Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

I don't mind flares unless folk are chucking them about (which the Poles were). They can look alright and that but setting them off next to kids is also stupid as f**k.

Was there any kind of action taken in the away end? Didn't look as though there was, despite heavy police presence.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We made a very poor start to the game. They were all over us, outplaying us, and I was worried they were going to win it by a few. Really started to find our way back into it later in the half though and while our football and passing was still fairly sloppy at times, we were beginning to look like the more likely of the two sides to score. Paid off in the end.

Much better performance for a lot of the second half, though. Our defence was really looking rock solid, Marshall was collecting the ball whenever called upon, and even Alan Hutton was looking quite dangerous in attack. Fletcher looked better than he has for most of the campaign so far.

Thought Forrest had a surprisingly good game overall. Posed a decent threat on the wings. Wasn't convinced by Darren Fletcher, though, who had a quiet first half and didn't particularly offer a lot.

Gutter in the end, but the Georgia game was the one which ultimately cost us massively. Decent performance overall tonight, but not enough in the end considering we desperately needed to get a win out of it.

Was there any kind of action taken in the away end? Didn't look as though there was, despite heavy police presence.

Doubt it. In the home end I saw a guy right down at the front with a couple of officers staring at him wielding a flare and waving it about with no action taken. They'll no doubt be relying on CCTV and trying to sort it out with that. Not sure they'll manage it though.

I don't mind flares unless folk are chucking them about (which the Poles were). They can look alright and that but setting them off next to kids is also stupid as f**k.

Simple fact is that flares are illegal at football in this country and old bill should have dealt with it, but they don't give a f**k and shat it.

I was seated right next to the Polish end, with several Polish fans in among our lot (probably 70-30 Scotland fans).

I thought they were fantastic. The flares are great, they sang all game and I didn't see any trouble. On the contrary, there was much back-slapping and hand shaking at the final whistle.

"Oooh they let off some flares, better call the polis". God forbid we get a bit of atmosphere!

Away and watch rugby if you want polite applause and pimms.

I was seated right next to the Polish end, with several Polish fans in among our lot (probably 70-30 Scotland fans).

I thought they were fantastic. The flares are great, they sang all game and I didn't see any trouble. On the contrary, there was much back-slapping and hand shaking at the final whistle.

"Oooh they let off some flares, better call the polis". God forbid we get a bit of atmosphere!

Away and watch rugby if you want polite applause and pimms.

If someone has to set fire to something to have atmosphere, then that someone's probably a bit of a dick.

So aye, f*** this.

Too pished to really give as much of a f*** just now, but, despite trying to talk up our chances ahead of the game, I had an sneaky idea it would end up like this.

And, savvy observers, which excludes the likes of me, would suggest Scott Brown should not be considered a key player for us any longer.

<<<< absolutely seething, tbh.

The thing is, Poland is a much bigger country than us (and certainly a better team). In the cold light of day two draws against them is a positive in itself.

That along with our win and draw against Ireland we performed well against our immediate competitors, and a team better than us.

What we were undone by is one poor result against Georgia and Poland and ROI fluking it against Germany. We drew two jokers - well out our control but it happens.

Supras/St. Mirandas on suicide watch.

What are we doing so wrong that Wales, Iceland and Northern Ireland are doing so right?

Supras/St. Mirandas on suicide watch.

What are we doing so wrong that Wales, Iceland and Northern Ireland are doing so right?

For Wales, not having Gareth Bale. For Northern Ireland, not being in their shoes at draw time, and being in ours. For Iceland, you could argue not hiring Lars Lagerback when we had the chance (twice). Iceland are a good example, N. Ireland and Wales not so much. I'd have fancied our chances in NI's group, and would have probably fancied them to finish around 4th in ours.

Maybe Scottish fitba fans should be watching football factory and remember when it was a mans game.

Hampden Park and Scotland in general is not intimidating, the left wing self righteous PC brigade have turned " No mean city" into "People Make Glasgow".

People are drinking lattes in coffee bars before work.

Game over.

Maybe Scottish fitba fans should be watching football factory and remember when it was a mans game.Hampden Park and Scotland in general is not intimidating, the left wing self righteous PC brigade have turned " No mean city" into "People Make Glasgow".People are drinking lattes in coffee bars before work.Game over.

Excellent point. Cans of supey pre-work is the answer.

Maybe Scottish fitba fans should be watching football factory and remember when it was a mans game.Hampden Park and Scotland in general is not intimidating, the left wing self righteous PC brigade have turned " No mean city" into "People Make Glasgow".People are drinking lattes in coffee bars before work.Game over.

This made me laugh a lot

Well what can we say. Horrible start, absolutely outplayed in the first half, came good in the second then blew it again trying to defend a 1 goal lead. Ireland deserve to be there at least slightly more than we do, but we don't deserve it at all. Dublin is in party mode tonight. I'm at home now with a Pot Noodle licking my wounds.

I thought Hutton was an absolute liability in the first half at the back, Ritchie on the wing had nothing other than high balls in to the box. That was all we had for 45 minutes. Terrible first half, although Ritchie's goal was a peach. Fletcher's goal was a thing of beauty too but then we just switched off. Saw that equaliser coming a mile off.

Archived