Marvel's Jessica Jones

King Kebab

Just finished the last episode. A great series and a lot better than I had anticipated, even though I thought it was going to be good. As plenty of folk were suggesting Tennant is indeed outstanding in it but doesn't quite steal the show from Ritter. Has to be a definite for a season 2.

I've got one more to go. The build through the season has been tremendous the whole way. From the minute Kilgrave is even mentioned, he casts a fairly large shadow over everything. The moment when they see each other for the first time since "that" is superbly done.

Anyone else find themselves liking Kilgrave better than the shows hero?

Nope. Always run the risk of that with a great villain, but Jones was played utterly brilliantly. A testament to how well Krysten Ritter did.

Thought the finale was a bit disappointing, but a tremendous season of TV.

I've watched the first 3 episodes and really enjoying it.

How does it compare to other superhero tie-ins in terms of tone? Its, obviously, quite dark and "gritty". I watched about 2 minutes of The Flash the other night and it seemed very Americany-cheese.

The Marvel series on Netflix - Daredevil & Jessica Jones - have gone for a dark/violent take on things and are both excellent. If you're enjoying Jessica Jones you'd likely enjoy Daredevil as well. The same universe also has the Agents of Shield & Agent Carter shows, but they are less brutal and closer to the DC universe in tone.

THE DC series (Arrow & Flash) are very light compared to the Netflix shows. I tried them both, and i'm not really a fan of either show which is a shame because I actually really like both Green Arrow and the Flash in the comics.

The Marvel series on Netflix - Daredevil & Jessica Jones - have gone for a dark/violent take on things and are both excellent. If you're enjoying Jessica Jones you'd likely enjoy Daredevil as well. The same universe also has the Agents of Shield & Agent Carter shows, but they are less brutal and closer to the DC universe in tone.

THE DC series (Arrow & Flash) are very light compared to the Netflix shows. I tried them both, and i'm not really a fan of either show which is a shame because I actually really like both Green Arrow and the Flash in the comics.

Cheers. Watched a few minutes of Arrow when it first came on Sky. Absolutely hated it!

I've watched the first 3 episodes and really enjoying it.

How does it compare to other superhero tie-ins in terms of tone? Its, obviously, quite dark and "gritty". I watched about 2 minutes of The Flash the other night and it seemed very Americany-cheese.

jessica jones along with daredevil have moved away from the MCU "family" type film outing, daredevil was dark as hell as you will remember along with JJ, and seeing how they introduced Luke Cage i highly doubt his upcoming series will be anything different

i think with both DD and JJ being set in hell's kitchen and other "less than appealing" areas of New York also meant it had to be dark toned,

Jessica Jones is decent (David Tennant is awesome), but I wasn't a fan of Daredevil. It might have been the actors rather than the characters/story, but there was just nothing particularly likable about it for me

Funny. I'm halfway through Jessica Jones but so far have preferred Daredevil (although I am a big fan of both).

Very much agree with this summary.

For JJ I was also impressed that there was more (genuine) emotional resonance for the characters based on the actions that happened. In your standard fair they might have pondered for an episode on something serious having occurred then the character(s) would continue on unchanged, definitely not the case in this.

I thought it was alright. I'm not really one for super hero TV series' but I'm generally trusting of IMDB ratings and it had 8.8 so I gave it a go. Not to mention the fact that Krysten Ritter (so?) is absolutely stunning.

I actually think David Tennant is going to have his most successful period of his career in the latter years. I know his acting background is stellar and despite not watching it I understand he was great in Doctor Who, but I think playing a villain might be his calling. Right now I thought he was a bit too well-dressed British to pull off a character so bad but I think as he ages he might go the Christopher Lee route and just become like an awesome villain actor.

I thought it was alright. I'm not really one for super hero TV series' but I'm generally trusting of IMDB ratings and it had 8.8 so I gave it a go. Not to mention the fact that Krysten Ritter (so?) is absolutely stunning.

I actually think David Tennant is going to have his most successful period of his career in the latter years. I know his acting background is stellar and despite not watching it I understand he was great in Doctor Who, but I think playing a villain might be his calling. Right now I thought he was a bit too well-dressed British to pull off a character so bad but I think as he ages he might go the Christopher Lee route and just become like an awesome villain actor.

I've been convinced he's better as a villain since I saw him as Barty Crouch Jr in Harry Potter - sinister as f*ck.