Edusport Academy

Can anyone give me anymore info. about them? I know it's like a french soccer school thing but why do they come to Scotland? I'm just interested about what the deal is with the programme.

I went to watch them today. Safe to say I was watching a shitload of soon to be professional football players. Some of their play was absolutely excellent. Even if it was muted you'd be able to tell those boys weren't Scottish. Which is sad really. We should be questioning why these boys are getting the ball down and playing it without even thinking about it, whereas our young footballers will always look to punt.

It was an absolute joy to watch this afternoon and I'd put good money on their number 2 being a household football name in a few years time.

Can anyone give me anymore info. about them? I know it's like a french soccer school thing but why do they come to Scotland? I'm just interested about what the deal is with the programme.

I went to watch them today. Safe to say I was watching a shitload of soon to be professional football players. Some of their play was absolutely excellent. Even if it was muted you'd be able to tell those boys weren't Scottish. Which is sad really. We should be questioning why these boys are getting the ball down and playing it without even thinking about it, whereas our young footballers will always look to punt.

It was an absolute joy to watch this afternoon and I'd put good money on their number 2 being a household football name in a few years time.

Created in 2011 and started as a club in 2014, they are a residential football school for young men from France and Belgium to come across and get top quality professional training as well as English language classes!! It's a 34 week course for those lads with 15 hours per week of English tuition!! The academy aim to ensure that each player:

1) Improves as a footballer

2) Improves their English

3) Matures from the human and cultural experiences

This season the players are staying in the centre of Glasgow and are training at the Lesser Hampden complex which is in the shadow the national stadium as well as playing at Galabank, Annan!! This means they share facilities with Annan Athletic, Partick Thistle and Queens Park!!

It costs £14,500 for this season which does not include the travel to and from France/Belgium to Scotland and back!! The fees for the 34 weeks program include:

-Professional football training by UEFA Qualified coaches

-Accommodation for 42 weeks (including Academy vacations)

-Monthly food allowance

-15 hours per week of ESOL tuition

-Coaching Qualification

-Training clothing

-Transport to and from Training Centre

-Organized matches

-Promotional Film

-Organized outings (professional football matches, day trips, etc)

-Insurance

There is also a centre in Edinburgh but there's not a crazy amount to find out about it... They get the same at a difference city, college and training complex and are also part of the SoSFL side!!

Anything else you need to know you'll find at edusportacademy.com

Excellent post mate. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Will greeny you when I next go on a computer. Going by the quality on the pitch it appears to be an excellent set up.

Will be going to as many games of there's that I can muster (when I'm not nightshift or at a QoS game :P)

There different class. Only thing is its what team you play! If it's the full team then good luck! If its the lesser team then good chance!

What about the other two teams?? We haven't played them yet but I've heard they have about 50 players signed...

Excellent post mate. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Will greeny you when I next go on a computer. Going by the quality on the pitch it appears to be an excellent set up.

Will be going to as many games of there's that I can muster (when I'm not nightshift or at a QoS game :P)

Not a problem mate!! Glad you enjoyed it!! Anytime... Happy to help

What about the other two teams?? We haven't played them yet but I've heard they have about 50 players signed...

I don't know about 2 teams but they've an Under 20s in the Lowland & EOS U20s league, new for this season.

They groundshare with Spartans, which is where their Edinburgh campus trains during the day.

I don't know about 2 teams but they've an Under 20s in the Lowland & EOS U20s league, new for this season.

They groundshare with Spartans, which is where their Edinburgh campus trains during the day.

Nah I meant 2 more teams as they have about 50 lads registered for the season... So they basically have 4 teams able to play...

Archived