Walker's cheese and onion colour

Blootoon87

Right, I'm positive that Walkers cheese and onion crisp packets used to be green. I googled it to try and find out when/why they changed it, but the internet seems to have covered up all evidence!

Somebody else convince me I didn't imagine it.

You're right. Cheese and onion were green, salt and vinegar were blue. It made so much more sense that way. I don't think they've ever revealed why they changed it.

I was about to agree with you until I read this:

A Walkers spokesman denied the company had ever changed the colour of its crisp packets.

She said: 'Walkers Salt & Vinegar has always and will always be in green packets and Walkers Cheese & Onion has always and will always be in blue packets.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2293465/A-cheese-onion-crisis-How-colour-crisp-packet-affect-taste.html#ixzz3lMoY1HTN

It's a conspiracy.

Edited by Duffy_

Was it not Golden Wonder that had cheese and onion in green packets?

No, they're still in green packets. They've never changed.

Walkers used to be the same as EVERY other crisp manufacturer but they are now the opposite because they changed it and that spokesperson is a bloody liar.

Nah. Sorry mate.

Asked my mum who's 67 and she confirmed walkers packets have always been arse about tit. Not only that but they were considered an inferior product compared the Scottish made Golden Wonder.

Like you, I wasn't convinced either but I can't find any internet evidence. I did like Tudor though. And Piglets. The old packets were there!

They seem to own most of them though LM.

Read up a bit on them a few days back with the death of an heir to 'a' fortune for the co. that owns the co. that owns Walkers, Frito-Lay. God, I don't know that ultimately, they are owned by Pepsi.

Right, I'm positive that Walkers cheese and onion crisp packets used to be green. I googled it to try and find out when/why they changed it, but the internet seems to have covered up all evidence!

Somebody else convince me I didn't imagine it.

Cheese and onion = Green

Salt and vinegar - Blue.

This is how the world used to turn.

That's bizarre. The wean just got a multipack of crisps, and I was just thinking about this last night. I swear they were the other way round when I was a wean.

I really need more to occupy my mind.