Walker's cheese and onion colour

Blootoon87

Back in early 80's I sampled first walker's cheese and onion near Stoke. They were unheard of in Scotland. They were the best flavoured I'd ever tasted. Fast forward a few years and they launch nationally, I was delighted. Then after a couple of months the flavour changed. Such a disappointment.
Oh and that first bag back in the day was blue.

• 3 years later...

This podcast may have the answers you've all been seeking!

It's a 6-part true crime investigate podcast looking at whether or not Walkers switched the colours, and WHY. 

Search 'The Walkers Switch' wherever you get your podcasts and you should find it. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-walkers-switch/id1504502482?ign-mpt=uo%3D4

https://open.spotify.com/show/58iuzpN6SI7lvnr98OVvbv

87853957_10163007582630156_7917881809151459328_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2020 at 04:09, D.A.F.C said:

Did skips ever have a brown sauce flavour?

Other flavours, such as pickled onion, Caribbean Spice curry (teal blue bag), Hot from Rio chilli (orange bag), Chinese spare rib (purple bag), a limited edition ReBoot Dots Doughnut (pink bag) and a ReBoot pizza flavour, Sweetcorn Relish (1985,[4] yellow bag[5] and Sweet'n'Sour [6] have been available in the past. In 2002, KP launched 2 new variations of Skips intended to offer a 'unique taste sensation'. Buzz Boltz featured a 'crunch-melt' experience and Tickle Pickle delivered a 'puff-melt' sensation

Doesn't look like it. 

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I have a deep suspicion of anyone who buys "plain" crisps. 

"Hello. Bag of crisps please, shopkeep."

"Certainly sir. What flavour would you like?"

"None, thank you"

If you hold your nose when eating any flavour of crisps they tastes like plain crisps.  So, to avoid suspicion, I suggest buying anything  but plain crisps and then hold your nose when eating.  Job done.