Vaping/E-Juice

Anyone tried IQOS? Bit pricey but it uses real solid tobacco, heats it to just below burning temperature so you get the nicotine and flavour without most of the nasties. Tempted to try it but I'd like a second opinion before splashing out.

Edited by welshbairn

Anyone tried IQOS? Bit pricey but it uses real solid tobacco, heats it to just below burning temperature so you get the nicotine and flavour without most of the nasties. Tempted to try it but I'd like a second opinion before splashing out.

It's in the States but hasn't really taken off, presume because ferociously expensive at $150 or so. It's also apparently not as harmless as purported

http://m.koreabiomed.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=3451

Might be worth you looking at nicotine salt eliquid - it hits faster and mimics the physiological action of smoking a bit better than 'normal' juice. Only issue is that you're capped at 20mg/ml in Europe per TPD2, so you'd maybe want a slightly beefier device than the likes of a Juul to run it thru. Innokin T18 or or T18e might be a decent bet. There's also NET eliquid, which is extracted direct from soaking and macerating tobacco leaf. Don't know any UK makers tho. Planetofthevapes.co.uk boards might do. And it fucking *murders* coils.

• 10 months later...
More and more reports on the dangers of vaping recently having previously been hailed as a harmless alternative to smoking.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/05/vaping-risk-regulation-lungs

Any of P&B's resident nicotine addicts worried about this?

Not really. The current wave of hospitalizations in the US are all due to bootleg weed cartos and lipid pneumonia, which comes from inhaling vaporized oils, rather than glycerin. The US (where the author of the piece hails from) is hugely anti-vaping, in large part because congress gets hefty donations from the pharmaceutical industry. The prior head of the FDA (Scott Gottlieb) stood down about 6 weeks ago and was in an executive position at Pfizer by the next Monday. Nobody has yet come up with anything that rebuffs the Royal College of Physicians' assertion that vaping is at least 95% safer than smoking.

I make my own e-liquid so I'm actually a little bit worried about this.  Should probably do some research into what I'm using.

As long as you're using BP grade vegetable glycerin (make sure it's BP-certed, stuff out of Boots' is) no worries. If you're being really belt and braces avoid any cinnamon flavors and FA Yellow Cake flavor, which has fructose in it and may not be the best idea to inhale.

27 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

As long as you're using BP grade vegetable glycerin (make sure it's BP-certed, stuff out of Boots' is) no worries. If you're being really belt and braces avoid any cinnamon flavors and FA Yellow Cake flavor, which has fructose in it and may not be the best idea to inhale.

I use THC.  

• 11 months later...
4 hours ago, PrincessJasmineW said:

I think this is a great idea for the people that wants to quit smoking and using pods or mods as an alternative.  Also the idea with nicotine decreasing seems to be great, and it is not that hard to buy oil after oil with less and less nicotine. So in the end, when you will not fill any nicotine, you will lose the interest in vaping in general. Also there are exceptions. For example I moved to pods after cigarettes, then I started ti enjoy it and recently I bought a mod from https://www.vaporsolo.com. Now I am learning to do tricks and I love it so much.

You live in Canada, bought an efag from the US and follow Benburb? Quite the combo.