RWC 2015

The Gudderman

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NZ or France :

Hard to say with top try scorer but I would hazard a NZ winger scoring a few in a turkey shoot.

McCaw the most influential as long as refs are tolerant !!!!!

New Zealand have Georgia and Namibia in their group. They'll surely run up ridiculous scores.

New Zealand, Australia or England (booo!) will win it. Scotland should get out of the group if we can beat Samoa (you'd imagine we'll beat Japan and USA).

Pool A has it all going on with England, Australia, Wales and Fiji although I still think the initial 2 will be making it through to QFs.

In our pool I can't see it coming down to anything other than a last matchday decider between ourself and Samoa for second and I still expect us to prevail.

I don't see Tonga troubling Argentina or they in turn troubling NZ in Pool C - nor do I see Italy troubling Ireland or France in Pool D... though perhaps the Italians and the Samoans have the best chance of upsetting the 'expected' QF line-up.

I could see KOs being...

Australia v Scotland

South Africa v England

New Zealand v Ireland

France v Argentina

Australia v France

England v New Zealand

France v New Zealand

... but I may be over-rating France here.

I hope some of the smaller countries don't field reserve teams in their midweek or top seed matches. It diminishes the tournament when cricket scores are run-up.

New Zealand or England for me. Echo what DA Barcus says, with Nambia and Georgia in New Zealand's group you'd expdct their backs to rack up loads of tries

Anything more than the quarter finals has got to be regarded as a massive succes for Scotland.

As a small sub-note: I think the chance of it is fairly low, but if Wales lose to Fiji and finish 4th they'll have to go through qualifying for RWC 2019 which would be a fairly humiliating experience.

Top 3 qualify automatically for the next one which is why some smaller nations will be targeting 3rd.

So an hour to go. The Nigels vs Fiji. Is an upset on the cards?

I'm pretty upset at Paloma Faith butchering World in Union if that counts?

England will win this fairly comfortably if they get a couple of early scores, but if Fiji are still in it after an hour, they could well do it.

I'll get my predictions in before it starts then...

A - England to take runners-up behind Australia, Wales to miss out

B - South Africa to walk it, Samoa to take second, Scotland to miss out

C - New Zealand practically unopposed in the group, Argentina clearly second best, the rest miles behind and will be battered

D - Ireland to pip France, another group of also rans behind them

So that makes qf's of SA vs England, Australia vs Samoa, NZ vs France and Ireland vs Argentina.

NZ steamrolling to an easy win from that lot

Archived