Dumbarton v Rangers

Since Rangers started destroying everything in their path I've had my eye on this fixture, not due to looking forward to it, more because I'm dreading it and fearing an absolute scudding.

We looked a lot better yesterday but still struggled to create chances. Regardless of how well we play I think the outcome is inevitable, I'm just hoping we keep it respectable. We seem to have sorted out the powderpuff midfield/leaky defence combination so hopefully we don't get embarassed.

No denying that Rangers are in superb form at the minute (as they should be with their resources) and they will be looking to take a few off us. Hopefully we can nullify the attacking threat from both of their full-backs who have impressed me anytime I've seen them this season, with that in mind I hope Waters is left on the bench and Docherty brought back in. Really need our wide players to provide plenty of defensive cover. I'd also like to see Brophy start with Kirky dropping to the bench.

I'll go for a respectable 2-0 to Rangers.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Rangers started destroying everything in their path I've had my eye on this fixture, not due to looking forward to it, more because I'm dreading it and fearing an absolute scudding.

We looked a lot better yesterday but still struggled to create chances. Regardless of how well we play I think the outcome is inevitable, I'm just hoping we keep it respectable. We seem to have sorted out the powderpuff midfield/leaky defence combination so hopefully we don't get embarassed.

No denying that Rangers are in superb form at the minute (as they should be with their resources) and they will be looking to take a few off us. Hopefully we can nullify the attacking threat from both of their full-backs who have impressed me anytime I've seen them this season, with that in mind I hope Waters is left on the bench and Docherty brought back in. Really need our wide players to provide plenty of defensive cover. I'd also like to see Brophy start with Kirky dropping to the bench.

I'll go for a respectable 2-0 to Rangers.

Respectable and The Blue Vermin FC in the one line.

Jesus fucking wept

Lol

Nae Surrender

Respectable and The Blue Vermin FC in the one line.

Jesus fucking wept

Lol

Nae Surrender

Just f**k off and keep your tedious pash away from match threads.

Must be frustrating for Sons' fans - given that you won your first two league matches. You're not shipping that many goals but you're not scoring many either.

As for us, the only change I'd like to see is Ball in for Wilson. I don't think Danny has managed the transformation from the hammer-throwing mentality he was schooled in for a couple of years.

Just f**k off and keep your tedious pash away from match threads.

Must be frustrating for Sons' fans - given that you won your first two league matches. You're not shipping that many goals but you're not scoring many either.

As for us, the only change I'd like to see is Ball in for Wilson. I don't think Danny has managed the transformation from the hammer-throwing mentality he was schooled in for a couple of years.

So very very upset that you're watching a Tribute Act.

Ha ha ye auld trumpet.

A 0-0 draw was achieved under similar circumstances against a rampant Hearts side this time last year so why not again this time round.

Good shout. This plus the Alloa/Falkirk game will be intriguing.

It's building up to be another enjoyable league this season.

If we get a really strong wind coming in from the Clyde which happens about six times a season then all bets are off and the game could go any way. Pointless playing pretty football when the wind is taking the ball up to the longcrags. Rangers will eventually lose at some point this season and it's usually in the games where it is least expected. Anyway since we have not defeated them in the league since 1891 we are due a victory.

If the bookies have us up at 10-1 to win will anyone bite?

Cant see anything but a rangers victory. A draw at half time should be the first objective. Would play waters again at left back and taggart if fit. Wonder if we ll see a change in shape?

Yesterdays starting 11 would do, but if wullie came in for kirky or cawley that'd be fine.

Please put buchy, barr, jono,brown, gibson, fleming and brophy in a raw meat sexless environment for the week so as to be at their best.

Archived