BSC Glasgow

andy25

I'd treat any crowd estimate or recollection from Isabel Goudie with a bag of salt... he's become utterly notorious on the subject to the extent of it being a standing joke.

Most infamous case of this was an away trip to a Highland League team, where his claim regarding the number of away fans travelling on official buses - 500 as I recall - turned out to be a few dozen in excess of the aggregate match attendance; cars, trains, home fans, neutrals and all.

See he's now taken to at least giving quoted as percentages of the attendance so as not to make that type of mistake again.

Just had a wee look and listen again at that game v ed city. Those 29 neutrals and city supporters make some noise when city score!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has nothing to do with what or who wins games, are you 10 or something? This is about a club being shoehorned into a pyramid system that has had accusations of not being thought through properly. The fact that the club in question have a venue that is not fit for purpose for any decent sized support would support said accusation. The fact that hundreds of Talbot fans might not see the game is scandalous, not to mention the loss of revenue. Sorry but it is just not good enough and something should be done about it.

As for the LL, well not exactly brilliant PR, is It!

Auchinleck will be most welcome to apply for the lowland league but as i understand they have not. they are welcome to continue in regional football where there are bigger crowds which i think is the reason they dont want to take part in a national league. Lets respect those that choose regional and national league football there is room for both.

It matters not a jot that you try to deflect the issue in question. The fact is that for this fixture the venue is not fit for purpose because a club with more than a handful of supporters have been drawn to play there in the biggest knock out competition in the country.

This is a very real issue and one which absolutely brings into sharp focus the fact that the LL was thrown together by people who represent clubs who are lucky if they could generate enough punters to fill a bus shelter, but who's ambitions are utterly delusional.

The information I forwarded in my initial post is unmitigated, Talbot were only pipped by Dundee and Rangers for the biggest away support in those games, they did have twice the support both St Mirren and St Johnstone combined could generate. Look up the figures because I'm sure your some of you are sad enough. As for Talbot not interested in a fabrication that is a more extreme version than The Emperors New Clothes for those involved, your damed right they're not. This fixture proves how utterly ad hoc this attempt at a pyramid actually is. It is a complete fudge by the SFA who are not in the least interested in the actual reality. A league full of clubs with little or no history, even less support, and allow a ground that can't even host a Junior teams support.

So you guys can live in your wee dream world drooling about going into the big time, when those that are already established use your delusion as the ideal buffer from the real threat to their comfort zone.

Wake up guys, it's a ruse! the penny has to drop sometime! This situation is farcical and should never be able to happen.

I'd treat any crowd estimate or recollection from Isabel Goudie with a bag of salt... he's become utterly notorious on the subject to the extent of it being a standing joke.

Most infamous case of this was an away trip to a Highland League team, where his claim regarding the number of away fans travelling on official buses - 500 as I recall - turned out to be a few dozen in excess of the aggregate match attendance; cars, trains, home fans, neutrals and all.

My good man, would you care to point to any post where I stated that?

And if Talbot were drawn away to Maryhill in the Scottish Junior Cup?

Talbot fan: "Hello, is that the Maryhill committee. Gonna play the tie at Firhill because Lochburn Park is too small?"

Maryhill FC "Oh, aye. We never thought of that. Thank you..."

BSC are in the Scottish Cup this year because they passed the licensing criteria, which included an inspection of Lochburn Park. These criteria set by the SFA and not the Lowland League so perhaps you should be addressing your concerns to them.

As far as I know Talbot have never made an application to join the Lowland League and there's no guarantee they would get in. Joining the LL is a bit like joining the Masons (just ask Civil Service Strollers!) as the League committee keep things close to their chest. Having got two new town teams in now (EK and Cumbernauld) perhaps Meadow would have more of a shout of getting in based on potential crowds- the population of Irvine is 39,000 compared to that of Auchinleck (3.512). In fact that fine old club Cumnock have more potential in terms of possible crowds coming from a town with a population of 13,000.

oh, and that other juniors correspondent, Bankies Alive, seems to be a bit late with his tuppence worth...

post-12982-0-83950900-1442183640.jpg

This is a very real issue and one which absolutely brings into sharp focus the fact that the LL was thrown together by people who represent clubs who are lucky if they could generate enough punters to fill a bus shelter, but who's ambitions are utterly delusional.

The information I forwarded in my initial post is unmitigated, Talbot were only pipped by Dundee and Rangers for the biggest away support in those games, they did have twice the support both St Mirren and St Johnstone combined could generate. Look up the figures because I'm sure your some of you are sad enough.

This fixture proves how utterly ad hoc this attempt at a pyramid actually is. It is a complete fudge by the SFA who are not in the least interested in the actual reality. A league full of clubs with little or no history, even less support, and allow a ground that can't even host a Junior teams support.

So you guys can live in your wee dream world drooling about going into the big time, when those that are already established use your delusion as the ideal buffer from the real threat to their comfort zone.

Wake up guys, it's a ruse! the penny has to drop sometime! This situation is farcical and should never be able to happen.

As usual Isa (my good man), it's a shame as you make some decent points but they get buried amongst all the prejudice and the anti-East/Senior bile that you spew out. Maybe get out of Ayrshire now and again and you'll find that we're real football clubs, not middle class imitations as you're so fond of implying :lol:

So the LL is 'full of' clubs with no history :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: What, Whitehill, Spartans, Dalbeattie, Edinburgh City, Selkirk, Vale, Gretna, even the Uni, no history?

Yet 30 years ago nobody's heard of Talbot, Cambuslang were the guys wi their baws in a wheelbarrow.

You (my good man) have never been to an EOS match never mind a LL match and yet in the same year Talbot won a 22 game league by about 15 points you were busy describing the EOS as 'banal and boring' when at least we had a 3 way title battle that went to the very last week.

And you question the ambition, yet if your Billy Big Baws club spent one season in the LL they would skoosh it, right? And one year later they'd be in with the clubs they already hammer regularly in the BIG SCOTTISH (oh, wait....).

Time to stop deluding yourself that you 'nearly beat Hearts' so you must be as good as everybody else who's nearly beat Hearts. If you played them another 10 times you'd still get beat, lets face it the Jambos were probably on the pish on the Friday night.

Also to stop deluding yourself that going to Stranraer twice a year in the league is as exciting for other teams as it was for you in your biggest game of the season, and come to think of it, Stranraer is a handy trip for you.

Also the fact that you've never once beaten a league team but you can hammer the likes of 10 man St Cuthberts and Fort William and Girvan, I mean come on, anybody can manage that.......

Getting replays off the likes of Stirling and Stranraer and beating Lossie makes you no better than the likes of WW. Speaking of WW, I suppose the fact that we once took 1500 v Celtic at Easter Road in Round 3 makes oor Baws as big as yours for a village about half the size of yours :lol::lol::lol:

Now Caley, THAT was a team (my good man).......

As usual Isa (my good man), it's a shame as you make some decent points but they get buried amongst all the prejudice and the anti-East/Senior bile that you spew out. Maybe get out of Ayrshire now and again and you'll find that we're real football clubs, not middle class imitations as you're so fond of implying :lol:

So the LL is 'full of' clubs with no history :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: What, Whitehill, Spartans, Dalbeattie, Edinburgh City, Selkirk, Vale, Gretna, even the Uni, no history?

Yet 30 years ago nobody's heard of Talbot, Cambuslang were the guys wi their baws in a wheelbarrow.

You (my good man) have never been to an EOS match never mind a LL match and yet in the same year Talbot won a 22 game league by about 15 points you were busy describing the EOS as 'banal and boring' when at least we had a 3 way title battle that went to the very last week.

And you question the ambition, yet if your Billy Big Baws club spent one season in the LL they would skoosh it, right? And one year later they'd be in with the clubs they already hammer regularly in the BIG SCOTTISH (oh, wait....).

Time to stop deluding yourself that you 'nearly beat Hearts' so you must be as good as everybody else who's nearly beat Hearts. If you played them another 10 times you'd still get beat, lets face it the Jambos were probably on the pish on the Friday night.

Also to stop deluding yourself that going to Stranraer twice a year in the league is as exciting for other teams as it was for you in your biggest game of the season, and come to think of it, Stranraer is a handy trip for you.

Also the fact that you've never once beaten a league team but you can hammer the likes of 10 man St Cuthberts and Fort William and Girvan, I mean come on, anybody can manage that.......

Getting replays off the likes of Stirling and Stranraer and beating Lossie makes you no better than the likes of WW. Speaking of WW, I suppose the fact that we once took 1500 v Celtic at Easter Road in Round 3 makes oor Baws as big as yours for a village about half the size of yours :lol::lol::lol:

To be fair, Talbot's record against league sides is not the issue.

And if Talbot were drawn away to Maryhill in the Scottish Junior Cup?

Talbot fan: "Hello, is that the Maryhill committee. Gonna play the tie at Firhill because Lochburn Park is too small?"

Maryhill FC "Oh, aye. We never thought of that. Thank you..."

BSC are in the Scottish Cup this year because they passed the licensing criteria, which included an inspection of Lochburn Park. These criteria set by the SFA and not the Lowland League so perhaps you should be addressing your concerns to them.

As far as I know Talbot have never made an application to join the Lowland League and there's no guarantee they would get in. Joining the LL is a bit like joining the Masons (just ask Civil Service Strollers!) as the League committee keep things close to their chest. Having got two new town teams in now (EK and Cumbernauld) perhaps Meadow would have more of a shout of getting in based on potential crowds- the population of Irvine is 39,000 compared to that of Auchinleck (3.512). In fact that fine old club Cumnock have more potential in terms of possible crowds coming from a town with a population of 13,000.

oh, and that other juniors correspondent, Bankies Alive, seems to be a bit late with his tuppence worth...

attachicon.gifbean.jpg

You might have a point, how on earth can a club with supposed ambition to step up get a license for a ground that is apparently only fit to hold 560 due to a large portion being unsafe?

Auchinleck will be most welcome to apply for the lowland league but as i understand they have not. they are welcome to continue in regional football where there are bigger crowds which i think is the reason they dont want to take part in a national league. Lets respect those that choose regional and national league football there is room for both.

That is my point, in this case there isn't!

The LL situation suits the SFA and the clubs that are in it, but for different reasons. League clubs can rest in the knowledge that no matter how bad they play there is little or no chance of them being relegated to non league, apple cart is safe enough. The LL clubs have what they wanted, a pyramid and at least on paper the opportunity to step up. But can't see it happening anytime soon because it's a con. It is lip service to a proper structure and this ridiculous 560 restriction scenario is a clear illustration of that. This should have been better thought out with the unification of non league being the target first and foremost, followed by a pyramid.

Do you consider Lochburn getting a license in these circumstance to be sound, no alarm bells ringing?

Ah, the return of Isabel Goudie and the Auchinleck Calculator.

Here are some facts... attendances at Talbot's previous Scottish Cup trips to non-league opposition, most of whom probably have larger home supports than BSC Glasgow, have been 488, 425..

Both of which were 500-mile return journeys to Highland opposition, also in a (not so much) earlier era when 'Bot weren't as strong as now - pretty impressive away supports I'm sure you'd concede!

Where did anyone actually suggest the game be moved? Goudie's made some pretty good points (even if I doubt 'Bot took more than 125 to Hermes this month in a game they were expected to win) - how will BSC promote their first ever Scottish tie with a crowd limit? The visitors could certainly muster a good travelling support for a shorter day out.

The LL situation suits the SFA and the clubs that are in it, but for different reasons. League clubs can rest in the knowledge that no matter how bad they play there is little or no chance of them being relegated to non league, apple cart is safe enough. The LL clubs have what they wanted, a pyramid and at least on paper the opportunity to step up. But can't see it happening anytime soon because it's a con. It is lip service to a proper structure and this ridiculous 560 restriction scenario is a clear illustration of that. This should have been better thought out with the unification of non league being the target first and foremost, followed by a pyramid.

Do you consider Lochburn getting a license in these circumstance to be sound, no alarm bells ringing?

Certainly not. But it's a temporary groundshare afaik.

For the record, I see a lot of the Juniors, I saw your lot at Nitten recently and the final at Medda. I was at Arthurlie-Pollok last week.

I can see both sides of the argument and it's a shame the Juniors couldn't/wouldn't be accommodated. But that doesn't stop you being a biased insular git :lol::lol::lol:

Edit:

Having been through the licensing with WW, the ground is only a smallish part of it - the club gets the license.

Both of which were 500-mile return journeys to Highland opposition, also in a (not so much) earlier era when 'Bot weren't as strong as now - pretty impressive away supports I'm sure you'd concede!

Where did anyone actually suggest the game be moved? Goudie's made some pretty good points (even if I doubt 'Bot took more than 125 to Hermes this month in a game they were expected to win) - how will BSC promote their first ever Scottish tie with a crowd limit? The visitors could certainly muster a good travelling support for a shorter day out.

There were 4 buses and a mini bus at Hermes, my mob travelled by train and there were another half dozen or so in the same carriage. There were some travelled by car. With all due respect there was more than 125 at the game.

It might have happened this year if we hadn't been so f*cking bad at penalty kicks as we wouldn't have chucked the game against Montrose, sorry, lost unluckily in the 2nd leg after winning the first leg unlike the Highland Champions....

There were 4 buses and a mini bus at Hermes, my mob travelled by train and there were another half dozen or so in the same carriage. There were some travelled by car. With all due respect there was more than 125 at the game.

So what? It doesn't matter how many hordes of fans you have, your team is still in the equivalent of the seventh or eighth tier of Scottish football, whereas BSC are at least two tiers higher. That is an undeniable.

So what? It doesn't matter how many hordes of fans you have, your team is still in the equivalent of the seventh or eighth tier of Scottish football, whereas BSC are at least two tiers higher. That is an undeniable.

What's that got to do with anything in this discussion?

Archived