The Glorious Hoops v Bainsford's Chosen Few...

After our barnstorming performance against The Other Rangers last week, Matchday 6 sees the beginning of our thundering run to the top over the next four games. Gus has got the shape about right and our group of attack-minded players will be showing no more mercy as the Hampden scoreboard faces meltdown. My only advice to The Shire staff is to find some Black & Gold strips, otherwise bring your hankies.

Have at them Spiders. 8-2 to the QP :thumsup2

Hopefully we can get back on track this week. Despite losing a man so early on, I feel that were easily the better side at Berwick. Aaaaah...I'm thinking about that bloody referee again and his penalty / non-penalty decisions!

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts............

For some reason, we seem to be much better away than at home.

What are the chances of Mad Bill and Mad Sophie making this one?

My oh my. Not very good at starting threads, are we Nobby?? 5 posts and three are your own....takes all kinds, huh.

Oh I don't know Shaw. Seem to recall I started a belter of a thread last New Year that attracted over 26,000 views. You remember that one don't you Baron von Dickhead. Shawfield, Shawfield Uber Alles.

Besides, shouldn't you be somewhere else at 2:45 on a Saturday? Thought you supported another team.

It's not quantity but quality that counts with us - no surprise then that we had the usual temporary deterioration when Shaggro coudn't resist the urge to follow his obsession with us.

But enough about these sad itinerant interlopers, and what about today's goalfest. QPSAFF's initial prediction could (and should) have been on the cards, had it not been for some wasteful finishing combined with the fact that 'Shire were never ever going to score twice.....when did we last see 23 goal attempts (15 on target!) v Shire's solitary effort.

The result and performance both highlight the depth of squad that Gus has assembled, which augurs well for the remainder of the season, especially once other clubs suffer from injuries and suspension. It looks to me based on every team's lack of consistency that nobody is going to run away with it this year, and that every side (yes, even Arbroath) could end up winning this league, which is going to make for a really exciting season as equally anyone could end up bottom too!

Maybe things will become clearer by December but right now I'd have no confidence whatsoever about predicting who'll end up where by May.

Delighted but not overly surprised by yesterday. The next few games gives us a spell to consolidate on this and I'll be surprised if we don't see more Of the same. Shire fans had a glum day (football related) but much of that was down to the QP. The pass-and-move play yesterday was good enough for higher leagues and every player was good enough to keep involved. Much credit to the Shire goalie for keeping it decent for so long.

Hats off to the match sponsor for picking a MoTM from that lot - could have been anyone but I agree with their choice. McLeish has shown well for me, especially last week, and he made a huge impact yesterday up the left flank. But Berry, McKernan, Burns, McGeever and Galt would all of been justified too. Galt in particular was outstanding yesterday and showed ballskills that are very rarely seen anywhere in Scotland these days. I would add Chris Duggan, whose front line leadership is making a big difference, to that list. However, several times there were better options with a pass and although a loanee with something to prove he'll do better if his teammates are playing with him. Loanee doesn't mean loner Chris. Chuffed for Carter getting a break at last.

Well done to Gus and whoever helped him find these guys. Spoiled for choice, I suspect he'll have a few tricky Friday's trying to decide who to leave out.

Football aside, well done to the young Shire fans for the second half performance in their match against G4S. Hilarious! If there's any stewards watching; get a life.

Got to be happy with that, although it really should have been more......but let's not be greedy. It all seemed to come together and even the shake up of the defence didn't seem to affect us, although the goal we lost was poor.

Shire helped by being a "mob" (I think the phrase is). They looked quite nippy on the break and once the keeper had had his mad moment, he pulled off some terrific saves. That apart, they were undisciplined and didn't look particularly fit. Could be a hard shift for them this year on this display.

QPSAFF has got it spot on with Duggan; but although sometimes his final ball wasn't the right one, he's at least producing the chances. He's powerful and tricky and I think that the partnership with Galt, who had a great game, should be persevered with.

Good performances all through the team and the strength in depth was demonstrated with us being bale to bring on the likes of Carter and Bradley. I'd imagine that there are sore bodies today though, as Shire seemed to be taking it in turns to whack our lads. It's all part of the game, I'd agree, but the referee should have taken a harder line on more than one occasion.

After complaining about a couple of ridiculous penalty decisions last week, it was great to be on the receiving end of a poor one yesterday.

After a shitey 7 days of football, it was great to shake off the blues.

All cedit to the feral kids in the Shire support and their beach balls. Haven't laughed so much at a game in years. I was embarrassed for the stewards who were told to chase after the beach balls. It's a sad day when this is seen as necessary when the kids were only having a laugh, far from everyone else in the stadium.

All cedit to the feral kids in the Shire support and their beach balls. Haven't laughed so much at a game in years. I was embarrassed for the stewards who were told to chase after the beach balls. It's a sad day when this is seen as necessary when the kids were only having a laugh, far from everyone else in the stadium.

The stewards were an embarrassment. Before anyone says it I am aware of how poor the stewards are at Ochilview as well.

The minute they hass noticed the beach balls they stormed over telling the group they couldn't have them, but when questioned couldn't give a reason why and ended up telling them that "someone could trip over one of them". When questioned again at half time they had said "it's like having mobile phones in school, they're just not allowed".

I don't understand what would be wrong with the beach balls as they were only brought for a laugh and to create an atmosphere. The group would have never been that rowdy if they had just left them to have a good time.

Everyone goes on about German football and how the fans are amazing and every fan should aspire to be like a German one, but I could guarantee you that you could take a beach ball to a game and it would never to taken off you.

In fact you can even have a pint while watching the game.

Aye, I could understand it if the kids were in amongst other supporters, but they had quite rightly stood well away from everyone else.

Sadly, this way of dealing with people is the norm at too many grounds now where doing anything other than sitting down and clapping politely is a potential problem that has to be tackled with over the top stewarding.

Ditto being asked if you flag has a fire certificate from the fire brigade.

Ditto being asked if you flag has a fire certificate from the fire brigade.

If only the lads had produced their CE marked Declaration of Performance covering Beach Toys and Associated Equipment.

Thought the youngsters outplayed their opponents superbly. Controlling the middle and using the wide spaces well; quick, precise passing with some individual flair; great team performance and despite a couple of red cards they saw the match out comfortably.

If only the same on the pitch...

40,000 Scotland fans allowed to stand for an entire game in an all seated stadium but 25 young shire fans bring some beach balls to the same stadium and put 400 seated fans safety at risk. Fucking embarrassing!

the sooner (if ever!) that the Club regains control over its catering and stewarding the better, and then we'll have a better (if indeed possible at Hampden) atmosphere for away fans, without them additionally being ripped off for their purvey into the bargain

Didn't think I'd be happy to be stuck broken down on the motorway for three hours, but judging by my fellow shire fans reports, I think I may have been the lucky one.

Even two weeks ago I was optimistic. I'm pretty despondent now...

The only hope for improvement is that Townsley, Mcabe, Gilmour, and now Wallace out constitutes a major injury problem. A squad our size was always going to struggle to cope with that.

Archived