The Evening Times and it's Junior coverage.

Glenconner

6 days at week it gives coverage to the Juniors.

Great, brilliant, etc.

Thing is, does anybody in Ayrshire buy the Evening Times?

What's the point of giving write ups to teams 40 miles away other than when their maybe playing a club in the Glasgow area.

Going by sales it completely misses the point.

No harm to the Bot or Cumnock but Evening Times sales stop at around 10 miles from the city centre.

So why bother plugging Junior football in Ayrshire for all it's worth.

Btw, this is from a paper that didn't mention the Hearts v Hibs Scottish Cup Final on the Friday night before the game coz........

Great Junior section but remember your readership is not in Ayrshire.

half of Ayrshire work in Glasgow.. Over 10000 use train from Glasgow to Largs or Glasgow to ayr every day..No offence but this smells of Glasgow persons ignorance.. the evenings times guy at central station is biggest seller in Glasgow and the amount of evenings times papers on Ayrshire line trains would astonish you..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I buy it every day to see the junior section as I do the sun midweek and a Saturday to read Scott Campbell's junior section. Also my Gk friend Frazer Wilson does a good bit in the daily record. The more the merrier

half of Ayrshire work in Glasgow.. Over 10000 use train from Glasgow to Largs or Glasgow to ayr every day..No offence but this smells of Glasgow persons ignorance.. the evenings times guy at central station is biggest seller in Glasgow and the amount of evenings times papers on Ayrshire line trains would astonish you..

I don't have any problem with Ayrshire folks working in Glasgow as long as they leave the city limits by dusk.

6 days at week it gives coverage to the Juniors.

Great, brilliant, etc.

Thing is, does anybody in Ayrshire buy the Evening Times?

What's the point of giving write ups to teams 40 miles away other than when their maybe playing a club in the Glasgow area.

Going by sales it completely misses the point.

No harm to the Bot or Cumnock but Evening Times sales stop at around 10 miles from the city centre.

So why bother plugging Junior football in Ayrshire for all it's worth.

Btw, this is from a paper that didn't mention the Hearts v Hibs Scottish Cup Final on the Friday night before the game coz........

Great Junior section but remember your readership is not in Ayrshire.

^^^^^^^

This has got to be a rather daft wind-up effort. ;)

He's totally reliant on the people giving him match info to have actually been watching and not quaffing sausage rolls or nursing wee drams. When the person informing him is passing on 3rd hand info, that's when it goes wrong.

Yup,as the guy can only attend one game on a match day he relies on reports from around the grounds and the accuracy of these reports can depend on quite a number of variables...not least the swally/bias factor. :lol:

Then of course his report has to survive the attention of some 'helpful' subby who decides that it needs some 'improvement'. ^_^

Jim O'Donnell was a bloody good player and has got many medals in his pockets. Ayrshire clubs are full of Glasgow based players, O'Donnell was one himself for years so it would be a bit daft to ignore the Ayrshire clubs in the Times.

As for the sun feck knows don't read shite.

It would indeed and,when we consider that Ayrshire clubs like yours are actually closer to Glasgow than a few of their Central league counterparts,it surely confirms that this thread could really only be viewed as a pretty poor trolling exercise. 8)

Evening Times is a great wee paper and as a former paperboy it payed my way for many a thing as a kid.......I think it should even bring back "spot the ball" always remember my wee mum with crosses all over the picture thinking this was the week to win

often I stay drinking till daft Glasgow folk can tell where places outside Glasgow are

Glasgow and it's people really think the world ends in Glasgow don't they :huh::)

And the worst bit of it all is when there's been a murder in big bad Glasgow and nothing quite marks the grieving debacle like a pair of old firm scarves tied together over a garden railing :huh:

You can't beat big bad Glasgow . :huh:

The Times coverage is excellent by and large and should be applauded for covering Ayrshires junior games.

Off topic a wee bit but there are more and more clubs filming the highlights of their own games and posting them on youtube.

Clydebank and East Kilbride are two that spring to mind as having some pretty good coverage to a decent standard so well done to the guys and their respective clubs for taking the time and effort to video the games and posting them online. 8)

Evening Times can be purchased all over Ayrshire too so only sensible that covers Ayrshire Juniors so sells here. He is one of the columnists in a recent survey to be praised by readers and a reason people buy the paper or read his section online. He never just covers one team or too Glasgow focused so good on him.

And what has that got to do with football and this forum? I'm sure you could speak to Jim next time he is at your ground but your not one for doing that are you? ie Petershill management.....

Eh?

I wasn't referring to Jim I was referring to people who daftly couldn't believe the evening times has got a readership outside Glasgow . :huh:

Please keep up mr angry.

Ps; I've spoken to Jim in the past and will continue to do so .

Not angry, just far too easy for the likes of you to again, hijack a thread with a piss poor post, which has nothing to do with what the thread is about. But your all for jumping on bandwagons these days aren't you?

I've honestly no idea what your slavering on about :huh:

As said before stop taking things too serous and chill , you had a strange Habit of latching onto every post another guy posted on here and now it seems to be my turn but hey ho whatever makes you happy you strange & angry little man . :huh: :huh: :)

I think evening time s ,is superb for the juniors ,,jod,,has to put the Ayrshire teams in it,,,,as unfortunate for the west,, they are the dominant teams,,,,,,plus when am doing a photo shoot, for them,,they always put a handsome photo on,,, ,,,,,,,,cheers cotter,,,,,,

Archived