Is this the season?

There is no bigger picture, I support St Johnstone, not anyone but the Old Firm. I'd suggest getting more joy out of someone else failing than you being successful is the childish attitude to be honest.

Seeing the OF fail in pursuit of another big prize that they're massive favourites for, would indeed provide more joy than a single, insignificant victory for another club that will soon be forgotten about.

St. Johnstone's Cup victory in 2014, probably owed much to a diminished OF.

We all benefit from that. It's not my problem if your narrowness of mind prevents you from seeing this.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not 'another club' we are talking about here son, it's your own club.

Yes, I didn't say "my club", because mine isn't in any position to influence top flight placings.

I don't need my club to win every single game though, even those that have no real significance for them, if the consequences of them not doing so on a given occasion, might provide wider benefit and pleasure.

Obviously, this ultimately comes down to some infantile version of "My club; right or wrong". It's a popular sentiment that's valuable to clubs. Doesn't mean I need share it though.

^^^ gets it

There's been quite a misunderstanding here. I'm not "happy" to see Saints lose. I'm never happy to see my club defeated. I would get joy from the Aberdeen victory however, and a Saints loss on this occasion would not bother me. It is most definitely for the greater good.

Then you're a fucking idiot who's hate for the OF is greater than your love of your own club, you have no idea if those three points would win Aberdeen the league or cost us Europe, yet you'd be delighted anyway. Pathetic.

Well I'd suggest that's foolish and a bit blind. Your version of unconditional loyalty towards your own club, regardless of any wider implications, strikes me as rather childish. I know that plenty of posters on here will share it, but some of us see a bigger picture.

You're an absolute moron obsessed with the OF to the point you spend all your time on the BRALT talking about Rangers, you backing Jamma just emphasises what kind of idiot says what hes saying.

St. Johnstone's Cup victory in 2014, probably owed much to a diminished OF.

See. You've been around them so much you're starting to sound like them.

Then you're a fucking idiot who's hate for the OF is greater than your love of your own club, you have no idea if those three points would win Aberdeen the league or cost us Europe, yet you'd be delighted anyway. Pathetic.

You're an absolute moron obsessed with the OF to the point you spend all your time on the BRALT talking about Rangers, you backing Jamma just emphasises what kind of idiot says what hes saying.

If it was last game of season and you were 4 points adrift above and below, would you really mind losing that much? It would be great to get it up the sheep, but prob better to get it up Celtic imo.

If it was last game of season and you were 4 points adrift above and below, would you really mind losing that much? It would be great to get it up the sheep, but prob better to get it up Celtic imo.

Of course not, I've already said I want Aberdeen to win the league. My issue was Jamma saying he would be happy to see Aberdeen beat us next month

If you prefer Aberdeen winning games of football than Saints then you are an Aberdeen supporter, like thousands of other glory hunting cretins in the central belt.

I was in the Saints end last season going absolutely wild when Chris Kane scored the winner at Pittrodie to secure another year of European football last season.

I'm am most definitely not an Aberdeen fan, I just have different priorities than you.

Some excellent personal abuse in there. Why, thank you.

I make no apology for having something of an obsession with the OF and the destruction they cause. If that doesn't please you, I'll live with it.

If you also believe that the chances of diddy sides winning cups are not enhanced by having the two biggest sides in less than excellent health, then I'll live with that too, safe in the knowledge that you're mistaken.

I have to say I would not be overly disappointed if Dundee lost as long as it has no adverse affect on our league position. Any one but Celtic winning the league can only be good for Scottish football. I have no clue what enjoyment Celtic fans can get from playing football in Scotland. Before the season kicks off they know they will win the league at a canter probably a domestic trophy or two, will get hoofed out of Europe by a lesser known team then blame other Scottish teams for not providing a challenge. All the while hoovering up all players from the opposition who show the slightest bit of talent! Must be great being a Celtic fan!

I was in the Saints end last season going absolutely wild when Chris Kane scored the winner at Pittrodie to secure another year of European football last season.

I'm am most definitely not an Aberdeen fan, I just have different priorities than you.

I'd give up mate.

Your mistake here is to use rational thought. This is clearly no place for it. Come back when happy merely to beat your chest about the club you support, regardless of absolutely anything else.

Some excellent personal abuse in there. Why, thank you. I make no apology for having something of an obsession with the OF and the destruction they cause. If that doesn't please you, I'll live with it. If you also believe that the chances of diddy sides winning ups are not enhanced by having the two biggest sides in less than excellent health, then I'll live with that too, safe in the knowledge that you're mistaken.

So if QOS lost to Hibs next month you'd be happy? As it means Hibs will have a better chance of stopping Rangers winning the league

Lot of simpering fuckwits on here.

The Aberdeen fans would be every bit as unbearable as the OF if they won it. I certainly will be when Hartleys Dundee of 2017 lift the title....

We fucked the jambos in 86 and it was absolutely glorious and has provided years of Albert Kidd induced glee and schadenfreude.

If it were the last game of the season, meaningless for Motherwell, Aberdeen prob wouldn't mind losing that much. But it would also be amazing to win the game and hold that over Aberdeen Whoever FC for ever..

There are people who would genuinely be happy to see their team lose to Aberdeen if it means Aberdeen would win the league? If roles were reversed I would definitely prefer to see St Johnstone win the league than Celtic, and I would be thrilled to see St Johnstone beat Celtic, but I wouldn't for a second want to see Aberdeen lose to anyone, whatever the wider implications for the title race.

I would if the circumstances were as the first quoted post, but definitely not at this stage of the season, no matter the circumstances i.e. Hearts were in our position and we're playing them next (which we are) I wouldn't want the Dons to lose. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we did lose under those circumstances, but I wouldn't exactly be happy. Last game of the season, and Hearts had to win to lift the title (they've a good record in those situations :lol: ), no real problem.

And to answer the question in the title - no, I don't think this is the season, but I live in hope.

I really dont give a f**k who wins the league if its not Dundee. Preferably its not Celtic , Rangers or United but in the end I support my team and my country not ABOF. Ifyou gave me the chance to go back to the final day of 83 and replay the results I'd still be rooting for Dundee.

So if QOS lost to Hibs next month you'd be happy? As it means Hibs will have a better chance of stopping Rangers winning the league

Nah, not at this stage when we obviously have aspirations of our own and when Hibs are a lot closer to us than to Rangers.

I wanted us to beat Hearts last season too, but our defeats to them had a distinct upside. I'll not deny it.

Nah, not at this stage when we obviously have aspirations of our own and when Hibs are a lot closer to us than to Rangers.

And whats the difference with our situation then exactly? Other than us not being the club you support?

Archived