Talbot Floodlights

Talbot Bing

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think they were a myth. Am sure I saw the infrastructure and equipment there at one point

I know TB I believe when it was looked into it wasn't viable for various reasons, cost being the most important one the pylons are still there but the generator is gone. Maybe one day Beechwood will have floodlights but I cant see it being any time soon.

From a reliable source, floodlights were on the agenda and costing was looked at. The regeneration guys considered if floodlights were to be put in they would be of at least the Bronze licence category which the system that was gifted is not. It was considered that concentrating on replacement seating for the stand and proper toilets was more of a priority. The seats are almost installed and the toilets will be soon. Lights could be back on the agenda sometime, however there are lots of projects that could be considered, what is certain is that there will be further improvements once the seats and toilets are finished.

why would they need a genny, a typical system that is 4x1000 watts per pylon and 4 pylons each side would need a total of 140 amps, now a typical house has a 60 amp main breaker so the lights would use the equivalent of 3 houses worth of power. surely the electrics in the village could handle that

why would they need a genny, a typical system that is 4x1000 watts per pylon and 4 pylons each side would need a total of 140 amps, now a typical house has a 60 amp main breaker so the lights would use the equivalent of 3 houses worth of power. surely the electrics in the village could handle that

No idea mate but one sat there for a good couple of years never to be used.

Electrics ??? :o

gaslight.jpg

Remember back in the 90s when winton park for me was the best junior ground in Scotland and winton had floodlights.

Indeed they were the first junior team to host the Scarlett / Kerr & smith / Ardagh cup final in an evening game under the lights back then .

Just to show everybody how the great Nock hates Bot thing is so totally wrong, I have an idea that would be a great show of how we can pull together for our mutual benefit

I would suggest that the upcoming floodlights at Townhead Park when the new pitch is laid could be powered by a few greyhounds belonging to our good Talbot friends which we could put on a treadmill

In return , we could get a few good Nock chaps to bounce up and down on a trampoline to generate the power to light up Beechwood

Only issue I can see is, if we keep playing the way we are just now , total darkness at Townhead might be an advantage

Archived