Ton v Sons.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the poster may be referring to Pepper's first booking which led to the sending off, the denied penalty and confusing gestures looking like the penalty was given then not, the failure to send of your left back for a second booking in the second half, allowing your defenders to climb over opponents at will and probably countless other incidents.

Unlike the poster, I don't feel the ref was as one-sided as he has made out, decisions were shocking in both directions. One of the worst referee performances I've seen in a long time. The look on his face when he booked McCluskey showed that his head had gone and he had lost the plot.

But really - you can genuinely not think of any decisions that went your way that could have aggravated the poster you have linked to? Come on now.

Our left back should not have been second yellowed, or even given a free kick against him, barr was at it and even admitted it himself on Twitter. Not sure what you mean by our defenders were climbing all over folk? I mind buchanan went through the back of someone and was rightfully booked.

We had poor decisions against us, Routledge was ruled to have given away two fouls that never were and then he was booked.

So naw,I can't understand the guys point.

Not the worst 0-0 draw I've seen. We were up the other end but it looked a world-class save from the Morton keeper near the end. The laws of the game applied inconsistently. The fact that both sides thought they were hard done to, illustrates the poor quality refereeing. The booking of Docherty was just ludicrous. Garry didn't have one of his best games but was closest to scoring for us. I thought Brophy looked useful - good physical presence, good pace and willing to work at it. I sincerely hope Tags isn't badly injured.

Not the worst 0-0 draw I've seen. We were up the other end but it looked a world-class save from the Morton keeper near the end. The laws of the game applied inconsistently. The fact that both sides thought they were hard done to, illustrates the poor quality refereeing. The booking of Docherty was just ludicrous. Garry didn't have one of his best games but was closest to scoring for us. I thought Brophy looked useful - good physical presence, good pace and willing to work at it. I sincerely hope Tags isn't badly injured.

What happened to Taggart? I missed it thanks to a f*cking pillar.

Felt like two points dropped in the end with the chances we missed in the last 10 mins but a draw was a fair result.

Buchanan and Barr had decent games and both should be retained for the Rangers match. Similarly, Brophy looked lively when he came on and should be given an opportunity from the start next week.

Morton looked much improved from the early cup game, they won't go down this season.

Morton badly missed Denny Johnstone who would have given Buchanan and Barr a harder time and would probably have given Samuel more to work with. According to Samuel, the penalty shout should have been given. One Dumbarton player got the ball but it was the other one that took him out.

Over the piece, a draw was probably fair but we were holding on in the last ten minutes and have Gaston to thank for our point plus a wee bit of (deserved?) luck. Gaston has to be the best keeper in the league.

A reasonable crowd also, given the weather.

As 0-0 draws go that wasn't all that bad. Thought Morton slightly edged things early on but never really tested Brown. Buchanan had a good game at the back but felt first half we were exposed down the left with Waters and Kirky both struggling. Overall though I thought we looked well balanced and fairly comfortable at the back.

Sending off tipped the balance of play towards Dumbarton and we should have won it from the chances created late on, although credit to Galston for some excellent saves. Impressed with Brophy who looked lively.

The least said about the referee the better. Both teams on the end of some bizarre decisions and he was far too card happy early on and generally inconsistent throughout.

Neither do I, thought they were good fun.

More random stuff like that at games please.

Who'd have thought you could have a laugh with your mates, especially at the match? Good on Em!

Hope they get the vuvuzelas going again for when the Govan branch turn up in a couple of weeks.

The least said about the referee the better. Both teams on the end of some bizarre decisions and he was far too card happy early on and generally inconsistent throughout.

Agree totally with that, when Pepper grabbed a hold of the boy was probably the only deserved card, the bookings were bizarre to say the least, Pepper first booking was nonsense, especially as he was playing on and not looking for a foul, Routledge got booked, for what? As far as I seen it was a perfectly good legit challenge. The ref was Shiite for both teams yesterday.

7 bookings and a sending off when it wasn't a particularly rough game, there was not any reckless, career threatening challenges or malice involved.

Archived