'Buckled lefties'

DA Baracus

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in case you're all missing the mad old right wing fucker, here are some recent tweets:

uQXUZf0h_normal.jpg Reynard the fox 16h
15 hours I've been working today. f**k sake

View details ·

uQXUZf0h_normal.jpg Reynard the fox 20h
@DearMeNo @VeryOldPics @MrsCupcake79 I was potty training
View conversation · uQXUZf0h_normal.jpg Reynard the fox 23h
Corbyn #bonkers
View details · uQXUZf0h_normal.jpg Reynard the fox Sep 13
@will49447 @MsIntervention @OwenJones84 scheme goblin is a catch all phrase he could adopt

I love debating with "lefties" in real life, most of my mates share similar views to me but we're definitely in the minority in Glasgow. I just hate folk who are clearly uneducated and try and argue with you, just chucking out media lines.

:( I genuinely miss the Tory fecker.

All the tales of mad old uncles pegging it, and him swigging cognac and puffing on Fidel's own hand rolled ceegars whilst emptying the uncles house, and coming across an original Spitfire in kit form were pure entertainment .

I love debating with "lefties" in real life, most of my mates share similar views to me but we're definitely in the minority in Glasgow. I just hate folk who are clearly uneducated and try and argue with you, just chucking out media lines.

In fairness though L4L, you're a puddle drinking moron (not an expression, an actual puddle drinker), so it's more likely that what they're saying is just miles over your head, because, you're not very bright.

I'd consider myself, and the vast majority of contributors to the politics section of this forum to hold left wing views.

No, we don't. We live in a world where creating more wealth is what is rewarded. Which is why an NHS nurse who does a 12-hour shift cleaning up blood, sick and pish but creates no further value for shareholders is on a comparatively shite wage compared to a guy who sits in Canary Wharf moving imaginary money around on stock markets. Hard work and reward are in no way intrinsically linked.

Yeah this is true obviously and disgraceful

Hard work does still pay off for people though, if we had a far left society then all the work force would be equal and this wouldn't be the case though.

I've never really considered myself left or right wing, I'm 'flightless'.

No one should be aligning their personal beliefs blindly with any particular political leaning just because they agree with some of what they say. I'd imagine most people on here would feel the same.

I would probably consider myself left wing (with some right of centre opinions) if pushed but then I'd rather not associate myself with the militant left wing any more than the miltant right wing.

They're all deluded angry people.

Apart from the occasional right wing nutter popping up for a day or two this forum is majority left wing and quite militant with it at times.

I actually think P&B is too left wing would be good to see a wider range of opinions.

I tend not to bother posting my opinions as all you get is "stupid troll", there's a real lack of debate.

Although I'd imagine my reputation goes before me in this case which doesn't help.

Just in case you're all missing the mad old right wing fucker, here are some recent tweets:

uQXUZf0h_normal.jpg Reynard the fox 20h
@DearMeNo @VeryOldPics @MrsCupcake79 I was potty training
View conversation ·

You'd think he'd be out of nappies by now.

Generally because Scotland is left leaning, markedly more so than England.

Which is a good thing.

Scotland is not "markedly more left leaning" than England. Attitudes surveys consistently point to very similar attitudes on the balance of tax and spend, on welfare restrictions and on most social issues. The only significant difference is a more pro-EU stance, and that's probably at least in part influenced by the fact that Scotland takes in a smaller portion of EU migrants than the parts of England where UKIP polls the strongest.

Scotland is not "markedly more left leaning" than England. Attitudes surveys consistently point to very similar attitudes on the balance of tax and spend, on welfare restrictions and on most social issues. The only significant difference is a more pro-EU stance, and that's probably at least in part influenced by the fact that Scotland takes in a smaller portion of EU migrants than the parts of England where UKIP polls the strongest.

You regularly overcomplicate things, Libbers.

The Tories are right wing. I think we can agree on that.

Scotland voted around 15% Conservative in May.

England voted around 38% Conservative in May.

Figures aside, anyone who isn't a pedantic life's loser is only too aware that Scotland is considerably to the left of England.

Please take your facts elsewhere, Fide reckons Scotland is more left wing so thats good enough for me

Most notably, 6.8% of English and Welsh voters thought that the government should reduce taxes and spend less on the public sector, while 4.7% of Scots agreed with this.

Just over half (52%) of voters in England and Wales wanted levels of taxation and spending to remain the same, compared with 47.7% in Scotland, while 36.4% of voters in England and Wales wanted tax and spending to rise, alongside 43.8% of Scots.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/scotland-blog/2015/mar/26/three-things-the-latest-british-social-attitudes-survey-tells-us-about-scotland

There is a consistent difference in attitudes. You might not find it 'markedly different', I would argue that a difference of almost 9% wanting higher tax and spending is in actual fact quite a significant number.

uQXUZf0h_normal.jpg Reynard the fox 16h
15 hours I've been working today. f**k sake

View details ·

:( I genuinely miss the Tory fecker.

All the tales of mad old uncles pegging it, and him swigging cognac and puffing on Fidel's own hand rolled ceegars whilst emptying the uncles house, and coming across an original Spitfire in kit form were pure entertainment .

Never agreed with anything he said, but the way he said it was different class.

Time a campaign was started to get him reinstated.

Most notably, 6.8% of English and Welsh voters thought that the government should reduce taxes and spend less on the public sector, while 4.7% of Scots agreed with this.

Just over half (52%) of voters in England and Wales wanted levels of taxation and spending to remain the same, compared with 47.7% in Scotland, while 36.4% of voters in England and Wales wanted tax and spending to rise, alongside 43.8% of Scots.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/scotland-blog/2015/mar/26/three-things-the-latest-british-social-attitudes-survey-tells-us-about-scotland

There is a consistent difference in attitudes. You might not find it 'markedly different', I would argue that a difference of almost 9% wanting higher tax and spending is in actual fact quite a significant number.

I would, in fact, call that a marked difference.

Archived