Football Manager 2016

RJM77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started a game as the DABs - might as well exploit the vastly overrated talent

Sold Scott Lochhead (nope, me neither) to Norwich for £525k.

Ali coote away to Southampton for £575k rising to 1.6 million.

£325k for bodul as well...

Balanced....

I've started a game as the DABs - might as well exploit the vastly overrated talent

See this is weird. In my save United very accurately finished 11th. :lol:

With Motherwell getting relegated, the only slight anomaly from real life was Hamilton finishing 4th overall, otherwise the top and bottom 6 weren't too dissimilar. I keep seeing a lot of people complain about the realism of Scottish football in this one, but it seems pretty much spot on to me so far.

Apart from maybe Greg Stewart being top scorer. ;)

I'm Nottingham Forrest.

Just sold some humpty Dutch striker to Dumbarton which surprised as he was on about 10K a week and was too good for the Championship. Had a look at there squad and he's on £6.5K :lol:

They've got a squad full of foreign jobbers on thousands of pounds a week and have been taken over by some Portuguese billionaire. 7th in the Championship in March though. It says Steven Saunders is a legend there but he's only getting 500 quid a week. Poor c**t

With Motherwell getting relegated, the only slight anomaly from real life was Hamilton finishing 4th overall, otherwise the top and bottom 6 weren't too dissimilar. I keep seeing a lot of people complain about the realism of Scottish football in this one, but it seems pretty much spot on to me so far.

They got relegated in mine, as did Motherwell and Killie.

John Souttar is still stuck with the DABs as well!

Callum Davidson joined Dundee United as their new manager following a take over. :(

So I took their former manager as my assistant. Arise Sir Tommy, back amongst us. Albeit he's on 1.5k more than me as manager. :lol:

Oh they are shite but (from the researcher on here) it's due to a hidden stat around club morale or something.

If your a competent gaffer you can do well. Tbf I spent half the season in a genuine race for 2nd before finding myself bottom 2 games before the split. Recovered well enough to finish 8th but the players are ridiculous.

I've sold the players already mentioned for daft money - 325k for bodul FFS! I then got a million for Ali Coote to Southampton!

I've brought in Cummings,and Mallan first season whilst securing lawless on a PCA.

In my youth intake I got a 15 year old who I gave a debut to last game of the season. Just been signed by Everton for £1.4 million after 2 months at the club.

Then you have the existing players - Kawashima is probably second only to Gordon in the league, Zwick on a par with Bain but more potential, mccallum not far behind. Both souttars, telfer, Robson, muirhead, spittal and Dow have 5* potential.

Dixon and McGowan are mustard, Donaldson might be 5* potential and Durnan is very decent.

Hopefully I've shook off the bad morale and can kick on this season.

Tony Dingwall and Craig Wighton in from the relegated county and Dee's, Naismith from St Mirren and Steven Whittaker for tutoring/experienced cover.

ETA - forgot to mention new club captain Fraser - some player.

Ross County have just been bought over by a Chinese millionaire and he's provided them with £110m to spend in my Raith save. I also cannot stop throwing leads away, 3-0 away to Inverness, lost 4-3, 2-0 up away to Falkirk, lost 4-2, 4-1 up at half time to Dundee, lost 6-4. Completely infuriating.

Ross County have just been bought over by a Chinese millionaire and he's provided them with £110m to spend in my Raith save. I also cannot stop throwing leads away, 3-0 away to Inverness, lost 4-3, 2-0 up away to Falkirk, lost 4-2, 4-1 up at half time to Dundee, lost 6-4. Completely infuriating.

Counter or contain mentality - don't go for the big win, play for the points.

United are having an absolutely awful time of it in my save. Got relegated and sacked Paatelainen replacing him with Billy Stark. They have spent most of the second season sitting 9th in the Championship, Stark has subsequently been punted and Ray McKinnon has been charged with the task of removing them from the playoff spot.

Good luck. you have made good progress with Ebbsfleet.

Conference North is the hardest league going. Im playing as Maidstone and struggling to even get into the top half. I have signed about 10 players so wondering if this is affecting teams form at start due to them all being new to each other.

trying to play a 4-2-3-1 but seems very open and lack of chances going forward.

Wanting to start a new challenge on this years Football Manager, anyone have any recommendations?

start with out a club with the lowest reputation and experience and try and work your way to the top. Or pick a side and the bottom run of a nations setup and try and get them into the top league. You could also put your own restriction on what players you sign (nationally, between to ages, name must start with a certain letter).

Archived