had our luck plenty o times today fife had theirs and no complaints, Just sheer frustration

to be fair king kebab very few of us don't watch the game from our own teams point of view

at the end of the day you scored we didn't wasn't there but sounds a reasonably good game and most of the Clyde boys are pretty pleased with our performance the league is so tight a run of games for any team will take then to the top bragging rights to the residents of Methil mind you not much else to brag about up that way :)

Don't you just wish you had a permanent home ground and town which the rest of the league could slag off ?

The disapointment of the result aside, the approach to the game, manner of our play and players not letting their heads drop when not going well will always be able to rely on the support they received today. On performance, very few got pass marks....our early season standouts did their basics, the others just weren't on their a-game. The effort and refusal to give up is very encouraging, but the man at the helm needs to do some tinkering (no pun intended, Fifers) particularly on the frontline. The changes today came far too late......Fife didn't really have to hang on anywhere nearly as bad as they might have been made to. Going 4-3-3 isn't really working, Higgins through the centre alone and Gormley wide aren't difficult to deal with, and the balance in midfield isn't getting anyone's best game. For me, restoring Fergie to the right, going with McGovern plus one in the centre, Campbell either on the left or at nine in Gormley's absence, with Higgins in support offers more scope for getting the best out of more than one at any given time. The options are there to be utilised.

We'll win at a canter.

Can't see anything but a Clyde win, who are east fife ?

Fancy Clyde to sneak it nine-nil.

East Fife are a busted flush already. Easy Clyde win.

Lol! biggest team in the league by a mile, and it's every diddy team's cup final when they play us.

Kevin says "Ssssshhhhhhh"

phoca_thumb_l_Falkirk%20v%20East%20Fife%

I don't think there's anywhere within a 50 mile radius of Clyde's origin which is half as grim as Methil, truthfully. Felt like I'd travelled back in time on my first visit there.

You have an advantage in that we are East Fife from Methil. You are Clyde from somewhere near Cumbernauld. Should I criticise Cumbernauld because of a wandering football club ?

Archived