Alloa v Falkirk, 19/09/2015

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys guys guys.

Bottom line is, the ground is better than it used to be but really poor in terms a decent football ground.

It really is a third rate ground little better than some of the junior grounds.. It's another example of how the game in Scotland is going, too many teams in the wrong divisions. Hamilton, Ross County, Rangers, Hibs, Alloa, Livingston, Dunfermline, etc. IMO these teams either need to be up one or down one

Hopefully through time normal service will be resumed

Just putting it out there

Guest Back Post Misses

Never have I felt so close to Falkirk fans as reading this thread :wub:

My favourite spot in the ground is the corner at the Clackmannan Road end, which is as low as the opposite corner. If you're so unhappy with that view and weren't willing to move to another spot, I'd recommend not coming back for the sake of your own happiness. I guarantee you had a better view than we sometimes have in the stand.

Is this the first time on here that someone's complained about the view at The Recs? Certainly don't remember anything from the Rangers fans. Probably because they were used to lower-division grounds by the time they played us in the league.

Sevco fans have spent the last two years either slaughtering their team or thinking they will win the next Champions league rather than bother about that section of the ground. Or bring step ladders.

Guys guys guys.

Bottom line is, the ground is better than it used to be but really poor in terms a decent football ground.

It really is a third rate ground little better than some of the junior grounds.. It's another example of how the game in Scotland is going, too many teams in the wrong divisions. Hamilton, Ross County, Rangers, Hibs, Alloa, Livingston, Dunfermline, etc. IMO these teams either need to be up one or down one

How dare Scottish football let a team progress through its league system. Let's not let alloa go up or Hamilton go up cause they're no meant to be there. Let's just bring dunfermline up as they are meant to be there...

Guys guys guys.

Yeah...I don't give out many reds, but I think it's deserved in this case. The SPL tried blocking off the wee teams a while back and it went down like a shit sandwich, as it goes against everything that's made the pyramid system such an inherent part of football in Scotland. It's especially pertinent that you should come up with this on a Falkirk thread, as I doubt you'll find many of their fans who agree. Any out of their teens, at any rate.

Can't think of a single reason why taking away punishment for poor performance on the field would improve the game. Or taking away the reward for doing well, for that matter.

Yeah...I don't give out many reds, but I think it's deserved in this case. The SPL tried blocking off the wee teams a while back and it went down like a shit sandwich, as it goes against everything that's made the pyramid system such an inherent part of football in Scotland. It's especially pertinent that you should come up with this on a Falkirk thread, as I doubt you'll find many of their fans who agree. Any out of their teens, at any rate.

Can't think of a single reason why taking away punishment for poor performance on the field would improve the game. Or taking away the reward for doing well, for that matter.

It's all about opinions.

The game is Scotland is crying out for investment and excitement. Hamilton and Ross County are great examples of teams that bring little to the Premier League. Both have a really low fan base and are punching above their weight but how long for? How can they sustain top flight expenses without building up debt long term.

Look at some of the attendances in the top flight, less than 3k? How can that be good advert for the game? Stadia is also high on my agenda for a good match experience. How many people enjoyed going to Cowdenbeath to watch championship football? Another good example last season of a team in the wrong league.

It's all about opinions.

The game is Scotland is crying out for investment and excitement. Hamilton and Ross County are great examples of teams that bring little to the Premier League. Both have a really low fan base and are punching above their weight but how long for? How can they sustain top flight expenses without building up debt long term.

Look at some of the attendances in the top flight, less than 3k? How can that be good advert for the game? Stadia is also high on my agenda for a good match experience. How many people enjoyed going to Cowdenbeath to watch championship football? Another good example last season of a team in the wrong league.

I assume you were asleep during the first half of last season, considering you think Hamilton have brought little to the top flight. They'll either drop back down like all wee clubs, or somehow stay up and expand their fan base over time. They'll sustain top flight expenses by only spending what they have, or go under like other teams who refused to stay within their budgets (and I'm well away that you don't have a team specified in your profile when I type that; there's only one side's fans who I've ever seen advocate this particular viewpoint).

Small teams making it to the top flight is a cracking advert for the game, as it proves that you can get rewards for being well-run on and off the park. If fancy bricks and mortar are important to you, don't go to games outside your list of acceptable grounds, which I'd imagine is pretty small in our wee country. Hopefully your team will be able to play in a country with a number of much more acceptable grounds soon and you won't have to worry about this again.

It's all about opinions.

I did, not the greatest of stadiums but there wooden stand makes a good atmosphere and there's a traditional feel to it. It is still a shitehole though.

It's all about opinions.

How many people enjoy going to Grangemouth to watch Falkirk play?

Guys guys guys.

Well, this is embarrassing

Guys guys guys.

Bejizz can't moan about Houston every game now so he's found something else to troll about.

To suggest that the league should be ordered by bank balance or facilities is absolutely everything wrong with the modern game.

Bejizz can't moan about Houston every game now so he's found something else to troll about.

To suggest that the league should be ordered by bank balance or facilities is absolutely everything wrong with the modern game.

Have you seen how uncomfortable the media are with Celtic not being top?

It's funny when the natural way of things gets a little scrambled.

Guest Back Post Misses

I have no issues with any team being in any division. Just bring the standard up for supporters.

I much preferred Recreation Park when the terrace opposite gave you a decent view to view from opposite the main stand. Would it be difficult to make some minor changes to improve things?

And we have not even mentioned the pitch.

Was it not meant to be relayed in the summer? It is dreadfully needing it.

Have you seen how uncomfortable the media are with Celtic not being top?

It's funny when the natural way of things gets a little scrambled.

It's quite enjoyable actually, like last year when Rangers didn't demolish the Championship. Although it allows them to go into full on "crisis at Celtic" mode which is just a waste of column inches.

We do seem to always end up with a focus on facilities/attendance in these threads before or after the games, the attendance chat is as boring as the EPL "handshake" obsession and the facilities are what they are at the end of the day. The biggest mistake Scottish football has had was forcing clubs to adopt an arbitrary stadium standard/capacity when it should be the needs/income of the club driving these decisions. Led to years of debt and big empty stadiums. If Alloa get these complaints every game then fair enough but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Half decent game on Saturday and it was plain to see why Falkirk are unbeaten, lots of possession and having us chase shadows for the majority of the game, but really lacking a cutting edge up front.

Interesting to read the press over the weekend how, when Falkirk were awarded the penalty, stone-waller, was in line with the tackle, they took a deserved lead. Why was this? For all the nice football Falkirk played,, at times, they reverted too often, IMHO, to 3rd division high balls.

Still don’t think Falkirk would have scored from open play if we were still playing this morning, and Baird (the wee knob) looked like he had won the lottery when he tucked away the penalty. Perhaps a reflection on how bad in front of goal Falkirk were on the day?

We did tire in the second half, but we are a part time club, and, as previously said, chased shadows for most of the day. Thought we were a bit unfortunate in the first half not to snatch a goal against the run of play, the shot coming off the cross bar never crossed the line, and Falkirk’s keeper making a couple of decent save too in the first half.

Thought we would crumble after Marr got sent off, seen worse tackles get yellow carded, and can’t understand how one of the Falkirk guys in the first half took out an Alloa player in what looked like a decent build up and never even got spoken to by the ref. Quite a few Oscar nominee’s from the Falkirk players as the game went on as they seemed inefficient at getting past the rear guard.

Also nice to see the Sevco book of excuses coming out about the state of the pitch. It’s coming up to 8 years old, we sacked the grounds-man and sold the lawn mower, so what do you really expect?

And having to spend £16 to stand behind someone 6ft 3 in must be bad. Had to pay £18 at the Meccano stadium with a guy so old on the turnstiles, we got in just in time to see next week’s game! OK, missed the first 20 minutes.

At the end of the day, possession alone doesn’t win games, and credit for us digging in and taking a point from Falkirk. Ha fucking ha!

I think only one guy cited our beautiful, beautiful pitch as a problem TBF.

God, I love that surface. When it gets relaid next summer, it'll be like seeing Alec Guinness get chibbed by Dark Helmet :bairn

Archived