Do you want refugees in scotland?

DDcups

Because you've subscribed to Britain First and get your information from Facebook. Try reading a book with actual words and everything.

It is undeniable that in certain localities in Europe the vast majority of refugees are young guys. If you actually want to defend the arrival of refugees you should acknowledge that.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is undeniable that in certain localities in Europe the vast majority of refugees are young guys. If you actually want to defend the arrival of refugees you should acknowledge that.

I have. I think that there are many economic migrants mixed in with the refugees who will undoubtedly be mainly men. Would you acknowledge that the two groups should be separated?

Because you've subscribed to Britain First and get your information from Facebook. Try reading a book with actual words and everything.

No idea what Britain First is.

Infrequent user of FB but do have a brain. HTH

I have. I think that there are many economic migrants mixed in with the refugees who will undoubtedly be mainly men. Would you acknowledge that the two groups should be separated?

To some extent. As Sergeant Wilson noted earlier, there are probably many who are both, who will send for their families when they're established wherever they end up.

Lets here from the BNP on reasons not to take a refugee into you home......

.Let's assume your refugee is a genuine Muslim, Syrian refugee fleeing persecution and having witnessed the atrocities of civil war.

First of all, it's highly likely they will arrive suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. A disorder that needs qualified, professional, medical care.

The host will not be qualified to deal with such a disorder.

Next, the language barrier. If your guest speaks no English and you no Levantine Arabic or Kurdish, you will need an interpreter.

Do you have a family pet dog? As if you want to avoid deeply offending your guest, your pet must be banished to the outside of the house as most Muslims believe dogs are impure and unclean.

You must be prepared to never again consume or bring into the house, products of the swine. Ie, Pork, Ham and Bacon.

Swine was actually prohibited in ancient Syria and Phoenicia. All Muslims believe Swine flesh is considered haraam, or unlawful.

Instead of taking it for granted that your guest will eat what you eat, you will have to source Halal slaughtered produce or risk upsetting your guest. Depending on how strict a Muslim your guest is, this could even mean finding Halal sweets.

If you enjoy a glass of wine after work or a few beers while watching the football, you will offend your guest greatly. As you will also, if you enjoy the lottery or a bet on the horses.

'They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit.' (Qur'an 2:219)

Your guest will need somewhere to pray. Some hotels have a separate designated prayer room for Muslim guests.

Your room must be kept spotless at all times this is due to your guests head touching the floor during prayer. There must be washing facilities near for religious cleansing before prayer.

Some female Muslim guests will require a separate bathroom from male members of the family.

Finally, should you have teenage daughters at home; offence will be taken should they have a habit of wandering around the house in skimpy clothing.

A genuine Syrian refugee's religion and culture is and will be diametrically opposed to our way of life.

If anyone believes that a few days after their genuine Muslim Syrian refugee has arrived, they will be lounging on the sofa watching X Factor while eating fish and chips in leafy suburbia is deluded.

Most of that is utter nonsense

To some extent. As Sergeant Wilson noted earlier, there are probably many who are both, who will send for their families when they're established wherever they end up.

Agreed. But even though the wise and learned WILLIEA has well and truly put me in my place by calling me a name, many of the pictures being shared across all forms of media have been proven to be hoaxes. The 'swarms' of refugee men arriving recently was in fact Jordanian men volunteering to fight against the likes of ISIS, the bodybuilder male refugees were in fact going to a competition in Australia years ago. There have been recent doctored pictures of refugees too where on a wider scale there were women and children in the background but a cropped version has been used to emphasise the men. All of these images can be verified by dragging the image into a search engine and searching it's etymology.

My problem with the statistics purely lies with the fact that there should be a distinction between economic migrants and refugees. Also, and to a lesser extent, young men are more likely to have survived a perilous journey are they not.

This could very well be a 'hoax' but I so hope it's real -

"Danish paper - interview with a Syrian family in a German refugee camp:

(Not happy with the overcrowded camp, long queues for food etc. They think now they should have picked a different country).

“We should have never come here. This is the first time we regret our journey to Europe. If Germany can’t cope they have to close the border. But they invited us, it’s very confusing”.

Q: What did you expect?

A: (The husband): Few weeks in a camp, then our papers would be ready - we expected we could get a room and I could start my own company.

The husband had a grocery store in Iraq. He expected to open a similar store in Germany.

“It’s not a problem. I’m a businessman and I can learn the language in 2-3 months”."

:lol:

Not really.

According to UNHCR data, men in the 18-59 age range make up only 21.8% of the registered Syrian refugees. In all of the pictures and broadcasts in the media, the vast majority of the refugees appear to be young men.

I'm just wondering why there appears to be so few women and children amongst the masses of people.

http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/regional.php

Probably because younger, fitter, men are better equipped to cross the Mediterranean on a lilo and walk hundreds of miles across Europe you spanner. Most under 5's I know aint that strong a swimmer and tend to get tired after walking to the car.

Not so good at fighting disease and coping with malnutrition either. I wonder why there are so few diabetic refugees? Puzzler.

This article in that guardian suggests that most refugees arriving in the EU are young men between 16-20 years old and make up 80% of arrivals in germany.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/20/refugees-hungary-croatia-muslims-tensions

Ok, this reports says the majority of refugees are young men and others say they're not.

If the one from The Guardian is true and 80% of refugees are young men between 16-20 years old, can you tell me what particular problem you have with that?

It's the whining when we're walking through the Forrest at night about being scared that annoys me. Totally ignoring the fact I have to walk out of their on my own!

That's actually one of my favourite jokes. It doesn't tend to go down well at parties.

Archived