Hibs attitude to the disabled

OK. Some interesting opinions here. Just thank the Lord none of you have a disability. I consider myself to be disabled although I have a job and a good salary. Doesn't change the fact that I am disabled and should be treated as such. I don't get a bus pass despite the fact I need a walking stick at some times. Some clubs treat me better than others. I get a discounted season ticket at Alloa for example.

Could you clarify what exactly it is you are complaining about here?

Is it that HIbs don't offer a disabled concession?

Is it that you were asked for some sort of proof of disability before claiming a free carer's ticket (do you need a carer?)?

Is it that you were asked for some sort of proof of disability before they would provide some assisted access?

There are a lot of posts on this thread but nobody, at least those who don't know you away from here anyway, is actually clear what complaint it is you are making.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. Some interesting opinions here. Just thank the Lord none of you have a disability. I consider myself to be disabled although I have a job and a good salary. Doesn't change the fact that I am disabled and should be treated as such. I don't get a bus pass despite the fact I need a walking stick at some times. Some clubs treat me better than others. I get a discounted season ticket at Alloa for example.

You seem quite the pompous arsehole.

You're making a bit of an arse of yourself. If you "consider" yourself disabled it sort of comes across as it's not totally obvious to everyone else. It seems completely normal to be asked for proof. Dry your eyes.

I think it would be obvious if you saw me. disability is a condition which can be mild or severe. My condition is mild but could also be severe. People's attitude to disability is the problem not my disability. I challenge society as to their attitude to disability which is pathetic at the moment.

I think it would be obvious if you saw me. disability is a condition which can be mild or severe. My condition is mild but could also be severe. People's attitude to disability is the problem not my disability. I challenge society as to their attitude to disability which is pathetic at the moment.

Sadly true.

What is it you feel Hibs did wrong yesterday?

Why should a club give you concession entry at all then, if you earn a good salary? Your status in the context of a football ground is a privilege, not a right - get off your cross.

Erm yes: how dare 'society' - in this case, Scottish football clubs - have the temerity to enforce the same proof requirements for a disabled concession as they would... erm... any other concession, reduced price admission.

Truly an injustice - best contact a Liverpool forum now to arrange the candlelit vigil IMO.

You are certainly doing a fine job of avoiding answering the question. You've started a thread with a rant at Hibs about the way you were treated yesterday but not been clear about what it is you are annoyed about. You've also twice now avoided answering that question when I've posed it directly.

What is it that you are actually complaining about? Nobody can consider whether or not they agree you were poorly treated if you keep avoiding telling us what exactly they did wrongly.

A few weeks ago, Morton fans were in ER singing about a League Cup second round game from a decade ago and another LC game from a few years back that Hibs weren't even involved in. I probably wouldn't be dismissing that comp if I was a Morton fan. It's provided their most significant two moments in living memory.

But yes, VT is right. Our threads are always full of some X Factor shite, it gets quite tiring.

I still can't work out what the actual complaint is here.

Is that you had to provide proof of your disability or that you had to pay full price to enter the stadium?

The initial post would suggest you weren't happy about having to provide proof of your disability. To me that seems like it would be standard practice if the disability isn't clearly visible to ticket office staff or stewards.

Did something else happen? The posts don't really provide a clear indication of what your complaint is.

I still can't work out what the actual complaint is here.

Is that you had to provide proof of your disability or that you had to pay full price to enter the stadium?

The initial post would suggest you weren't happy about having to provide proof of your disability. To me that seems like it would be standard practice if the disability isn't clearly visible to ticket office staff or stewards.

Did something else happen? The posts don't really provide a clear indication of what your complaint is.

Yes, he's had a rant but is being very evasive about what it is he's actually ranting about.

Hibs don't give disabled concessions at all but they do allow a free carer for those who need one and can prove it. So it can't have been that he was asked for proof of disability for a concession because he's not entitled to one. It can only be either:

a - that he's not happy there are no concessions, which is fair enough but then the opening post about needing to provide proof is irrelevant and misleading.

b - that he wanted to get someone else in free as a carer and had no proof of entitlement with him, or indeed isn't entitled to a carer and so Hibs wouldn't let him.

If it's the latter then I'm not sure Hibs did much wrong. However, as the OP appears not for saying we're left guessing.

I know this might seem a bit off tangent from the actual argument here but how come Hibs don't offer Concessions? I genuinely thought every club had to (or at least did so). This always been the case?

Surely they could entice more potential fans to come along by allowing students to get in for a few quid less. Especially in a place like Edinburgh with the number of students in the city...

I know this might seem a bit off tangent from the actual argument here but how come Hibs don't offer Concessions? I genuinely thought every club had to (or at least did so). This always been the case?

Surely they could entice more potential fans to come along by allowing students to get in for a few quid less. Especially in a place like Edinburgh with the number of students in the city...

We do Student and OAP concessions. The only concession available for disabled supporters however is the free ticket for the carer.

We do Student and OAP concessions. The only concession available for disabled supporters however is the free ticket for the carer.

Ahh, cheers.

It has always played on my mind though why Hibs (and Hearts to a lesser extent due to capacity of ground) don't attract more students to the games. So much potential to gain new fans from around the country and especially from those going into Edinburgh from abroad and rest of UK. Wonder if there could be potential to enter a deal with any of the unis up there to encourage fans to go along.

They might already do that, if they do then just ignore me! Haha

Archived