IndyRef2

Crùbag

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a weird campaign that is.

If you were a No voter then you'd surely be quite happy with the current situation. Why would you be out protesting something that is neither happening right now - or tbh going to happen in the foreseeable future (by foreseeable I mean next couple of years).

I suppose Tories in Scotland need to stick together. Groupthink and all that.

It's difficult to be a moderate conservative party, I'd imagine, because you don't really have many beliefs or much to stand for, other than keeping things pretty much as they are. 'Hardcore' conservatives want to roll things back and institute real change, but Tory leadership isn't really like that. So you're stick making ridiculous gestures towards the status quo. It's hard for people like me to really understand the motivation.

Look at your parties manifesto in the last scottish elections i think youll find there the same when it comes to the "freeze" or kez would be bringing up this every week in first ministers destruction of her

I don't have a party buddy. But you seem like a with us or against us type so it won't matter to you. As you well know my point wasn't about the freeze itself, it's about the failure to meet their pledge in successive terms. Which is abject failure.

The reason there is a freeze is because the SNP said the council tax was unfair and they would replace it. This was a manifesto pledge 8 years ago. Total fail. Seeing as it's unfair I should just stop paying it in the hope a future government will write off this unfair debt for me.

Surely there will be some requirement to vote SNP before they write your debt off ?? Only seems fair.

You really have to laugh at all these Slabbers and screaming unionists and their CONSTANT girns about council tax freezes, the education system being in a "mess", the "shambles" that is Police Scotland and the NHS "crisis".

It all makes not one iota of difference to the SNP tsunami. Long may it continue.

You really have to laugh at all these Slabbers and screaming unionists and their CONSTANT girns about council tax freezes, the education system being in a "mess", the "shambles" that is Police Scotland and the NHS "crisis".

It all makes not one iota of difference to the SNP tsunami. Long may it continue.

Everything that's wrong with modern politics summed up in a single post.

The pathetic SNP are only interested in one thing, lemmings the lot of them.

Let's face it, anyone who votes in favour of being ruled by pigfcking Tories is lower than a lemming.

Seriously, voting fck no to running your ane hoose????!!!

If you don't want another indyref you shouldn't vote SNP. It's really that simple

I think that's only going to alienate the sizeable SNP vote who also said no to independence. You don't want to be arguing that everything good and fair in the manifesto is somehow subservient to the independence pipe dream.

I think that's only going to alienate the sizeable SNP vote who also said no to independence. You don't want to be arguing that everything good and fair in the manifesto is somehow subservient to the independence pipe dream.

How big do you reckon the anti-independence SNP vote is these days?

More people voted for independence than voted SNP at the GE. There is quite obviously a decent number of No/SNP voters but I seriously doubt they represent a particularly sizable proportion of the SNP vote these days.

I reckon the vast majority of the SNP's gains in 2015 were Yes voters who voted Lab/Lib in 2010 or didn't vote at all.

Maybe at the GE but I think sending an openly anti-Westminster party to Westminster is different to voting a party with a good record of governing at Holyrood. This is all hypothetical obviously but I can imagine people who would vote No will vote SNP as the only viable option in Scotland for the time being.

Archived