Hibs attitude to the disabled

The problem with saying that the advice is on our website so PC should have read it is that it is pretty unusual for the official site to have anything about our up and coming games so it would be perfectly understandable not to look there. I do wonder if Alloa could be doing a bit more. The club will know that PC goes to pretty much every away game so it would be simple to contact him or the supporters' club to let them know of any special arrangements that are in place.

Why should the club be going out their way to contact him. Sorry but I really don't see why he is getting sympathy for having to prove he was disabled or why it's even worthy of a thread. Seems like pretty standard procedure.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why should the club be going out their way to contact him. Sorry but I really don't see why he is getting sympathy for having to prove he was disabled or why it's even worthy of a thread. Seems like pretty standard procedure.

Common decency? Helping their own support out a bit? I'm not having a go at the club just suggesting that there might be a way in which they can improve things a little for their own fans.

The problem with saying that the advice is on our website so PC should have read it is that it is pretty unusual for the official site to have anything about our up and coming games so it would be perfectly understandable not to look there.

I agree. There's no proper structure to or consistency of information on the official site.

Common decency? Helping their own support out a bit? I'm not having a go at the club just suggesting that there might be a way in which they can improve things a little for their own fans.

This is a good idea Dink- I'll try and collate these and get it in the match programme or posted somewhere on club website.

I didn't think this post is about money my views the person feels he was treated unfairly and if so what can be done so it doesn't happen in the future !!

Isn't it? What is it about then?

Why else would the OP have to "prove himself disabled" at Easter Road? I presumed this was about requesting a free carer ticket yesterday (since HIbs don't do price concessions for disabled). Is it about assisted access or something?

It would help if the OP would clarify what exactly it was that caused a problem yesterday.

Maybe the OP should have avoided sinning in his/her previous life?

glen-hoddle.jpg

I always loved the defence that it wasn't something he made up, just that his religion taught it. Like he had no choice but to be a part of something that makes up such spiteful nonsense.

It would help if the OP would clarify what exactly it was that caused a problem yesterday.

Aye; I was assuming something else had gone down, like he'd shown his proof and the steward had been all, "aye, right, you look fine to me". Anyone with a long-term disability is used to carrying some kind of documentation for these occasions, or has been very lucky.

Morton, Queens Park and my very own Dumbarton are fantastic examples of clubs who look after fans who live with a disability who support football.

My own disability epilepsy and seizures due to a brain injury is not visible to see but I have all the required paperwork.

I think if you show your home season ticket that should be sufficient.

I didn't think this post is about money my views the person feels he was treated unfairly and if so what can be done so it doesn't happen in the future !!

But why was he unfairly treated? Just because he had to provide proof he was disabled. I really don't see why there's such a debate about this as surely it's common procedure to prove you're disabled.

Or how many years without a significant cup win (last count, 112 (One hundred and twelve)).

That said, Hibs clearly have done nothing wrong in having the temerity to require proof for a concession entry - had it been a student or unemployed fan getting on their cross about it, there wouldn't be any Helen Lovejoy posters on here tut-titting at all.

OK. Some interesting opinions here. Just thank the Lord none of you have a disability. I consider myself to be disabled although I have a job and a good salary. Doesn't change the fact that I am disabled and should be treated as such. I don't get a bus pass despite the fact I need a walking stick at some times. Some clubs treat me better than others. I get a discounted season ticket at Alloa for example.

Archived