Alloa v Falkirk, 19/09/2015

How so? Nothing fancy but nothing worth bashing your gums about!?

£16 for a a couple o hundred or so seats, terracing behind goal a mess tho at least it was tiered, the remainder is flat proving difficult to view behind someone, the equivalent of going to cinema and seeing half the screen.

On the game, came out flying 1st half, fell out of it, pretty similar 2nd half. We obviously didn't do enuf and as much as I've stood up for Rogers so far, cudnt do with his mistake yesterday...my mates been calling him ginger Rogers for weeks hard to argue tho I've not seen it again yet but doubt my mind will alter much in doing so...

It's maybe that wee kick in the teeth that will do us good for the Ross county game, if not bring on the Queens

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are over 500 seats in that stand. Between that and the tiered terrace at the Railway End there was ample room for the Falkirk support yesterday. I would have sympathy for these complaints if fans had no option but to stand a few deep on the flat sections either side of the stand. That clearly wasn't the case, with Back Post Misses apparently saying he moved from the tiered terrace to stand behind tall fans on the flat section. Rather than being a matter for Alloa, this would just seem to suggest that he is a fuckwit.

Guest Back Post Misses

Lots of you getting very defensive over the unacceptable viewing facility at the top end of the ground.

To add to this I was speaking to someone at the youth game today where a disabled fan was forced to sit at an exit area to see the match.

I don't know if there is a designated area for disabled away fans? Any Alloa fan clear that up?

Guest Back Post Misses

There are over 500 seats in that stand. Between that and the tiered terrace at the Railway End there was ample room for the Falkirk support yesterday. I would have sympathy for these complaints if fans had no option but to stand a few deep on the flat sections either side of the stand. That clearly wasn't the case, with Back Post Misses apparently saying he moved from the tiered terrace to stand behind tall fans on the flat section. Rather than being a matter for Alloa, this would just seem to suggest that he is a fuckwit.

Correct there was ample room. So close off the other area off then? But they can't as there are no toilet facilities at the bottom end of the ground.

Why some fans are happy with poor facilities is beyond me. If more were to speak up maybe standards would improve.

Guest Back Post Misses

There was an excellent view from the terracing behind the goals, apart from the front row where the TALLEST STEWARDS IN THE WORLD stand right in front of the fans.

Look at the picture of the terracing above FFS, you could have fitted at least double the number of folk on it and they'd all have had an excellent view.

I was there first half but the reality you have no clue what is happening at the other end FFS.

Correct there was ample room. So close off the other area off then? But they can't as there are no toilet facilities at the bottom end of the ground.

Why some fans are happy with poor facilities is beyond me. If more were to speak up maybe standards would improve.

Why would they close it off? You are making absolutely no sense here. Quite clearly there was more than enough room for 1,000 away fans to have an unobstructed view. You cannot expect to necessarily have the same view whilst making your way to the toilet. You can't see the pitch whilst making your way to the toilet at Falkirk or I expect almost every other ground also.

If you chose to stand in a non-tiered area, behind taller people, when you could have had an unobstructed view elsewhere in the away section then that is your own issue, not Alloa's. If you had no choice but to stand in that area you might have had a point. Clearly that wasn't the case.

Lots of you getting very defensive over the unacceptable viewing facility at the top end of the ground.

To add to this I was speaking to someone at the youth game today where a disabled fan was forced to sit at an exit area to see the match.

I don't know if there is a designated area for disabled away fans? Any Alloa fan clear that up?

Disabled section under the main stand to the left of the dugouts where there were disabled supporters of both clubs watching the game yesterday.

Guest Back Post Misses

Disabled section under the main stand to the left of the dugouts where there were disabled supporters of both clubs watching the game yesterday.

There was guys in wheelchairs on the other side too. Could it have been over subscribed?

Guest Back Post Misses

Why would they close it off? You are making absolutely no sense here. Quite clearly there was more than enough room for 1,000 away fans to have an unobstructed view. You cannot expect to necessarily have the same view whilst making your way to the toilet. You can't see the pitch whilst making your way to the toilet at Falkirk or I expect almost every other ground also.

If you chose to stand in a non-tiered area, behind taller people, when you could have had an unobstructed view elsewhere in the away section then that is your own issue, not Alloa's. If you had no choice but to stand in that area you might have had a point. Clearly that wasn't the case.

So if I want to get close to where Falkirk are attacking I should just put up with seeing half the cinema screen?

There was guys in wheelchairs on the other side too. Could it have been over subscribed?

I was thankful for the bloke in the wheelchair at the barrier, gave me the best section to see the game...

Plenty complaints throughout the game of not being able to see

I thought it was a bit shit of the TALLEST STEWARDS IN THE WORLD to stand right in front of the goals. Wondered why they didn't have seats.

That said, because I'm not an idiot I realised if I moved to somewhere that was very slightly higher I'd be able to get a perfectly unobstructed view of the entire pitch, so I did.

Guest Back Post Misses

I was thankful for the bloke in the wheelchair at the barrier, gave me the best section to see the game...

Plenty complaints throughout the game of not being able to see

Yet I get slaughtered for pointing it out.

Never have I felt so close to Falkirk fans as reading this thread :wub:

My favourite spot in the ground is the corner at the Clackmannan Road end, which is as low as the opposite corner. If you're so unhappy with that view and weren't willing to move to another spot, I'd recommend not coming back for the sake of your own happiness. I guarantee you had a better view than we sometimes have in the stand.

Is this the first time on here that someone's complained about the view at The Recs? Certainly don't remember anything from the Rangers fans. Probably because they were used to lower-division grounds by the time they played us in the league.

I couldn't

I could see perfectly well but then again I was in the gazebo.

I did notice the big pile of folk over to my left but in my ignorance I'd assumed it was the queue for the pie stall rather than a bunch of folk who'd chosen to stand there despite not being able to see anything.

Perfect storm yesterday though of 6 foot 3 guys taking up the entire front row and short arses to stupid to move.

Maybe that's what we should be focusing on; getting these tall bassas banned from the Recs. Like me :bairn

Incidentally, I've had vertically-challenged folk ask if they could squeeze in front of me at busy games before, and it never occurred to me not to let them in. Us biggies are used to ending up on the back row from an early age. Maybe worth bearing in mind.

Guest Back Post Misses

I could see perfectly well but then again I was in the gazebo.

I did notice the big pile of folk over to my left but in my ignorance I'd assumed it was the queue for the pie stall rather than a bunch of folk who'd chosen to stand there despite not being able to see anything.

Because they probably, like me chose to be there as they could not see much from the bottom end and had that much beer the walk for a piss is much shorter.

However you deflect it and think it is not a big deal what would it take to put in a couple of steps or extend the coconut shy?

They could even segregate the top end, move the burger van and that would help.

Archived