'Buckled lefties'

DA Baracus

The thread title is a popular insult chucked around this forum, usually by those who are slightly dim (and who are often losing an argument) because they’re not clever enough to think of a good response (or even an original response) and so just parrot tired tropes.

But is being someone who holds left wing views a bad thing? Do the majority of P&Bers regard those who are left wing as simpering fools who can’t contribute meaningfully to a conversation?

I’m left wing in the majority of my outlook if you go by the definition, although I do judge everything on its own merits.

Going by some of the posts on here, there are a frighteningly high level of nasty, bitter right wing mentalists. I can’t understand the right wing mentality, and frankly despise it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thread title is a popular insult chucked around this forum, usually by those who are slightly dim (and who are often losing an argument) because they’re not clever enough to think of a good response (or even an original response) and so just parrot tired tropes.

But is being someone who holds left wing views a bad thing? Do the majority of P&Bers regard those who are left wing as simpering fools who can’t contribute meaningfully to a conversation?

I’m left wing in the majority of my outlook if you go by the definition, although I do judge everything on its own merits.

Going by some of the posts on here, there are a frighteningly high level of nasty, bitter right wing mentalists. I can’t understand the right wing mentality, and frankly despise it.

This is probably how right wingers feel about buckled lefties.

I would like to consider myself left but i definitely have right wing views as well.

I like the idea of public ownership for the essentials in life - gas, electricity, water and the railways for example and hate the fact that something like bottled water is a product sold for private profit and i hate having to buy it but the other day i was left with little choice due to the situation i was in! I hate the level of inequality the world has found itself in financially - for example the 85 people in the world with more wealth than the combined 3.5 BILLIONS poorest shows that something is utterly fucked with the world. Does anyone out there see this as a good thing? Probably

I also hate having an un elected monarch that reigns supreme over all of us despite doing nothing but living the life of luxury at our expense and showing up to public events and waving. What i actually hate more than this is the morons who see this as a good idea and line the streets to see them and actually celebrate their fucking weddings, particularly those who are doing so who don't have much money but yet still want to say god save the queen and rule britannia etc.

Having said that, on a personal point of view in my experiences i don't think everyone is equal and thats what makes us individuals, some people are cleverer and more talented than others and the people who work the hardest and put the effort in should be rewarded and we do live in a world where hard work pays off. If there was a revolution and everyone was told they were all equal and the wealth would be distributed evenly then things wouldn't work and the world would go to f**k.

From an economic sense I'm probably pretty right wing but I own a business so that'd not surprising I suppose.

In a social sense I'd love to see a wider range of cultural influences in Scotland.

Agree somewhat with this. I have been called a lefty quite a bit recently but in truth I'm agnostic. Economically I'm quite right wing but it depends on the policy. Socially I have left leanings but it depends on the situation. On foreign policy I'm fairly Liberal to left generally but have been known to be with the right in certain situations.

I don't affiliate myself with any particular political party but simply judge each manifesto on merit. Anyone who throws the 'Beardy Leftie' type insult around is generally quite thick but rather annoyingly thinks they are super intelligent.

This is your worst topic DA, I'm including your borderline paedophile buggy sex one in that equation too.

Some going.

It was a plan that involved consenting adults. Nothing peadophilic about it at all.

I am slightly on the left where I think individuals should be equal in the opportunities to be the best they can be and should be supported to do so. I also think individuals have a responsibility to live within their means and not take advantage of others.

I would disagree with the OP though - I think this site is very much on the left. Any right wing posters are usually shit stirring trolls or stick out like a sore thumb and get shot down for their beliefs in all honesty.

Having said that, on a personal point of view in my experiences i don't think everyone is equal and thats what makes us individuals, some people are cleverer and more talented than others and the people who work the hardest and put the effort in should be rewarded and we do live in a world where hard work pays off. If there was a revolution and everyone was told they were all equal and the wealth would be distributed evenly then things wouldn't work and the world would go to f**k.

No, we don't. We live in a world where creating more wealth is what is rewarded. Which is why an NHS nurse who does a 12-hour shift cleaning up blood, sick and pish but creates no further value for shareholders is on a comparatively shite wage compared to a guy who sits in Canary Wharf moving imaginary money around on stock markets. Hard work and reward are in no way intrinsically linked.

If you want to see right wing nutters you should see some of the Rangers fans that i haven't yet deleted from Facebook :(

And Rangers Media

Possibly a common theme. The right wing nutters/racists on my Facebook are all Rangers fans.

Archived