Vaping/E-Juice

I smoked 30 cigs a day for over 30 years. started  vaping 3 years ago haven't smoked a fag since. Although im always puffin on my ecig wont do the copd any good
well done. i smoked 20-30 a day for 15 years. been trying to stop for a few years unsuccessfully but really need to stop now. ive got a patch on today as well and so far so good. hasnt bothered me yet.

2 hours ago, ah-dee said:
9 hours ago, wellinwigan said:
I smoked 30 cigs a day for over 30 years. started  vaping 3 years ago haven't smoked a fag since. Although im always puffin on my ecig wont do the copd any good

well done. i smoked 20-30 a day for 15 years. been trying to stop for a few years unsuccessfully but really need to stop now. ive got a patch on today as well and so far so good. hasnt bothered me yet.

I would suggest if you are starting out to maybe try the salt nicotine products as they say the way it is absorbed is replicated  like conventional ciggies and that they give a more instant nicotine rush than using products that have freebase nicotine in them (such as the link below)

https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/nicotine-salt-eliquids.html 

if you want to stay with the normal liquids the only suggestion i would give is to use a higher nic content that what you would think for the first month just to get in the habit of vaping instead of smoking and then reduce the levels from there, that seemed to worked for me.

Good luck

3 hours ago, ah-dee said:
11 hours ago, wellinwigan said:

Good luck mate .. I started on highest nic but I'm now on 3% nic the lowest..to be honest i never thought I'd be able to quit cigs even though they have damaged my lungs severely but the ecig probably saved my life. 

14 hours ago, ah-dee said:

cant be bothered reading through this whole thread but just started on a vape thing today. to be honest it doesnt seem to be helping all that much. i know its only day 1 but just wanted yo know if there are any success stories on here? i have patches as well, should i use both together or just the vape?

its not one of those combat walkie talkie looking things just a small one.

any feedback on them would be great. thanks

Stopped smoking four years ago - cancer scare was the kick up the arse needed - but can honestly say that i have never had a craving or desire to return. I'm still a nicotine addict, but as my oncologist puts it the nicotine doesn't kill you, the burning organic material does. Fags have got more in common with industrial pollution, diesel fumes and barbecue smoke than they have with e-cigs.  In all honesty, I reckon the "having something to fiddle with" factor, plus the continuance of the mechanics of hand to mouth still being there are what has helped most. 

Best of luck, though, and I'd suggest sticking to the vape rather than the patches - cost, delivery method, both advantages. 

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 01:42, ah-dee said:

cant be bothered reading through this whole thread but just started on a vape thing today. to be honest it doesnt seem to be helping all that much. i know its only day 1 but just wanted yo know if there are any success stories on here? i have patches as well, should i use both together or just the vape?

Honestly the small ones are decent for around a couple of weeks as a transition.  I only began to see the benefits when I moved off them to the larger sub ohm devices and stopped mouth to lung hitting and was able to just lung hit.

Now the ciggs don't cut it, there is just not enough smoke produced to feel like I have had a hit.

Yep, like a few guys on here that's about 4 years now on the vape.
Honestly the small ones are decent for around a couple of weeks as a transition.  I only began to see the benefits when I moved off them to the larger sub ohm devices and stopped mouth to lung hitting and was able to just lung hit.
Now the ciggs don't cut it, there is just not enough smoke produced to feel like I have had a hit.
It was the wee £7 screw on battery number I started with and it was great as you say for the transition starting at about 24mg nic. As close to smoking a fag as it gets.

On 15/08/2018 at 01:42, ah-dee said:

Still off the fags since beginning of February, 35-40 a day, can’t believe the difference I feel. Using the vape and it’s doing the job. Stay positive, take each day as it comes, the urges to smoke lessen with each day 

On 15/08/2018 at 01:42, ah-dee said:

I stopped smoking in April 2017 using an ecig. I smoked 20 a day - one day I had to run in order to catch a bus and what should have been a simple enough task for a then-26 year old made me feel like I was going to die. That was the moment that made me decide to chuck the cigs for good and get a gym membership.

I think it takes a bit of getting used to when you first start, because you need to use the correct nicotine strength. I still vape but I've gone from the 12mg I was using when I first started down to 3mg.

I also did not like the "combat walkie talkie" ones and stuck to the smaller ones. I didn't see the point in blowing massive clouds. It always struck me as a bit childish and inconsiderate blowing big vapour clouds out in public and doing it indoors just makes your house look like the set of The Old Grey Whistle Test.

I'm not sure what the official advice is regarding vaping while using patches, but I hated the patches. Patches give you a steady trickle of nicotine into your blood stream and did nothing for me to take away cravings, whereas with vaping you can adjust the strength of your eliquid AND just have a puff whenever you crave nicotine.

Not a fan of the large kits either, I found this one to be fairly decent. Slightly bigger than the starter pen-type e-cigs. Endura T18 made by Innokin, it's just over £20 or so for a kit & the coils can last over a month easy.

Battery, a day of moderate usage. The likes of those 'Vaporized' stores sell them, flea-bay handy too, for spares.

20180817_162904.thumb.jpg.e3f5122d28cafa1fc7f2603ffd89380f.jpg

Edited by Silverton End

54 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Not a fan of the large kits either, I found this one to be fairly decent. Slightly bigger than the starter pen-type e-cigs. Endura T18 made by Innokin, it's just over £20 or so for a kit & the coils can last over a month easy.

Battery, a day of moderate usage. The likes of those 'Vaporized' stores sell them, flea-bay handy too, for spares.

20180817_162904.thumb.jpg.e3f5122d28cafa1fc7f2603ffd89380f.jpg

I've got the T20s which is a newer model than that one. Decent wee thing.

1 hour ago, Edmond Dantès said:

I've got the T20s which is a newer model than that one. Decent wee thing.

I've been using the T18e for the best part of a year, when it packs in I'll check out the 20.

As an aside, I have found that 50/50vg.pg juice works best in these.

Juice that's too 'thin" just crackles and spits.

Just use this type, dropped it and smashed the glass whilst on holiday, so had a pencil type for a few days, did the same job really. Get the vape from B+M bargains for a £1

eta..... battery lasts 48hrs

0D02FEB2-A78F-4E42-90B6-1FCA70F3F5F5.jpeg

Edited by heedthebaa

19 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Vapers are cun ts.

I dinna want to breathe yer vile “smoke” any more than I want to lick the bowl of a public toilet

I dont want to live on the same planet as you but here we are.  

4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

People should be able to choose what they breathe in though, not have you choose for them.  Vapers are c***s, just strap on a pair and give up.

If folk are blowing smoke at you, you have to wonder why they are doing it.