The Evening Times and it's Junior coverage.

Glenconner

I think evening time s ,is superb for the juniors ,,jod,,has to put the Ayrshire teams in it,,,,as unfortunate for the west,, they are the dominant teams,,,,,,plus when am doing a photo shoot, for them,,they always put a handsome photo on,,, ,,,,,,,,cheers cotter,,,,,,

️Haha , how's your boy doing?

Last I saw him he was in crutches down at our training , I was going to head over to have a chat with you cotter but you were caught up constantly in conversation with lots of our staff........

You were worse than a wumman,,cotter,,,for,,,,,the,,,chatting,

:);)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being wide Bing but outside of the Juniors what news would there be in it to interest somebody in darkest Ayrshire.

What's makes you think I buy the paper to read about Ayrshure?

Don't assume mate lol. It's a decent rag that doesn't really affiliate itself to any political party. Gives a good read about lives of the weeg and outwith. Overall I like it because it's a decent paper and has been for years.

Not being wide Bing but outside of the Juniors what news would there be in it to interest somebody in darkest Ayrshire.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13332078.Missing_Ayrshire_dad_found_safe_and_well/http://www.eveningtimes

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13649228.Record_turnouts_at_Scottish_Airshow__Ayrshire__in_wake_of_Shoreham_disaster/?ref=mr&lp=17

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13293292.Bomb_alert_in_Ayrshire/

Now let me see,what could a Glasgow newspaper do to sell copies in,let's say,Ayrshire? :huh:

Oh aye,got it...they could print an Ayrshire edition. :1eye

I tell you what we should do, you can give us folk in the east The Times and you can have the Evening News.

The Evening news:

A paper that is about as balanced as a pished, 1 legged, fat man.

A paper who write 1st and then ask questions.

A paper which thinks it is better than the people who read it and that it somehow speaks for them.

A paper who has poisoned it’s reporters into thinking that they have to come up with something to suite its story, rather than report on the facts.

A paper which thankfully will not be about much longer as rather like an episode of Eastenders – it is the same pish week in week out and eventually the folk who read it will get fed up with it.

Biased, pathetic, incompetent, rude, disgraceful, lying, negative, filthy fucking rubbish is a fairly accurate description of it.

Delighted that slowly clubs are beginning to realize what the Evening News are about and are not bending over for them anymore.

It is hugely disappointing that they are given access to any grounds in the east but I suppose the two big clubs in west Lothian need the news to help get info and destabilize their opponents, whilst the rest try to do their talking on the park

️Haha , how's your boy doing?

Last I saw him he was in crutches down at our training , I was going to head over to have a chat with you cotter but you were caught up constantly in conversation with lots of our staff........

You were worse than a wumman,,cotter,,,for,,,,,the,,,chatting,

:);)

,,,,,,aye he's slowly getting better ,,,Ian is a great physio,,,,,,n u know scoop like s a wee chat,,,,a like to look at other clubs training,,,,

I tell you what we should do, you can give us folk in the east The Times and you can have the Evening News.

The Evening news:

A paper which thinks it is better than the people who read it and that it somehow speaks for them.

A paper who has poisoned its reporters into thinking that they have to come up with something to suite its story, rather than report on the facts.

A paper which thankfully will not be about much longer as rather like an episode of Eastenders it is the same pish week in week out and eventually the folk who read it will get fed up with it.

Biased, pathetic, incompetent, rude, disgraceful, lying, negative, filthy fucking rubbish is a fairly accurate description of it.

Delighted that slowly clubs are beginning to realize what the Evening News are about and are not bending over for them anymore.

It is hugely disappointing that they are given access to any grounds in the east but I suppose the two big clubs in west Lothian need the news to help get info and destabilize their opponents, whilst the rest try to do their talking on the park

Many years ago, One of my cousins used to do a cartoon type piece, based on football in a fictional village for the News, he came from Stoneyburn so I reckon it was there.

By all accounts it was quite popular.

Good report this morning on last Saturday's Renfrew v Maryhill game.

How Renfrews Ross Hocknall escapes a straight red card for violently smashing his throat into Maryhill no 12 Paul McLernons right forearm is a mystery.

Good report this morning on last Saturday's Renfrew v Maryhill game.

How Renfrews Ross Hocknall escapes a straight red card for violently smashing his throat into Maryhill no 12 Paul McLernons right forearm is a mystery.

Got to agree Larky,the photie confirms that the Renfrew player is clearly at fault for the aggresive use of his throat. ^_^

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/juniors/13717813.Frews_maintain_perfect_start_with_deserved_win/

The Evening news:

A paper who has poisoned it’s reporters into thinking that they have to come up with something to suite its story, rather than report on the facts.

A paper which thankfully will not be about much longer as rather like an episode of Eastenders – it is the same pish week in week out and eventually the folk who read it will get fed up with it.

Is this because of the recent article on Musselburgh regarding the prank photograph.

The Evening news:

A paper who has poisoned its reporters into thinking that they have to come up with something to suite its story, rather than report on the facts.

A paper which thankfully will not be about much longer as rather like an episode of Eastenders it is the same pish week in week out and eventually the folk who read it will get fed up with it.

Ever read The Cumnock Chronacle, Mussy ?

The Glasgow Herald had the Evening Times.

The Scottish Daily Express had the Evening Citizen.

And the Daily Record had the Evening News.

Times, Citizen, News.....

The newsboys shout was always "Times, News and Citizen"

Pink one was Times(Outram), Green the Citizen(Beaverbrook), and plain white the Evening News (Mirror group)

I think the News and Citizen were both gone by the early 80's.

No doubt at all the Citizen was the one for the junior coverage, you could buy a paper less than an hour after the end of the game with all the full time scores and reports of many junior games up till halftime included.

Can't remember the name of the lead junior reporter but I seem to remember George Manson was the one for the Times.

Archived