Cowden v Peterhead

I was trying to be diplomatic cc. Transfer windows shut, we've got more red cards than points, we might need warm bodies to fill jerseys soon.

Didnae want to piss the boy off.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I am completely disagree with you! CJ Cannae pass,shoot,take oan a man, mark or tackle. Colin persists with starting him. Why?

The ref did miss hand balls today amongst other things but I don't think winning was going to happen as we could not match their physical approach to the game.

The team need to man up and start competing physically. Nish needs to initiate this change through his organising of the team..

Not having a go at CJ. He is young and needs to learn what he needs to do when playing left midfieldish.

One of the solutions _ you can donate some millions to the club so that Nishy can get better players.

One of the solutions _ you can donate some millions to the club so that Nishy can get better players.

Just one problem with that idea Rie.........

The wife refuses to release the funds from the joint account.

Just thought of another small issue.........

It's bad when u come away happy with a point at home from Peterhead.

Plus points keeper and Spence who IMO both had great games

Minus points dreadful start, again always look like conceding, 1st touch at 2nd yellow embarrassing.

Then gaffer takes off Robbie leaving CJ on!!!

Like others have said we've the basis of a no bad league 1 said, sadly not the manager to take us forward

It's bad when u come away happy with a point at home from Peterhead.

Plus points keeper and Spence who IMO both had great games

Minus points dreadful start, again always look like conceding, 1st touch at 2nd yellow embarrassing.

Then gaffer takes off Robbie leaving CJ on!!!

Like others have said we've the basis of a no bad league 1 said, sadly not the manager to take us forward

Agree Vince. He needs a wee bit longer tho. There are shoots of recovery from what I saw today.

I was trying to be diplomatic cc. Transfer windows shut, we've got more red cards than points, we might need warm bodies to fill jerseys soon.

Didnae want to piss the boy off.

I'm afraid he's had enough chances but it's time to face the fact he isn't good enough and should be punted.

Nishy will be a goo manager if you all support him during a game. Players needs to be supported and then they may be able to get more confident.

There was someone shouting to Nish yesterday afternoon. I wanted to find out who and complain to him but I cold not find. :thumbsdown

Nishy will be a goo manager if you all support him during a game. Players needs to be supported and then they may be able to get more confident.

There was someone shouting to Nish yesterday afternoon. I wanted to find out who and complain to him but I cold not find. :thumbsdown

Fans are more negative minded on the back of a poor season last season so its a harder job for the new manager to turn a club around, especially a rookie manager.

You are right, the management and players need their crowd behind them or it dents the confidence further and increases the pressure.

I think he has probably assembled a squad that could finish mid table. However some basics are still missing for me. We are not fit enough as a squad, defensively far too many conceded and a ridiculous amount of red cards so early in season.

Sorry I don't agree with some of the opinions on here - the one thing we asked for was patience but here we are with folk talking about punting managers again - it took 5 games last season for that sort of stuff and now just six - this isn't a game of Football Manager. Patience means a bit more than saying at outset x is not my choice as manager but will back him and then just wanting change 5 minutes later.

What about the fact that team is almost completely new - the most starts last season for us by any player in the side yesterday was just 15? So what about giving the guys a bit of backing and a bit of time - staying at home and a crowd of 301 won't solve our problems or help the club either - real patience not a couple of games type stuff. Discipline isn't that bad and red cards are distorting the story - we aren't conceding an inordinate amount of fouls for example but of course anyone can come on here and just say the stats don't lie. There is a saying about stats and lies though.

Presume Robbie rather than CJ was subbed given it was felt CJ would be more effective tracking back so not very controversial. I don't know why anyone would criticise Pat for stepping into the breach with Chopper out and playing for the jersey. Left back well Kenny was injured at Stenny so there is no big mystery why Mo was preferred.

Al suggests a mid table finish - well that means challenging for 4th spot which is in line with initial target. Why was it expected that we should readily sweep Peterhead aside when historically games v them have often been competitive and they had already beaten the Pars and Falkirk this season?

Presume Robbie rather than CJ was subbed given it was felt CJ would be more effective tracking back so not very controversial. I don't know why anyone would criticise Pat for stepping into the breach with Chopper out and playing for the jersey. Left back well Kenny was injured at Stenny so there is no big mystery why Mo was preferred.

Al suggests a mid table finish - well that means challenging for 4th spot which is in line with initial target. Why was it expected that we should readily sweep Peterhead aside when historically games v them have often been competitive and they had already beaten the Pars and Falkirk this season?

That last sentence is an excellent point. Peterhead are a decent side and they have one of the best strikers outside the top league.

Regarding CJ - while he does track back and works extremely hard, he is completely inept at any defensive duties. He may be able to get back fine but how many times does he actually win a ball? I heard the phrase 'empty shirt' used yesterday which I regrettably agree with as it's clear that he's a worker. He's also a striker but nobody has told Nish that yet.

We were slaughtered up our left side all game.

Another game we should have picked up 3pts in but don't seem to be able to finish teams off when on top just now. To give Cowdenbeath some credit they kept at it & took advantage of some poor defending & to be honest it did not really seem to make much difference when they went down to 10 men. Spent most of the game in the company of a small group of Cowden fans while supporting our teams wholeheartedly made for a good afternoon in what should be the norm at this level of the game.

That last sentence is an excellent point. Peterhead are a decent side and they have one of the best strikers outside the top league.

Regarding CJ - while he does track back and works extremely hard, he is completely inept at any defensive duties. He may be able to get back fine but how many times does he actually win a ball? I heard the phrase 'empty shirt' used yesterday which I regrettably agree with as it's clear that he's a worker. He's also a striker but nobody has told Nish that yet.

We were slaughtered up our left side all game.

No one runs about more than CJ but he can't tackle ( as we saw at Dunfermline) and he can't beat anyone. A spell in the Juniors wouldn't do any harm.

No one runs about more than CJ but he can't tackle ( as we saw at Dunfermline) and he can't beat anyone. A spell in the Juniors wouldn't do any harm.

He's had a spell at Kelty already I think? Also heard in the summer they would have liked him back along with Callaghan but I presumed we would need these 2 players a lot more this season.

Sorry I don't agree with some of the opinions on here - the one thing we asked for was patience but here we are with folk talking about punting managers again - it took 5 games last season for that sort of stuff and now just six - this isn't a game of Football Manager. Patience means a bit more than saying at outset x is not my choice as manager but will back him and then just wanting change 5 minutes later.

What about the fact that team is almost completely new - the most starts last season for us by any player in the side yesterday was just 15? So what about giving the guys a bit of backing and a bit of time - staying at home and a crowd of 301 won't solve our problems or help the club either - real patience not a couple of games type stuff. Discipline isn't that bad and red cards are distorting the story - we aren't conceding an inordinate amount of fouls for example but of course anyone can come on here and just say the stats don't lie. There is a saying about stats and lies though.

:thumsup2 I will continue to support Cowden as long as Nishy is player / manager whatever the result of games.

Archived