Alloa v Falkirk, 19/09/2015

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

Just like a lot of Yogi's signings back in the day. George Craig may have been part of our demise but he wasn't the catalyst. Our manager decided his recruitment policy had to change in that last year, unfortunately for us, it was for the worst.

It sickens me how some posts slate Tam Scobbie. For some reason, just like Crunch and Sibbs, a certain group our fans can't accept local boys doing what we all dreamt of

I can't think of anyone who I know who didn't appreciate Crunchie. I think Sibbald is more or less in the same category. Scobbie was a steady player who was a good servant, I even sponsored him one year, but IMO not worth what we paid him.

Hardly any comments about the game from Falkirk fans on the last page either. Can't think of a single thing to say about it TBH. Just another game.

Oh...if we do play Chopra alone up front, it'll be because his main striking partner has left the club, and already our manager doesn't have confidence in the other forward players.

No- it's because Duffy and Crawford would give us that drive and energy either side of Chopra and add more to the teams overall play. Had Geoff remained at the club I don't think it would have made any difference to this. It will be either that or Duffy shifted forward to partner Chopra up front, he can easily play there.

Crawford has looked really good in his first two games- he'll undoubtedly be a regular starter now.

Hynd is improving all the time and may be knocking on the door soon. He picked up an injury at Development Game Monday night though and didn't train yesterday evening.

It sickens me how some posts slate Tam Scobbie. For some reason, just like Crunch and Sibbs, a certain group our fans can't accept local boys doing what we all dreamt of

Tam Scobbie was put on excessive wages in 2009 whilst we were a Premier league club.

A few years later he was offered the chance to save our arses by signing with St Mirren and lose our highest wage.

He chose his pockets over his beloved club.

Spare me the pish about loving the club etc.

Oh...if we do play Chopra alone up front, it'll be because his main striking partner has left the club, and already our manager doesn't have confidence in the other forward players.

No it won't, as Father Barry has explained.

Think we need a bit of optimism here, we're having our best start to a season for about 7-8 years.

There's usually so much doom and gloom and now we're doing well there's hardly a mention about it.

The players must be flying after last weeks result and second half performance.

Archived