Clyde v annan

Very very decent performance today. Looked really dangerous at times; for the first time in years attacking at pace.

JP in front of back 4 was really efficient passed the pass really well. Linton, Bollo and Junior all solid. We can even bring on Big Marko as a Sub...happy days.

Higgins again shows some really class act touches at times with Campbell and Gormley now look to be getting some understanding now. And a big rammy at the end..magic.

Certainly big progress and we can see were more improvement can come so good Saturday night on the way, where's the corkscrew?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for the first time, and one suspects not for the last, a calculated high-tempo start gave us the tailwind necessary to win.

If Annan's management anticipated such a start, and they really ought to have done so, they either didn't instruct their team appropriately or their team failed to acquit itself in accordance with their direction. Having said that, it would never be easy for Annan, being as sluggish as they are in retreat, to weather such a storm as that which Clyde created this afternoon. And that is all the more true given the weather conditions and the size of the Broadwood pitch.

It was an impressive win, as has been remarked, and one which we ought to remember as a simulation, imperfect albeit, of Clyde's latent strength. We have a player or two of almost every kind for almost every position. We've got work-rate, speed, strength, experience, height, flair. You name it. The only thing I think we lack, and I say this even given today's result, is a midfield general. And maybe a lethal front-man. But that might be greed: we've goals coming from all over the pitch, after all.

Perhaps it's my presbyterianism that disinclines me to make any Champions Elect proclamations; I am a gloomy soul. But I also foresee that we'll need more than our 'first-from-the-traps' ploy to despatch other, more spry opponents.

Another fine performance this afternoon. We looked particularly dangerous attacking down the left side, and Linton has been a real find.

Still not sure about the keeper. He remains rooted to the goal line for all crosses and set pieces. He did come for 1 cross today, and punched the ball well clear, and took out the Annan forward at the same time.

We could have easily scored 6 or 7 today, with 2 chances cleared off the line.

hard to pick out players in such a good performance but thought Higgins and Gormley were standouts Linton was pure class really impressed with mcgovern could go on and on goalkeeper does worry me the opposition now know to stand someone in front of him at set pieces he just can't deal with it

Ferguson didn't look to pleased with the second goal

Ferguson didn't look to pleased with the second goal

Would be worth bringing player cam out of hibernation to stick on him for a full game. His reaction at the fourth goal was brilliant, he just burst out laughing. Add the furious volleying of the ball after one of Gibson's dodgy moments.

Good to see Tam Brighton and Hat-Trick hero Roddy Hunter there today as well. 10 years since they joined the club :o

Really enjoyed today. Thought we were excellent in spells and to be honest 4-2 flattered Annan. We could/ should have scored a few in the second half. No failures in the team. Bit harsh the criticism of Gibson. As David W said, Annan keeper struggled a bit at times during the game as conditions weren't great. Plus marks also for nearly taking McColm's head off in the second :) .

Thought Linton, Gormley and Higgins in particular were superb. Finally, wtf happened at the end ? Complete storm in a tea cup. I'm sure though Marko should have walked. From what I saw he landed a belter of a hook on an Annan player in the scrum. Perhaps the guy with the bleeding face ?!

That's probably one of our best performances at home in a couple of seasons.

The majority of the team played well but Linton & Higgins were complete standouts. It seems with Linton that he is always in the right position and no-one gets past him and is also a threat going forward and he takes a cracking penalty & Higgins has a superb ability to get the ball and make lovely lay-offs and bring other players into the game and hopefully he is going to get better the more he plays & gets used to other players.

I am a bit worried about Gibson as he just doesn't move from his line and with the size of him & how well the keeper is protected these days he needs to do more.

I was worried about EF next week but after the results today I'm confident that we can get a better result and maybe get a win.

Be interested in how Annan fans rate us versus others they've played this season. Pretty much all opposition fans this season have said we were poor. Just interested in an honest opinion. Thought Annan mid to front were probably best I've seen this year. Very poor at the back though.

Couldn't of asked for a better performance and rest on my birthday! Great display! Keep it up and the title is all but won.

Another birthday boy here that enjoyed the day :D

Today was a clear step forward and signs of better to come as the manager finds a system that gets more out of the players and the players learn to work as a team. The early goals obviously influenced the rest of the game and made it very open. No idea if that was typical of Annan this season but they'll have to be careful if it is. Bound to be entertaining anyway.

I don't suppose I care how we win but some more wins like today might see us turn a significant corner. 7 goals in two home games is a clear change in form for a start. So one win followed by two defeats then followed by three wins. Inconsistency is the biggest problem in this division but that's a decent start.

Archived